124 replies to this topic

#21 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:34 AM

View PostMStipee, on 14 December 2016 - 02:54 AM, said:

There is no way to tell at an invasion match, if you are gonna attack or defend.

Could you please fix this too? There are ppl out there who make dropdecks for def and for attack purpose, and they have no idea what to bring.

Yeah, I agree with this being the biggest issue with the new patch.

#22 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:50 AM

There is no way to tell at an invasion match, if you are gonna attack or defend.

Could you please fix this too? There are ppl out there who make dropdecks for def and for attack purpose, and they have no idea what to bring.

View PostHusker Dude, on 14 December 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

Yeah, I agree with this being the biggest issue with the new patch.

They removed the notifications of PROTECT or GATHER from scouting window as well.

#23 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:22 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 13 December 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

We will be rolling out a hot-fix, currently scheduled for Wednesday, December 14th at 3:00 PM PST (11 PM UTC), with the following changes:

Faction Play: Fixing an issue where Groups would be unable to launch due to an issue with tonnage checks.
Faction Play: Increasing the Skirmish, Assault, Conquest, and Domination Game Mode timers to 20 minutes (from 15).

Faction Play: The Planet History table will now use standard timestamps (ie. the year 2016, not 3051).
Faction Play: Resetting Faction Play Leaderboards to coincide with Phase 4.1 release.
Faction Play: Fixing an issue where Call to Arms could pull you out of certain Faction Play windows.
Faction Play: Fixing an issue where debug text was used for the 'Contract Time Remaining' values in the Merc Units Leaderboard.
Faction Play: Fixing an issue where Clan/IS emblems were not being used for Ownership history in Planet Details.

HUD: Fixing an issue where the Artillery Consumable HUD icon would appear as a Radar icon.

Decals: Fixing an issue where the AC5 Ammo Decal had been replaced with the Aluminum Symbol Decal.

HPG Manifold (Quick Play): Removing walls that were brought into the map from its Faction Play counterpart.

MechLab: Fixing an issue where the Performance Diamond values weren't displayed when hovering over a 'Mech portrait.

We will keep this post updated with any additional fixes or time changes.

so no hitreg fix? I, and others, have noticed an appreciable decay of hit reg from this patch. ERPPCs just passing through mechs, doing no damage... or the ERPPC shot just vanishing into thin air before it even gets to the target. other times the target reticle won't give a hit confirmation until a second or more after your shot hits...

#24 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

For what it's worth, I experienced some bullet-time/lag today pretty bad. It was a close-up brawl with three or four of us in Scouting on Frozen City in the F5-ish vicinity though, so maybe it's just to be expected. Happy Gaming!

#25 MECHB0T

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:33 PM

View PostAppogee, on 13 December 2016 - 11:35 PM, said:

Yeah, the Clanners only won four out of four planets last night. PGI, you must make it even easier for them!

I always wondered why the Clan geneticists didn't filter out their "Incessant Whining" gene. But then I realised: it's an evolutionary advantage to convince everyone they're hard-done-by victims.

The whining comment me laugh Posted Image But I have to say most of the FP matches against IS, on the first night of the patch, were won because the IS teams were very poorly coordinated and the four planets were won because IS were pugging when FP was on QP maps.

#26 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:40 PM

View Postj.a.r.v.i.s, on 14 December 2016 - 12:33 PM, said:

IS teams were very poorly coordinated and the four planets were won because IS were pugging when FP was on QP maps.

Yeah, I wonder to what extent that is a contributing factor ... PUG IS teams vs experienced Clan teams. It's hard to know.

But then, I think there's a reason why experienced players go Clan... I mean, whenever there's an event and I'm in a hurry to complete it, I will take a Clan Mech every time because they're just overall better.

I'm one of those people.

I wondered whether the change was deliberate, so that we can't min/max our decks for Attack/Defence?

#27 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:44 PM

View PostAppogee, on 14 December 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

Yeah, I wonder to what extent that is a contributing factor ... PUG IS teams vs experienced Clan teams. It's hard to know.

But then, I think there's a reason why experienced players go Clan... I mean, whenever there's an event and I'm in a hurry to complete it, I will take a Clan Mech every time because they're just overall better.

There's also the new clan mech thats made most people go clan to play with their new toy.

#28 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:34 PM

Hey all,

The hot-fix has been rescheduled to arrive tomorrow at the appointed time, rather than today, to include some additional items. I've updated the OP with all the new details. Apologies for the somewhat last-minute delay

#29 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:50 PM

I like the Hud changes. Hope to see more customization in the future.

#30 Akula0815

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 53 posts
  • LocationHanover, Germany

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:01 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 14 December 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

Hey all,

The hot-fix has been rescheduled to arrive tomorrow at the appointed time, rather than today, to include some additional items. I've updated the OP with all the new details. Apologies for the somewhat last-minute delay

Additional items?
Please be brave and take back the heatsink tweaks in the hotfix-hotfix. They just brought even more high alpha laser gameplay which is killing all fun fighting. Be even more brave and nerf heatsink capacity instead to make it harder for the high alpha laser gamers to kill with two and a half alphas and not even overheating...!

regards
aku

Edited by Akula0815, 14 December 2016 - 03:01 PM.

#31 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:21 PM

These are the additional items added since Hot-Fix details were first posted

• Steiner Coliseum (1v1 Map): Fixing an issue where changing your Lance would drop you into the ethereal plane.

• Faction Play: Invasion and Scouting pre-drop screens will now convey which side you are fighting on.
• Faction Play: Fixing an issue where Groups be set to un-readied when a Conflict ends.
• Faction Play: Fixing collision issues with certain O-Gens on certain maps.
• Faction Play: Fixing an issue where debug text was used for the 'Contract Time Remaining' values in the Merc Units Leaderboard.
• Faction Play: Fixing an issue where Clan/IS emblems were not being used for Ownership history in Planet Details.

• Faction Play: Increasing the Skirmish, Assault, Conquest, and Domination Faction Play Game Mode timers to 25 minutes (from 15).
Design Note: Initially the match timer for the above Faction Play Game Modes was going to be increased to 20 minutes in this hot-fix, but after continuing to monitor the results of additional matches since then we have opted to increase the timer by an additional five minutes.
Under the original 15 minute timer a significant number of the matches in those Faction Play Game Modes were ending as a result of match timeout, and were not taking full advantage of the benefits offered by the Drop Deck system. We expect this timer increase will result in more engaging matches, less-prone to outcomes dictated by the timer.

Additional changes to HUD Behavior

The December 13th patch brought with it a number of changes to HUD behavior not outlined in the Patch Notes.
As a result of those changes, friendly HUD elements would appear on your HUD at all times; friendly 'Mechs, UAVs, Turrets, and any other friendly elements would all have a persistent HUD presence regardless of whether they were in your direct line of sight.

While the intent behind these changes was to improve the level of information and situational awareness for friendly elements in the match, those benefits were outweighed by the resulting clutter in the HUD, particularly in game modes containing a range of distinct elements. Clutter would be further compounded when enemy HUD elements were also present.

As a result of those issues we will be making the following changes to HUD behavior with this hot-fix:

- Team Turret, UAV, and Game Mode HUD elements will no longer be persistently displayed on the HUD.
- Team 'Mech weight class and status icons (such as ECM) will only appear automatically in the HUD when they are in your direct line of sight (ie. not obstructed by a building or other environmental component).

While pressing 'Q' (by default), all friendly elements in the match will then be visible, regardless of whether they are in direct line of sight. This includes items such as Team 'Mechs, Team UAVs, and Team Turrets, along with the usual information provided with 'Q' engaged, such as health.

#32 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:25 PM

View PostAkula0815, on 14 December 2016 - 03:01 PM, said:

Additional items?
Please be brave and take back the heatsink tweaks in the hotfix-hotfix. They just brought even more high alpha laser gameplay which is killing all fun fighting. Be even more brave and nerf heatsink capacity instead to make it harder for the high alpha laser gamers to kill with two and a half alphas and not even overheating...!

regards
aku

No, ER PPC/Gauss and dakka were already dominant enough. Closing the gap for lasers to compete a little bit better was a good call.

#33 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:33 PM

Thanks Alex - my uncluttered HUD and I both appreciate it! :)

#34 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:38 PM

Things are moving in the right direction, keep it up >.>

#35 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:51 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 14 December 2016 - 03:21 PM, said:

• Faction Play: Increasing the Skirmish, Assault, Conquest, and Domination Faction Play Game Mode timers to 25 minutes (from 15).
Design Note: Initially the match timer for the above Faction Play Game Modes was going to be increased to 20 minutes in this hot-fix, but after continuing to monitor the results of additional matches since then we have opted to increase the timer by an additional five minutes.
Under the original 15 minute timer a significant number of the matches in those Faction Play Game Modes were ending as a result of match timeout, and were not taking full advantage of the benefits offered by the Drop Deck system. We expect this timer increase will result in more engaging matches, less-prone to outcomes dictated by the timer.

I'm really happy to see you guys bumping it up to 25 minutes. Having enough time to fully play all 4 of your mechs helps players who want to build balanced drop decks.

#36 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:52 PM

Still would love to be able to toggle those HUD elements to off... been playing since closed beta.. I really don't need the icons.. but yay for removal of some.. would be better if I never saw them ;)

#37 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:58 PM

The 25 minute timer is appropriate... I wonder whybit was not used in the initial launch, seeing that 15 minutes is already known to be optimized for only single Mech dropdecks...

#38 Shock21

• PipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:20 PM

Please get rid of the voiceover in Quick play. It's annoying and adds nothing to the game

#39 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:26 PM

View PostShock21, on 14 December 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

Please get rid of the voiceover in Quick play. It's annoying and adds nothing to the game

It's not that it adds nothing to the game, it's that what it adds is something with a bit too much singleplayer flavor to it. The information, as always, is helpful... but it'd be better if you could hear your teammates coordinating stuff.

Which they often don't.

So... PGI finds themselves once again in the place of having to decide whether to remain in the "They're just not talking to each other like they should" camp or try and make tracks for "Maybe if we show them what they should be doing" camp. I can see the reasons but I do hope they take it out eventually (not the intro stuff but the constant updates on caps - that information is already available visually and you need the comms to be clear for human pilots to speak)... after it's sunk in to more players that they ought to be the ones communicating.

#40 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:29 PM

I'm glad to hear it's getting an extension. This puts it right in line with older MechWarrior-series games that I used to play, and should feel right at home for me. And yeah, I ran afoul of one of those matches earlier today where the timer ran out. There were some confused people. :D

Additional changes to HUD Behavior

The December 13th patch brought with it a number of changes to HUD behavior not outlined in the Patch Notes.
As a result of those changes, friendly HUD elements would appear on your HUD at all times; friendly 'Mechs, UAVs, Turrets, and any other friendly elements would all have a persistent HUD presence regardless of whether they were in your direct line of sight.

While the intent behind these changes was to improve the level of information and situational awareness for friendly elements in the match, those benefits were outweighed by the resulting clutter in the HUD, particularly in game modes containing a range of distinct elements. Clutter would be further compounded when enemy HUD elements were also present.

As a result of those issues we will be making the following changes to HUD behavior with this hot-fix:

- Team Turret, UAV, and Game Mode HUD elements will no longer be persistently displayed on the HUD.
- Team 'Mech weight class and status icons (such as ECM) will only appear automatically in the HUD when they are in your direct line of sight (ie. not obstructed by a building or other environmental component).

While pressing 'Q' (by default), all friendly elements in the match will then be visible, regardless of whether they are in direct line of sight. This includes items such as Team 'Mechs, Team UAVs, and Team Turrets, along with the usual information provided with 'Q' engaged, such as health.

Got some questions about this... Will we still see Friendly 'Mechs in our Compass? Also, will we get back the Triangle indicators for Friendly 'Mechs where we don't have the direct line of sight, and/or they're way downfield? I don't think it would be good for someone to pop up and shoot the wrong 'Mech because they didn't see a Friendly Indicator overhead of a Friendly 'Mech. Further, why are the ECM State Indicators over Friendly 'Mechs being taken out of the Non-"Q" View? ECM-Users make use of that information to place themself properly along their team's battle line, as to attempt to cover as many Friendly 'Mechs as possible. Losing that information will very much hurt the team in severe and significant manners, as I've seen how a team can get temporarily spread and need to be shifting their resources about. Please don't lose these vital things from the active view? :(

View PostShock21, on 14 December 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

I beg to differ with that! I actually find it a useful reminder of what game mode that I (or another pilot) have just been launched into. I think that is really a good change, and provides added immersion to the game. Plus, during the rounds, it helps remind what kind of situation you're facing, so you don't get run over so easily. :huh:

~D. V. "Just my Mental $1.50 regarding the matter, questions included..." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users