Crashing On Loading Map

48 replies to this topic

#21 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:35 AM

Just an update but today everything is working fine for me. I don't know if something was done externally, but the only change I made was to restart my modem and router for like the third time.

#22 Erufen

• PipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:28 PM

Every other match I crash. Its honestly hard to play and make use of my premium time when the goddamn game keeps crashing. The crash report tool takes forever to do whatever it supposedly does, and just hangs after terminating the game's process.

I've let it run for upwards of 20 minutes, I've killed it manually through various intervals of time, and I cannot see it sending over anything through the network monitor.

The crash collector tool is a massive hinderence at getting back on the game quickly. To top it off, I am constantly penalized for losing. Getting my pilot rating to go constantly up is a challenge. For every match I win, there is one I lose, and at least 2 I crash at.

#23 DDog35

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:18 PM

I have a similar crash when loading from the map voting screen. When I initially load the game the very first and only the very first match loads fine with no problems. After the first match the second game will crash to the desk top 9 out of 10 times. I can rejoin the match late with no problem but then the next match will crash.

I use the stand alone client and have an Nvidia graphics card with up to date drivers installed. I have been sending in crash reports every time. I have no idea what is causing this but it did work before the patch. I hoped the hot fix would take care of the problem but it did not.

Is it possible to get this fixed soon? With the holidays coming up I was hoping to get some long game times in to earn some extra CBills.

#24 Red5angel

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNorthglenn Colorado

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:42 AM

I got the same problem immediately after the latest hot fix. My games has always been surprisingly stable until now. I played several other games that night with no issues.

Edited by Red5angel, 19 December 2016 - 03:49 AM.

#25 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:07 PM

I have same problem with Faction Play(only FP, QP works fine), it all started before september.

I get really long loading times(5 min +) before I drop in my mech but game usually will freeze anyway while loading which is followed by system error telling me that for some reason I'm running out or RAM(I have 8gb ram), even if I get past loading screen game will crash to the desktop just shortly after my mech hits the ground or in the best case, I am able to play but with random slowdowns and screen freezes, which usually are getting me killed, it is not really playable like that in the long run.

Funny thing is that when Faction Play was still called Community Warfare or even Faction Warfare I didnt have such problems, I reinstalled the game, updated my drivers, that didn't help, oh and I sent my crash reports btw. hope it will get fixed bc I don't know what I can really do on my end..

Edited by Kell Aset, 29 December 2016 - 10:12 AM.

#26 Blastinthepast

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:40 AM

I am very sad that I can't get any direct advice on how to fix what this patch has done from actual people who work for the game. I know forum users have taken a few stabs at possible ideas, but it would seem that when a patch causes a player to not be able to play, someone with the game team that implemented the patch should be able to work directly with said player and help them fix the issue? My emails to tech have resulted in also no response other than the generic 'hopefully our hotfix will fix this', which it did not. I don't want to give up on this game, but at this point with my moderate but not expert level knowledge of teach all I can do is login, see my game crash, and quit and play other games. Not a good way to treat your player base, and I know I am not the only one who has had crash and lag issues increase with the patch before this one and now this one. If anyone has simple steps I can try to take to address what may have happened I would be willing to try. I have done things already like restart, run repair tool, set visual settings all the way down to low, did what tech help suggested in an auto-reply and sent three files they wanted back to them (frontend, trace route, etc.).......
Thanks for any possible help....some of us still want to play and can't now.

#27 Dingbat67

• Pip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:37 PM

My Wife (Player name Morbidia) is having the same issue.

When we go to group drop, she'll be dumped out of the game maybe 50% of the time.

It happens when the match starts loading. It's after the match selection and before the screen that shows the match is loading. She can usually rejoin the game after the hard crash. She has a black screen after the match selection and before she sees the teams (prior to you clicking "ready").

Running nVidia GT730 video card.
Phenom, triple core, 4 gigs of RAM
Windows 7 32 bits.
pretty plain vanially machine.

Hope this helps.

I reported it to support@mwomercs.com but did not get any feedback.

#28 Blastinthepast

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:06 PM

HOLY CHRIST! Tech got backed to me and we actually walked through it (over the course of forever and like files and emails back and forth) and I CAN PLAY AGAIN! Just made it through two matches!! Had to delete a shader cache which he noticed when I sent in my omicron, but dam dudes, there is hope! I hope the rest of you get help also....have faith and hope! Yay, MERRY XMAS!

#29 Blastinthepast

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:49 PM

AND NOW I AM SAD AGAIN. Was able to play three matches from start to finish no problem, and now FIVE crashes in a row. Can't get past map screen again. I don't know what is wrong with this game, but it just doesn't make sense that it would be so buggy all the time. I was so happy that tech seemed to have a solution for me and it was working, and then plop! right back to the crapper. Back to Star Wars for me.....maybe I will just wait for Battletech to come out.

#30 DDog35

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:57 AM

IDK but it would be nice to fix this some time in the foreseeable future. I do not play any other PC games, after all as long as I have MWO there is no need for another video game fix. The crash every game is soooooo annoying though.

#31 Regalya

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:37 AM

Having crash 99% of time on any type of map load wheter quickplay,faction or testing grounds.
Verified integrity of game files,resetted settings,tried windowed/full screen etc tried lowest possible setting and all resulutions and also deleted and reinstalled the game tried everything that comes to mind nothing seems to be working.

Sending crash reports left and right :P

I join quick play it crashes as soon as screen switch from voting to load so i dont get to see the load screen then i send report/close the game then open it again rejoin the game and it works as if nothing happened i get out from the match then que again baam after vote crash again which makes me start the game again..
On invasion faction play can't even log back in it consistently disconnects or crash

#32 I Am Behind You

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:19 AM

I feel you Regalya. The deafening silence in forums and also from tech (although I did get 2 two emails over 11 days and one did help me play 3 matches before 'crashville' came back) either means: 1) the game population is much lower than we think 2) no one actually knows how to fix what the patch did to some of us 3) Many players don't care if you can't play or not as long as they can......OR they would help, but they don't have the technical expertise/don't know how to fix this patch either.
To be CLEAR......this is not the fault of our potatoes. This is a direct result of this latest patch, just like the previous patch harmed stability and made the game laggy for many. Game STABILITY should be a top priority for PGI.....crashes and lag are costing you players, and with MW 5 on tap (assuming it happens this time) and Battletech coming next year (with really good 'pre-alpha' footage out already) MO will die a slow death on the vine.
PGI.....help us play that the patch has messed up. Test patches better. Don't sacrifice stability for bells and whistles that the game never actually needed.

#33 Regalya

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:38 AM

Every game atleast 1-2 ppl having same crash problem as me so it's not entirely uncommon and something must be done about this not as soon as convenient but as soon as possible Posted Image

#34 Urn Peebles

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:35 AM

Hi everyone, yes feeling your pain.

Never had any issues with getting disconnected before, but since the patch whole game is crashing me to desktop during the map loading screen on most maps most times. Ran the repair tool to be sure, but nothing on my system has changed other than the new patch.

I am noticing many times there are also 1 - 2 other players with the same problem. Also as an observation overall loading of the game is taking longer than before.

Game is becoming unplayable this way. PGI Please fix ASAP....!!!

#35 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:17 AM

View PostI Am Behind You, on 24 December 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

2) no one actually knows how to fix what the patch did to some of us

I suspect this one ;)

#36 Jason Rodriguez

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:31 AM

I've played MWO for the first time after christmas break with the new patch. First and one of next games wen't smooth, all the others crashed. So it's seems completelly random.

#37 PlzDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:47 AM

View PostJason Rodriguez, on 28 December 2016 - 03:31 AM, said:

I've played MWO for the first time after christmas break with the new patch. First and one of next games wen't smooth, all the others crashed. So it's seems completelly random.

I have been living with this for months, it is not just this patch, I have reinstalled redid my computer did the stupid repair tool nothing works. I have stopped sending those crash reports cause whoever gets them is either asleep or they are going straight into file 13.

Just crashed now again for the 5th time today, and I got a penalty cause I could not get around all the clicks fast enough.... Like I said this bs has been going on for months, no reason why it should get fixed anytime soon,

#38 Red5angel

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:05 PM

Dingbat I have a similar build though slightly pumped up:

Windows 7 home premium SP1 64 bit
AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40 GHz
GeForce GTX 760

Did a ping 100 to the PGI servers, no dropped packets, average 50ms, spikes to 150 on occasion
tracert was fine

I've used two different modems since the patched dropped, the current modem is an upgraded version of my last one.

Not having any issues with other games or applications.

Tried turning on VSync to see if that helps, it didn't.

Watched my ping and FPS during a CW game and didn't see anything peculiar.

#39 -Pilgrim-

Rookie

• The Patron Saint
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:40 PM

sorry bud yes i too had a lot of crashes. nothn seems to fix it. until i upgraded my 2nd pc coz i got a new graphics card, keep note i installed it on my 2nd gaming pc and reinstall windows(clean) and downloaded the whole game. i did not install anything else and i don't have the crash anymore. i don't even have office in this pc, just opera not even chrome. and so far so good 2 days no crash.
windows home fx8350 4.0 ghz
gtx 1070 8gb mini version
16gig ram
sandisk 240 SSD (old version)

Edited by Pilgrim42, 29 December 2016 - 11:41 PM.

#40 Red5angel

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:33 PM

so last night I:

updated graphics drivers
updated windows
opened specific ports to PGI on my modem
reset my IP address
uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled MWO

One of these things seems to have worked but instead of being a good troubleshooter and doing one thing at a time I just decided to shotgun blast it. I've been playing for over an hour now with no drops, fingers crossed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users