#161 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:40 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 22 December 2016 - 05:35 PM, said:

Sheer willpower to hit that ****ing side torso despite all their squirming and wiggling. >:L

That... That specific wording...

Posted Image

#162 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

View Postnitra, on 22 December 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

The Really interesting thing in the tunnel video is that 4 inner sphere mechs were in that brawl one with a tactical advantage (hidden jager trip ac5) and when the engagement was done . the only mechs left standing were 3 clan mechs.

2 kdks and a madiic
rifleman down
jager down
and a orion i belive

not one survived it.

which brings me back to my initial point that inner sphere mechs can not afford facetime with the newer clan mechs kdk and madiic.
it has come to a point in the game now where a majority of the IS mechs just can not compete in direct engagements.

they can not with stand the damages being dished out these days nor can they provide adequate direct engagement fire power to shut down threats quickly. because if they could.
that enemy kdk opportunity window to shred the rifleman would have been a whole lot narrower.

same for the enemy jager he spent a whole lot of time trying to down his targets as well leading to his demise.
that entire skirmish lasted just a lil over 1 min 30 seconds. 4 dead inner sphere mechs. the 4 all died within 1 minute.

what did it take to bring down the clan mechs ?

to kill the enemy kdk it took the following: madiic, kdk, vindicator

to kill the freindly kdk it took the following: enemy kdk, jager, grid iron, and enforcer

to kill the freindly mad iic it took the following: enemy kdk, jager, grid iron, and enforcer

thats what im demonstrating here .

As i have stated this is not just a one time thing it is what i have been noticing more and more.
inner sphere survivability has been greatly reduced to the point that it almost requires 3 mechs to take down a kdk or madiic

and if those 3 are innersphere you can almost guarantee there will only be one left standing after the engagement.

its almost self evident when you play older inner sphere mechs .

I think it's hilarious that you're sitting here talking about how low IS survivability is when the IS 'mechs are the ones in this mix that have a ton of armor and structure quirks, of which the KDK and MAD-IIC have none. You know what I did tonight? You wanna know what I did? I solo'd a MAD-IIC in a Cataphract. A CTF-0XP to be exact. I charged right at him, firing my AC/20 and medium lasers as quickly as I could. I didn't twist, just kept coming. Before it was over I had him desperately twisting and backpedalling trying to get away from me. When it was over I walked away with most of my armor and a big fat solo kill payout. You're not going to convince me that MAD-IICs are OP if I can solo one like a piece of cake in a brawler Cataphract.

#163 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:59 PM

View PostMole, on 22 December 2016 - 05:51 PM, said:

I think it's hilarious that you're sitting here talking about how low IS survivability is when the IS 'mechs are the ones in this mix that have a ton of armor and structure quirks, of which the KDK and MAD-IIC have none. You know what I did tonight? You wanna know what I did? I solo'd a MAD-IIC in a Cataphract. A CTF-0XP to be exact. I charged right at him, firing my AC/20 and medium lasers as quickly as I could. I didn't twist, just kept coming. Before it was over I had him desperately twisting and backpedalling trying to get away from me. When it was over I walked away with most of my armor and a big fat solo kill payout. You're not going to convince me that MAD-IICs are OP if I can solo one like a piece of cake in a brawler Cataphract.

First of all, props for piloting Cataphracts. I've always loved how they looked. Second, and yes, this is off-topic, I really wish I could run Cataphract lore builds in this game without getting cut stomped at T2. Been wanting to take some out ever since I got the loyalty variant, but I can't find any options for making them work outside of being extremely liberal with the term "lore" build.

#164 nitra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:59 PM

View PostMole, on 22 December 2016 - 05:51 PM, said:

oh yeah i have one better .. know what i did ?? i tried to solo a kit fox and a inner spher light maybe medium in my illya muromets..

tripple lbx 10s 2 medium lasers and you know what happened ??!!

i died less than 30 seconds. side torso destroyed over 70 points of damage. gone in no time. and i didnt torso twist at all

so all i can say is that madiic pilot just didnt do you right . because if he did your face would have been in the dirt. just like mine

Edited by nitra, 22 December 2016 - 06:02 PM.

#165 nitra

• Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:13 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 22 December 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

First of all, props for piloting Cataphracts. I've always loved how they looked. Second, and yes, this is off-topic, I really wish I could run Cataphract lore builds in this game without getting cut stomped at T2. Been wanting to take some out ever since I got the loyalty variant, but I can't find any options for making them work outside of being extremely liberal with the term "lore" build.

they hard to pilot now.. if you can keep em inline with a good push they can do ok as long as it dont become primary.

there really good at comming in on flanks and whacking away at distracted enemys . but for direct engagment you better have that twisting down and your aim true because your going to need every bit of armor you got to pull out of it victorious.

#166 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:13 PM

View Postnitra, on 22 December 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

oh yeah i have one better .. know what i did ?? i tried to solo a kit fox and a inner spher light maybe medium in my illya muromets..

tripple lbx 10s 2 medium lasers and you know what happened ??!!

i died less than 30 seconds. side torso destroyed over 70 points of damage. gone in no time. and i didnt torso twist at all

so all i can say is that madiic pilot just didnt do you right . because if he did your face would have been in the dirt. just like mine

This is the part where I laugh at you for putting an XL in a Cataphract that you intended to brawl with. Seriously, just don't.

#167 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:16 PM

View PostMole, on 22 December 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

This is the part where I laugh at you for putting an XL in a Cataphract that you intended to brawl with. Seriously, just don't.

Maybe he was planning on using the LBX's for mid-long range combat? ;)

#168 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:17 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 22 December 2016 - 06:16 PM, said:

Maybe he was planning on using the LBX's for mid-long range combat? Posted Image

Then I would need to laugh even harder, I'm afraid.

#169 nitra

• Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:29 PM

View PostMole, on 22 December 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

And this brings up another facet, when the inner sphere drops the dreaded xl engine it creates a guns of the field disparity.

sure standard engined IS mechs last a bit longer but they are also more anemic in the firepower dept.

thus even further weakening inner sphere mechs on the feild. when it comes down to direct engagements.

you can clearly ignore all my points you want, and laugh to high heaven .

but the points remain valid and your dismissal does nothing to erode their premise.

oh yeah there was a time when the trip lbx illya was a respected build.

Edited by nitra, 22 December 2016 - 06:32 PM.

#170 Unendingmenace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 110 posts
  • LocationDropship Dire Wolf

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:32 PM

View PostMole, on 22 December 2016 - 09:00 AM, said:

God I'm so sick of everyone whining about every Clan 'mech that releases with a modicum of usefulness as being OP and campaigning for nerfs. Seriously guys. I've been fighting these things just as much lately as the rest of you and I have been able to solo kill them all by myself plenty of times in a variety of clan and IS 'mechs. Only change in gameplay I have noticed is a noticeable increase in clan ERPPCs which has made things a bit more difficult for my short range builds when both teams would rather trade sniper fire from opposite sides of Frozen City instead of actually moving to engage.

Well said +9000. It feels like as soon as a new clan mech is released lately you can almost time it perfectly with one of these threads magically appearing.

#171 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:37 PM

View Postnitra, on 22 December 2016 - 06:29 PM, said:

And this brings up another facet, when the inner sphere drops the dreaded xl engine it creates a guns of the field disparity.

sure standard engined IS mechs last a bit longer but they are also more anemic in the firepower dept.

thus even further weakening inner sphere mechs on the feild. when it comes down to direct engagements.

but the points remain valid and your dismissal does nothing to erode their premise.

And here we get down to the bare bones of your argument. This isn't about the MAD-IIC. This is about Clans in general being OP. Really getting tired of the "Clans OP because reasons and stuff" crowd. I'm not even a Clan pilot and I'm getting sick of it.

#172 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:39 PM

View PostMole, on 22 December 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

And here we get down to the bare bones of your argument. This isn't about the MAD-IIC. This is about Clans in general being OP. Really getting tired of the "Clans OP because reasons and stuff" crowd. I'm not even a Clan pilot and I'm getting sick of it.

I will gladly take my IS mechs out for a spin more often when the tech they have currently is more worthwhile or new tech is added.

#173 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:39 PM

There's an imbalance, but everyone takes it way too far. I blame it on the "Us vs Them" mentality.

#174 nitra

• Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:36 PM

I never said clan were op i dont support that, what i have said is that 2 clan mechs have shifted the balance of the game.

But you cant say that without people getting upset thinking they are under attack and people are pushing for nerfs.

when in reality what has been said time and time again is that there is now a discrepancy in balance between the the two factions

first bought on by the kdk and now the madiic. the consequences are that fewer and fewer innersphere mechs are played and the ones that are played have now come to a point where its taking 2 to 3 to take down these new clan mechs.

its very simple its getting painfully obvious .

yet people just want to keep the power creep engaged full speed . till the game becomes clan warrior online .

and anyone foolish enough to bring a old school inner sphere build is doing it for the lulz.

#175 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:37 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 22 December 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

There's an imbalance, but everyone takes it way too far. I blame it on the "Us vs Them" mentality.

You mean like this?

Posted Image

#176 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:42 PM

View PostFupDup, on 22 December 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

You mean like this?

Spoiler

Ayep. I've been meaning to post that for awhile, but I couldn't find it again. Thanks for that.

#177 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:42 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 22 December 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

Ayep. I've been meaning to post that for awhile, but I couldn't find it again. Thanks for that.

There's also the Transformers Armada version that inspired it.

Posted Image

Edited by FupDup, 22 December 2016 - 07:43 PM.

#178 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:53 PM

View PostBaulven, on 22 December 2016 - 01:30 AM, said:

You can tab back through old events. It was the assault event from a couple of months back.

oh i thought its was the write up someone had on google docs.. was a complete stat listing of every mechs event performances thru multiple events.. would have been interesting to see where it lined up on that..

#179 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:04 AM

View PostAntares102, on 17 December 2016 - 11:07 AM, said:

OMG OMG YOU ARE RIGHT !!
The Mad dog can also hold the same weapons and its even 40 tons lighter!! Proof:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...09c33d990af0f00
And on top of that its even faster !
It needs nerfing too !!!11111oneoneoneeleven

Are you ******* serious? Armor........ Ammo........ And the forum actually "liked" your post..... Proof the founding fathers were right to limit democracy.

#180 Rayden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 759 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:13 AM

View Postnitra, on 22 December 2016 - 06:29 PM, said:

Guys like you make me think "wtf?!" You try to facetank a KDK3 in a med/light heavy. After you died, you call em op. Srsly, whats wrong with ou guys? Facetanking assaults in other mechs than assaults is a stupid idea. Try it against an Atlas or Mauler. Or better you dont, or you will call em op too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users