197 replies to this topic

#181 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:19 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 20 December 2016 - 01:57 PM, said:

I know what it is. The range it's showing you is part-way through the back end of the mech itself, and you're hitting the front. Aka it's long enough that you're doing 0 damage with your PPCs due to it actually being 90 meters away. Because as soon as you backed up a tiny bit, he started taking heavy damage again. That, and he was missing his LT, and thus you were doing reduced damage to him.

he was 140m-130m away - that thing is not 40m-50m long.

#182 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:38 AM

View Postnitra, on 22 December 2016 - 07:36 PM, said:

I never said clan were op i dont support that, what i have said is that 2 clan mechs have shifted the balance of the game.

But you cant say that without people getting upset thinking they are under attack and people are pushing for nerfs.

when in reality what has been said time and time again is that there is now a discrepancy in balance between the the two factions

first bought on by the kdk and now the madiic. the consequences are that fewer and fewer innersphere mechs are played and the ones that are played have now come to a point where its taking 2 to 3 to take down these new clan mechs.

its very simple its getting painfully obvious .

yet people just want to keep the power creep engaged full speed . till the game becomes clan warrior online .

and anyone foolish enough to bring a old school inner sphere build is doing it for the lulz.

Battle master 5 lpl blue rays of death wants to have a word with you.

#183 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:13 AM

View Postnitra, on 22 December 2016 - 07:36 PM, said:

I never said clan were op i dont support that, what i have said is that 2 clan mechs have shifted the balance of the game.

But you cant say that without people getting upset thinking they are under attack and people are pushing for nerfs.

when in reality what has been said time and time again is that there is now a discrepancy in balance between the the two factions

first bought on by the kdk and now the madiic. the consequences are that fewer and fewer innersphere mechs are played and the ones that are played have now come to a point where its taking 2 to 3 to take down these new clan mechs.

its very simple its getting painfully obvious .

yet people just want to keep the power creep engaged full speed . till the game becomes clan warrior online .

and anyone foolish enough to bring a old school inner sphere build is doing it for the lulz.

I don't see were you getting your data from. Aside from when a new mech comes out, I usually see a pretty even balance of Clan and IS mechs in each and every match. New IS mech comes out, there are 6 of the new mech on each team, new Clan mech, same difference so I am not seeing any sort of Clan Warrior Online and honestly in the entire time I have played this game, I have never seen that.

As far as there being fewer and fewer IS mechs being used, what makes you think that is different in the clans. New mechs come out and replace the old and in quite a few cases it is just because the new mech is fresh and new, not because it is better. I have so many good mechs sitting in my Stable unplayed just because I am burned out on them, not because they are bad mechs. Also another reason why you are seeing less and less IS mechs is because mechs like the Warhammer have released. Honestly it is one of the best mechs in the game hands down. It has an amazing diversity of good, quality, effective builds that cater to multiple playstyles and it can wreck face of any mech it sees be it IS or Clan so yes, absolutely there are are alot in use which means other mechs aren't being used. This has nothing to do with the Kodiak or Marauder IIC, it has to do with the Warhammer.

Honestly if anything at this point, the Clans keep getting the short end of the stick. Every Clan mech that comes out gets tagged by IS players as being OP. I mean the Linebacker comes out, a 65 ton mech with less free tonnage for weapons and DHS than the Adder and within days it is being declared OP...what?? Then of course often as not, PGI caters to the whiners and Clan players get screwed. I mean all we hear is whine, whine, whine about the KDK-3 so what does PGI do. First it nerfs ALL THE KDKs, not just the one that is actually over performing. Then they nerf UACs because they are what enables to the KDK-3 to over perform, however it doesn't matter if it also nerfed all the under performing Clan mechs who use UACs as well because it got people to quit whining about the KDK-3.

So enough already. Quit whining and buck up. I am not the least bit afraid of a MAD-IIC or even a fricken KDK when I am playing my IS Maraduer or Warhammer or even my Battlemaster so why the hell are so many other (YES OTHER BECAUSE HALF MY STABLE IS IS) IS players such pansies and have to cry OP every time a new clan mech comes out.

#184 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

View PostJackalBeast, on 23 December 2016 - 08:38 AM, said:

special mention for the 5-6 LPL boar's head too. that thing tanks like a 125 tonner, with good range, DPS and heat management.

#185 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:34 PM

Sssssh, not allowed to mention the nice things.

#186 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:20 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 23 December 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

Sssssh, not allowed to mention the nice things.

Maybe if some of the derps knew about more of the nice things...we might have some intelligent conversation about balance.

5 LPLs has been nasty since ever...my favorite version

#187 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:59 PM

View PostGyrok, on 23 December 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

Maybe if some of the derps knew about more of the nice things...we might have some intelligent conversation about balance.

5 LPLs has been nasty since ever...my favorite version

Pretty quick. I enjoy faking out my enemies with this one. Easily beats the quad-LPL WHK that people used to love so much.

#188 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:36 AM

Anyone else noticing that if people don't go stupid the moment they see a IIC that their shoulders fall off like a joke?

#189 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:40 AM

Yes, power creep is real. Otherwise PGI would only be able to sell mechs to fanboys....

#190 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:56 AM

Just wish it wasn't too XL dependent on speed, cause any decent Clanner knows to focus on the ST of any mech suspected of carrying XL engine. Which makes mechs like Battlemasters and Jagers fragile, despite quirks.

#191 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:44 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 December 2016 - 05:56 AM, said:

Just wish it wasn't too XL dependent on speed, cause any decent Clanner knows to focus on the ST of any mech suspected of carrying XL engine. Which makes mechs like Battlemasters and Jagers fragile, despite quirks.

This is a good thing. It rewards game knowledge. Add up the weight of the mech, judge it against its speed, and make your plan of attack from there.

PLus the BLR 2C has huge structure bonuses. :P

#192 Phra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:28 AM

View PostBaulven, on 24 December 2016 - 05:36 AM, said:

Anyone else noticing that if people don't go stupid the moment they see a IIC that their shoulders fall off like a joke?

What he said, especially on the A with all the guns sticking out from the RT.

#193 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:50 AM

View PostPhra, on 24 December 2016 - 08:28 AM, said:

What he said, especially on the A with all the guns sticking out from the RT.

Yeah I decided to go a different route than the Triple UAC/5 on this variant simply because those triple UAC/5s were just a huge, obvious target. Every match, within a minute of taking any sort of moderate fire, the torso went bye, bye leaving me with just two MPLs to try to carry me the rest of the fight.

#194 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:21 AM

View PostBaulven, on 24 December 2016 - 05:36 AM, said:

Yes...it loses STs like they are going out of style.

#195 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 24 December 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

Yeah I decided to go a different route than the Triple UAC/5 on this variant simply because those triple UAC/5s were just a huge, obvious target. Every match, within a minute of taking any sort of moderate fire, the torso went bye, bye leaving me with just two MPLs to try to carry me the rest of the fight.

but if you dont go triple UAC5 then the IIC-C is better. i'd keep using the triple UAC5 because is the only clan mech capable of mounting 3 UAC5 in a single side torso.

#196 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:42 PM

View PostCorrado, on 24 December 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

but if you dont go triple UAC5 then the IIC-C is better. i'd keep using the triple UAC5 because is the only clan mech capable of mounting 3 UAC5 in a single side torso.

I just run different builds entirely on both though truth be told, neither one is my favorite. Oddly enough I generally prefer the MAD-IIC-8 as my number one choice. My second choice is the IIC-D which is originally one I did not feel I would like at all. Third choice is the standard IIC. Sorch by the way is my worst performer by a fair margin, no clue why.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 24 December 2016 - 09:42 PM.

#197 Rayden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 759 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 02:03 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 24 December 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

I just run different builds entirely on both though truth be told, neither one is my favorite. Oddly enough I generally prefer the MAD-IIC-8 as my number one choice. My second choice is the IIC-D which is originally one I did not feel I would like at all. Third choice is the standard IIC. Sorch by the way is my worst performer by a fair margin, no clue why.

Thats because brawling is hard these days. The longrangesetups work best for me too. Gauss+LrgLas, Peps +SmlLaser. Laservomit is really effective too.

#198 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 25 December 2016 - 02:10 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 24 December 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

I've alot good matches with my Scorch (2lbx10's 4art+srm6), I just play it as the rest my brawler builds wait til the stale pot shot, peek a boo fest is over and move in shredding apart anything that been hurt.

Edited by Battlemaster56, 25 December 2016 - 02:11 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users