Marauder Iic Op

197 replies to this topic

#141 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:14 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 22 December 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

What? Posting that they were at one time killed by the 6 MAD-IICs per side in any given match isn't evidence enough?

You know what the best part is? I've played my Atlas since the release of the Marauder IIC. All of these people saying it takes three 'mechs to take down a MAD-IIC? I stomped around a corner on a Marauder IIC twice in the same game and they melted beneath my blistering rain of AC/20 shells and SRMs just as quickly as any other 'mech. But I guess that just means my Atlas is OP too and should be nerfed.

#142 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostMole, on 22 December 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

You know what the best part is? I've played my Atlas since the release of the Marauder IIC. All of these people saying it takes three 'mechs to take down a MAD-IIC? I stomped around a corner on a Marauder IIC twice in the same game and they melted beneath my blistering rain of AC/20 shells and SRMs just as quickly as any other 'mech. But I guess that just means my Atlas is OP too and should be nerfed.

At this point, from how low in percentage I get in my MADs and MADIICs, I think it is a question of whether or not you understand how hitboxes work, and have the ability to execute upon that knowledge. They are easy mechs to core out and even easier to neuter their side torsos, yet I have matches where I will lose my arms first, all my leg armor, get cored out, have a side torso popped..

#143 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:23 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 22 December 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

At this point, from how low in percentage I get in my MADs and MADIICs, I think it is a question of whether or not you understand how hitboxes work, and have the ability to execute upon that knowledge. They are easy mechs to core out and even easier to neuter their side torsos, yet I have matches where I will lose my arms first, all my leg armor, get cored out, have a side torso popped..

I like to eat the side torsos on MAD-IICs. They pop easier than the CT even though both of them combined equals more HP than just coring them out, but when one ST goes, especially if you can rip off the left first, that 'mech is suddenly down a LOT of firepower and maneuverability and has just become a much easier and far more helpless target. It's better to mitigate the threat quickly and then kill slower rather than allow the threat to remain at full strength through the duration of the fight in order to secure a slightly quicker kill.

Edited by Mole, 22 December 2016 - 01:23 PM.

#144 Maker L106

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:21 PM

CT'ing a IIC isn't hard if they're firing at you, PPFLD shits allover them pretty fast. In a relatively hot MIIC set i run with 6 medium 2 lpl and 1 er ppc i can almost strip the armor off the front of one in a single go. the damage does spread sometimes but within two full strikes (not always alphas the shoulder or hte CT are opened up. it takes very little past that point or just wandering by them ignoring them until the friendlies have dealt with the damaged mech.

A lot of engagements with any of the Mad-IIC's are going to be decided on the openeing attacks from you AND them vs what mech you're running and what you can do. At least in a 1v1 scenario (light mechs not withstanding). That said a Mad-IIC away from his death ball or at least one or two mechs for backup is a dead assault. even with a near 50-70 alpha it's still a mech you can't just wander around with and end people (except that 2xGauss / PPC... that thing ends people... but usually only one or two before someone's the wiser)

#145 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:23 PM

View PostBaulven, on 19 December 2016 - 04:12 PM, said:

Per the assault Leaderboard this is the ranking per chassis (Variants for the Maurader IIc)

Kodiak
Battle master
Dire Wolf
Warhawk
King Crab
Maurader IIc + [S]
Stalker
Banshee
Executioner
Awesome
Mauler
Highlander IIC
Gargoyle
Mad IIC 8
Mad IIC scorch
Atlas
Mad IIC A
Highlander
Zeus
Mad IIC D
Mad IIC C
Victor
Mad IIC B

The top performer might need tweaked a bit but the chassis is not the end all be all. Hell certain Variants are scoring less than a victor.

good to know, i actually have 3.81 k/d:r on the MAD-IIC-D and is the bottom of the foodchain in the list. at least wont get nerfed.

#146 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:27 PM

View PostMole, on 22 December 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

Actually the mech I am finding myself fearing the most no matter what mech I am in is a fricken Cyclops. I don't know what build they are running other than it involves alot of SRMs but every damn time I run into one, I end up on the losing end of the match up. I was on Crimson a few nights ago in one of my MAD-IICs and came face-to-face with one while I was completely fresh. He just tore me up one side and down another and I have had that scenerio happen no matter what mech I am using. I am more afraid of those damn Cyclops than KDK-3s and run the other way when I see one trying to get into brawl range with me.

#147 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:29 PM

View PostCorrado, on 22 December 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

good to know, i actually have 3.81 k/d:r on the MAD-IIC-D and is the bottom of the foodchain in the list. at least wont get nerfed.

sh*t fits are common on the D with only 2 of every hardpoint (hurr hurr no boat no fun) and no one thinks pairing c-gauss with c-er large lasers is effective.. bracket build OP?

#148 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:32 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 22 December 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

sh*t fits are common on the D with only 2 of every hardpoint (hurr hurr no boat no fun) and no one thinks pairing c-gauss with c-er large lasers is effective.. bracket build OP?

i did always ran 2gauss 1erppc TC5 ECM XL350, 7 tons ammo. low dps, but you know. it hits.

sorry XL325

Edited by Corrado, 22 December 2016 - 04:41 PM.

#149 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:36 PM

View PostCorrado, on 22 December 2016 - 04:32 PM, said:

i did always ran 2gauss 1erppc TC5 ECM XL350, 7 tons ammo. low dps, but you know. it hits.

The idea behind the D is to have a constant hose from 800-1100 meters, where virtually nothing in the game can return fire. On mine I have 2 C-Gauss and 2 CERLL with both range extension modules slapped on, backed up by 2 streak srm 4s in the event someone smart in a light mech decides taking out the mech that's been hosing their team all game is a good idea, and to add that bit of extra firepower in <360m fights it needs to stay relevant with high punch low DPS weaponry.

Edited by Snazzy Dragon, 22 December 2016 - 04:36 PM.

#150 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:38 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 22 December 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

Actually the mech I am finding myself fearing the most no matter what mech I am in is a fricken Cyclops. I don't know what build they are running other than it involves alot of SRMs but every damn time I run into one, I end up on the losing end of the match up. I was on Crimson a few nights ago in one of my MAD-IICs and came face-to-face with one while I was completely fresh. He just tore me up one side and down another and I have had that scenerio happen no matter what mech I am using. I am more afraid of those damn Cyclops than KDK-3s and run the other way when I see one trying to get into brawl range with me.

Been on the receiving end of that myself, it ain't fun. But nobody ever said "Cyclops OP". Know why? Because it's not clan.

Edited by Mole, 22 December 2016 - 04:38 PM.

#151 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:43 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 22 December 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

The idea behind the D is to have a constant hose from 800-1100 meters, where virtually nothing in the game can return fire. On mine I have 2 C-Gauss and 2 CERLL with both range extension modules slapped on, backed up by 2 streak srm 4s in the event someone smart in a light mech decides taking out the mech that's been hosing their team all game is a good idea, and to add that bit of extra firepower in <360m fights it needs to stay relevant with high punch low DPS weaponry.

i'd stay with my 40 PPFLD. is easy to cut an incoming light in half if you sync your gauss+erppc well. and with TC5 is even easier.

#152 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:46 PM

View PostScrew, on 17 December 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

... these things should be balanced. It is not too difficult science.

Good. You should be able to bang out your proposal by the end of the weekend. PLZ post it here.

#153 JudauAshta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:46 PM

i personally find the ecm variant pretty damn good
it's a complete ninja.

#154 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:52 PM

View PostJudauAshta, on 22 December 2016 - 04:46 PM, said:

i personally find the ecm variant pretty damn good
it's a complete ninja.

yep. 2gauss, ecm, the epic marauder durability, a lot of tonnage to play with. i do even love my 2UAC10 4ASRM6 scorch but well it's situational. while the D is comfortable in any map.

#155 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 22 December 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

I don't know how anyone can make cERLLas work. Their burn time makes them worthless for me. Even the dumbest pilots I run into can spread the damage from it, and unlike PPCs, you have to stare with them, while broadcasting your position to the enemy team.

#156 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:29 PM

View PostMole, on 22 December 2016 - 04:38 PM, said:

Been on the receiving end of that myself, it ain't fun. But nobody ever said "Cyclops OP". Know why? Because it's not clan.

Because it's only dangerous at 297 meters.

#157 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:30 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 22 December 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

I don't know how anyone can make cERLLas work. Their burn time makes them worthless for me. Even the dumbest pilots I run into can spread the damage from it, and unlike PPCs, you have to stare with them, while broadcasting your position to the enemy team.

I hear they're good in FP on maps like Boreal where a lot of long distance trading takes place. Me though? Every time I get shot by a CERLL I like... legit laugh because I know that damage is going all over my 'mech which pretty much negates its effectiveness.

#158 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:33 PM

View PostMole, on 22 December 2016 - 05:30 PM, said:

I hear they're good in FP on maps like Boreal where a lot of long distance trading takes place. Me though? Every time I get shot by a CERLL I like... legit laugh because I know that damage is going all over my 'mech which pretty much negates its effectiveness.

Blech. FW/CW/FP. Don't play that mess. All I drop on is QP, And there? I just can't make them do anything besides make me a target.

#159 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:35 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 22 December 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

Sheer willpower to hit that ****ing side torso despite all their squirming and wiggling. >:L

#160 nitra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

View PostVan Hoven, on 22 December 2016 - 04:22 AM, said:

As was pointed out, damage transfer is a thing, a ridicoulus one if you consider that some mechs like MAD, MAD IIC and Stalker benefit from it much more then others. Also, your target had yellow center armor and internals, with around 100 armor points and 50 internals its not that impossible that you needed at least 100 damage to kill it off, without damage transfer reductions taken into account.

Also that video... whats the point of it really? 3uac2 50 ton build cant win a stare off against a kdk3? the other mechs hardly got an alpha in. I'm not saying the kdk-3 isnt a very strong mech, but that video is hardly proof of it being OP.

The Really interesting thing in the tunnel video is that 4 inner sphere mechs were in that brawl one with a tactical advantage (hidden jager trip ac5) and when the engagement was done . the only mechs left standing were 3 clan mechs.

2 kdks and a madiic
rifleman down
jager down
and a orion i belive also down.

not one survived it.

which brings me back to my initial point that inner sphere mechs can not afford facetime with the newer clan mechs kdk and madiic.
it has come to a point in the game now where a majority of the IS mechs just can not compete in direct engagements.

they can not with stand the damages being dished out these days nor can they provide adequate direct engagement fire power to shut down threats quickly. because if they could.
that enemy kdk opportunity window to shred the rifleman would have been a whole lot narrower.

same for the enemy jager he spent a whole lot of time trying to down his targets as well, leading to his demise.
that entire skirmish lasted just a lil over 1 min 30 seconds. 4 dead inner sphere mechs. the 4 all died within 1 minute.

what did it take to bring down the clan mechs ?

to kill the enemy kdk it took the following: madiic, kdk, vindicator

to kill the freindly kdk it took the following: enemy kdk, jager, grid iron, and enforcer

to kill the freindly mad iic it took the following: enemy kdk, jager, grid iron, and enforcer

thats what im demonstrating here .

As i have stated this is not just a one time thing it is what i have been noticing more and more.
inner sphere survivability has been greatly reduced to the point that it almost requires 3 mechs to take down a kdk or madiic

and if those 3 are innersphere you can almost guarantee there will only be one left standing after the engagement.

its almost self evident when you play older inner sphere mechs .

Edited by nitra, 22 December 2016 - 05:53 PM.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users