134 replies to this topic

#121 Zodie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMotherland

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:05 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 19 December 2016 - 07:01 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

• Clan Scouting Drop Deck Tonnage reduced to 50 (from 55).

Better increase IS Scout deck to 60 Posted Image

#122 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:29 AM

View PostZodie, on 22 December 2016 - 03:05 AM, said:

Better increase IS Scout deck to 60 Posted Image

Yes, because we need slower and clumsier scouts.....?

#123 CDaemon04

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:19 AM

I see an ingame hotfix for 22nd but nothing announced? A little more information pls.

Edited by CDaemon04, 22 December 2016 - 09:17 AM.

#124 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:56 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 22 December 2016 - 03:29 AM, said:

Yes, because we need slower and clumsier scouts.....?

honestly, thinking having Clanners NOT spamming Stormcrows actually made scouting a lot more fun for both sides. getting some nice variety in what's used, least from the drops I've had. actually getting to engage Vipers, Huntsmen, etc, rather than the constant "1-trick pony Crow-spam" has been extremely refreshing.

#125 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:04 AM

View Postgoatreich, on 21 December 2016 - 10:10 PM, said:

Using lore as an example of how clans should be. 10/10 solid trolling. Please share more trolling attempts!

I love the guy whining that his nova (which has crappy heat efficiency anyways) is dying to flamer mechs (which don't allow his already crappy heat efficiency to work) :P ah.. dur? that's a piloting and build problem. that ain't the mech. if you're gonna be a MechWarrior, learn to manage your heat, or don't run a hot build. the Nova's got plenty of OmniPods that AREN'T beam-spam-please-flamer-and-kill-me. fact is, Something to remind some of the whinier clan pilots about that. Clanners have better heat dissipation than IS. they do NOT, however, have better heat capacity.

you might have better range, but you can't be a trigger happy tool in a Clan laser-spam boat... not without a lot of heat sinks, anyways, and that'd cut down on your total firepower (given lack of crit slots). honestly though, just try to work on builds that fit your playstyle and WORK. the incoming piloting skills might help that even more, given the tweaks you'll be able to customize into each specific mech you own.

#126 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:14 AM

Also, for all the Stormcrow pilots whining..... please bear in mind you can still use them for NON-scouting FW drops. Crows are extraordinarily durable mediums (roughly equivalent or even exceeding IS mechs 10-15 tons heavier than them), and solid fighters, useful in any of the combat FW missions.

You can't buy an "I-win button." So don't ask for a refund. just re-think how to set up your stuff, everything's still useable, just not the way you're used to. every MMO forces their players to change with the times. the incoming changes to mech skills/quirks/etc will probably hit IS pilots a lot harder than clans, just simply because we're so used to it.

and in the end, we're all here mainly because we love blowing up giant walking war machines with other giant walking war machines.

Edited by Arkhangel, 29 December 2016 - 03:21 AM.

#127 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:25 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 29 December 2016 - 02:56 AM, said:

honestly, thinking having Clanners NOT spamming Stormcrows actually made scouting a lot more fun for both sides. getting some nice variety in what's used, least from the drops I've had. actually getting to engage Vipers, Huntsmen, etc, rather than the constant "1-trick pony Crow-spam" has been extremely refreshing.

Odd, this. I seem to recall seeing Jenner IIC and Artic Cheetahs, with a smattering of Shadowcats and the occasional Ice Ferret prior to the tonnage reduction. Still, if you are see more diversification all well and good. However, I am still seeing a super-abudence of Griffin-2Ns and Shadowhawks, with the occasional appearance of a centurion or hunchback. This limitation of chassis, especially since the IS has so many different chassis, concerns me.

#128 Vlad Striker

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 31 December 2016 - 05:28 AM

Nonsense restriction because SCR is not overpower GRF 2N or even CNT. SCR MUST overpower any light mech by tonnage and firepower.

#129 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:29 AM

View PostVlad Striker, on 31 December 2016 - 05:28 AM, said:

Nonsense restriction because SCR is not overpower GRF 2N or even CNT. SCR MUST overpower any light mech by tonnage and firepower.

The fact that scouting went to 55tons either way in the first place is pretty funny.

Now that clans have added viper and huntsman, they don't *need* SCR anymore... for those bummed that they didn't buy other lights/mediums, i dunno what to say... the game is constantly evolving and we all end up back at the drawing board at some point or another... you need to have a repetoire of mechs for fp. Period. Full stop.

#130 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:49 AM

View PostVlad Striker, on 31 December 2016 - 05:28 AM, said:

Emphasis added:

If the Stormcrow was that weak, then you lose nothing worth having by having it blocked, no?

#131 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:38 PM

View PostWence the Wanderer, on 31 December 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

Emphasis added:

If the Stormcrow was that weak, then you lose nothing worth having by having it blocked, no?

to be blunt, the fact that IS used the Mechs there as well is DUE to the over-proliferation of Stormcrows, and i am seeing people mix it up too. IS is also at least mixing three chassis (and lights like the Spider 5k are showing up quite a bit too). I've also seen a bump in Phoenix Hawk use. the point though.... is Clans were really using ONLY Stormies like 80% of the time.

Ironically not really that great for scouting either, given the lack of jump jets and not that great of speed. Granted, the Huntsman is roughly the same speed wise, but the fact it's Jump Capable makes a crapload of difference. in any event, people on both sides seem to be diversifying up a bit now.

the Quirk changes and such due soon should probably help diversify up the IS guys, given there'll be less reason to pilot a mech "for the quirks", since we'll just be able to tweak stuff to fit our playstyles anyways.

in any event, it's a good direction to be going in. the Clans're still advancing, and they should be, but it's not the flipping ridiculousness it was with the Falcons last phase.

Edited by Arkhangel, 01 January 2017 - 07:41 PM.

#132 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:49 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 01 January 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

to be blunt, the fact that IS used the Mechs there as well is DUE to the over-proliferation of Stormcrows, and i am seeing people mix it up too. IS is also at least mixing three chassis (and lights like the Spider 5k are showing up quite a bit too). I've also seen a bump in Phoenix Hawk use. the point though.... is Clans were really using ONLY Stormies like 80% of the time.

Ironically not really that great for scouting either, given the lack of jump jets and not that great of speed. Granted, the Huntsman is roughly the same speed wise, but the fact it's Jump Capable makes a crapload of difference. in any event, people on both sides seem to be diversifying up a bit now.

the Quirk changes and such due soon should probably help diversify up the IS guys, given there'll be less reason to pilot a mech "for the quirks", since we'll just be able to tweak stuff to fit our playstyles anyways.

in any event, it's a good direction to be going in. the Clans're still advancing, and they should be, but it's not the flipping ridiculousness it was with the Falcons last phase.

I've probably only played 40 scout matches over the last three months, but I can't pretend I saw an over proliferation of SCR's - Nova's easily outnumbered them in the matches I played, with the rest in Hunchbacks IICs, Huntsman's and Stormcrow's.

Edited by Aramuside, 03 January 2017 - 03:52 AM.

#133 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:06 AM

But most nova builds require 2-3 buttons to avoid blowingoneself up... this is hard! ;)

#134 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:58 AM

Seems fairly clear why they reduced the tonnage to 50, but still some people don't get it.

Stormcrow was of course the issue, due to it's speed and not it's load out.

Most good Clan players had already dropped it in favour of the HunchbackIIC for missile builds, and most good I.S players preferred to meet the weak legged crow because they can shoot straight.

In Puglandia though the crow was a balance issue, so the tonnage was dropped so it couldn't be fielded

#135 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:45 AM

well, that and it easily erased IS lights, kinda give and take, really. important thing, as i said, though, is we're seeing a lot more variety since the change. I mean, the Huntsman can STILL erase lights, but it's gotta catch them first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users