82 replies to this topic

#41 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:08 PM

Though the artist hosed up the Jade Falcon, Ghost Bear, and Smoke Jaguar designs I'm willing to forgive it and get the Atlas statue and Clans Jade Falcon, Ghost Bear, Wolf, Nova Cat and Draconis Combine hooded T's as long as they are made in the US.

If they are not made in the US I'll just get one hooded T.

But if they are made in China I won't buy any.

I am officially tired of buying cheaply because it results in living poorly.
Time for me at least to make a change.

#42 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:37 AM

View PostMrKvola, on 22 December 2016 - 02:15 AM, said:

I'd say it is not present because in the timeline setting for the Battletech game there really was no FRR yet...

http://www.sarna.net...lhague_Republic

thats what i thought but then i saw CLAN FREAKING NOVA CAT!

and the other clans

ok now that i think about it i guess the clans did technically exist before the FRR, but still, still...

Edited by Windscape, 24 December 2016 - 03:37 AM.

#43 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:41 AM

A the current price point it's not interesting at all. Come on! 200$ for a toy...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#44 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:16 PM

View PostStar Commander Horse, on 23 December 2016 - 08:08 PM, said:

Though the artist hosed up the Jade Falcon, Ghost Bear, and Smoke Jaguar designs I'm willing to forgive it and get the Atlas statue and Clans Jade Falcon, Ghost Bear, Wolf, Nova Cat and Draconis Combine hooded T's as long as they are made in the US.

If they are not made in the US I'll just get one hooded T.

But if they are made in China I won't buy any.

I am officially tired of buying cheaply because it results in living poorly.
Time for me at least to make a change.

I'm slightly confused .... is this America place a suburb of Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan? ;)

PS: Mind keeping your politics out of the main forums pretty please as quite a lot of us aren't Americans?

#45 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 25 December 2016 - 06:35 AM

View PostR79TCom1 Night Lanner, on 23 December 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

I agree. The Jade Falcon looks like some kind of weird parakeet.

Yup. I was all set for two banners and two hoodies, despite not owning/wearing hoodies, but the more I looked at the logo changes... I mean, Smoke Jaguar is a Haunter Pokemon now.

Still, I certainly hope they succeed. Perhaps if the Atlas goes over well, we can get a Timber Wolf next. And hopefully if the Clan banner sets fail to meet their minimums, they try again with the original logos (or at least logos only "modernized" to the degree that was done to the House logos) rather than writing them off entirely.

#46 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 09:28 AM

In for two hoodies, I actually like the new CGB design, so one of those and the Atlas head. Big winner for me is that they come in gamer sizes, up to freaking 5X, most sites stop around 2X.

Not really feeling up to dropping a dime on less practical items at the moment.

#47 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 09:43 AM

Got to agree with the clan 3/5 of the clan logos looking pretty sad. Worst offender by far is smoke jag then the falcons. I love the modernized mech designs and am open to new emblems... but especially these two designs just don't seem "clan-ish"

#48 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 25 December 2016 - 09:45 AM

BWA-HAHA-HAHA-HAAAA. NO! 4x2 foot doth NOT a banner make, just a little larger then poster size, NO SALE!

#49 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 25 December 2016 - 12:41 PM

View PostYakkSlapper, on 25 December 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

BWA-HAHA-HAHA-HAAAA. NO! 4x2 foot doth NOT a banner make, just a little larger then poster size, NO SALE!

It's roughly half the height of a standard house room and perfectly fine size wise, I found the quality very weak though.

The badges were very well made, though the hats one was crooked and stitched into the fabric, rather than a badge stitched onto the fabric, so impossible to correct, and the banner hung very poorly.

As incentives as part of the backer kit I had no issues with them, because that's not really why you should be backing something, but paying out $85 plus over seas shipping just wasn't worth the risk, that they might also be as poor.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have priced themselves out, and none of these targets get reached, but they might, as usually the advertised numbers are not the critical numbers, and if they make about 80% of the target, they'll probably be shipped, with the target bar being fudged in the last week, so not yet time to worry for those people that really want them and can afford them.

#50 Metalcell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 104 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 December 2016 - 10:36 PM

I don't know guys this minimum order looks a little to high. :(

#51 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 25 December 2016 - 10:47 PM

View PostMetalcell, on 25 December 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

I don't know guys this minimum order looks a little to high. Posted Image

tell me about. And the prices are a bit steep. If they lowered the prices on the banners and T-shirts, they'll get a better response towards their goals. As it stands now. . . nothing is going to get made. Ever!

#52 Spurowny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:09 AM

i really want a Kurita hoody, but I expect all I'll get is my money back.

#53 WildeKarde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:22 AM

I think they'll be a tad too pricey to order to the UK. We get taxed at 20% of the total cost of the item plus postage and then what would be another $15 charge on top just for import tax being due on the item by the post office.

That mean something at $100 to post ends up costing $135 .... just not worth it.

#54 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:42 AM

View PostWildeKarde, on 26 December 2016 - 07:22 AM, said:

I think they'll be a tad too pricey to order to the UK. We get taxed at 20% of the total cost of the item plus postage and then what would be another $15 charge on top just for import tax being due on the item by the post office.

That mean something at $100 to post ends up costing $135 .... just not worth it.

Are they actually charging that in the sale price though as they're not European based as far as I know? They're selling goods not services. Import duty sure we could get clobbered for that.

#55 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:44 PM

View PostAramuside, on 26 December 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

Are they actually charging that in the sale price though as they're not European based as far as I know? They're selling goods not services. Import duty sure we could get clobbered for that.

when I backed I didn't get a customs fee, as it was covered with package and posting, I'd be surprised if people got clobbered with extra import duty for the banners and hoodie, I'm not even going to attempt to guess at the Atlas duty.

Of course Brexit killed the favourable dollar- sterling rate,

Edited by Cathy, 26 December 2016 - 01:49 PM.

#56 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:34 PM

View PostAramuside, on 24 December 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

I'm slightly confused .... is this America place a suburb of Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan? Posted Image
PS: Mind keeping your politics out of the main forums pretty please as quite a lot of us aren't Americans?

Aramuside, that you assume all people in Japan are Japanese is ignorant but forgivable ;)

TBH I really want to buy BattleTech Crowd-funded Merchandize (and it will be a large order) as long as the items are produced anywhere but China.

I wish I could apologize for "being political" but ...I cannot: From where I sit and see on the news almost daily the buildup of the Chinese military I cannot in good conscious buy anything else made in that country because it is funding their military.

As a "family man" this concerns me to the point where I will not only quietly vote with my wallet by buying goods from elsewhere, but I will also not-so-quietly encourage others to buy goods first "made in their own country," and then goods made anywhere but China.

If you don't agree, that's alright. But I will not censor my opinion to appease your sensibilities. Hope you understand.

#57 SQW

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:05 PM

View PostMetalcell, on 25 December 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

I don't know guys this minimum order looks a little to high. Posted Image

It's because most textile factories have a min order quantity usually in the thousand range. T-shirts are a bit easy since there's no stitching involved in adding emblems on plains which is why it's much more popular as a merch option.
It's a shame affordably 3D printing hasn't reached the quality of resin cast models yet cause I really like an Atlas but $200 + shipping is ridiculous - not to mention I highly doubt it'll reach the min. order.

#58 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:36 AM

Big wink...

no FRR Stuff...

bigger wink...

no thanks

#59 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:37 AM

Ordered 7 hooded T's and I think I'll end up ordering another two or three more.
Mostly Clans but also got the Draconis Combine ;)

#60 Bloody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 569 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:56 PM

View PostGalenthor Kerensky, on 21 December 2016 - 08:11 PM, said:

my concern is the shirt sizing... i have a 60 inch chest, and I usually wear 2xl or 3xl, yet their sheet is saying that a 3xl is 49.5 inches... huh??

err Arnold Schwarzenegger had a 59.5 inch chest when he competed as Mr Olympia... so what you are saying is that you are larger than him? Are you sure...

am tempted but at $35 a pop for the tshirts i am gonna go No, i will just send the design to the folk at redbubble or teespring and get them to do it for 1/2 the price..

Edited by Bloody, 29 December 2016 - 03:59 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users