Explain Why

35 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:00 PM

Explain why whenever i am forced to do a conquest match, every last one of the tier 1 players are on the opposing side and the game mode is impossible to win? The only reason i play then is because if i dont pgi in their infinite wisdom forces you to play or be banned. In every case the game is always a loss and NO pipqsqueak bonus is worth going into a battle knowing you will lose. If PGI really cared they would fix the match maker and ban the tier ones from playing with anyone lower than tier 2. I would like for the replies to be polite and cordial not the usual get gud bs. Its hard to get good when you are getting trashed in every game.

#2 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:09 PM

Despite your hyperbole you will have as much chance to win or lose as any other random team really.
I bet if you show me your stats for that mode you will have won Conquest games too.
Speak and tell your team to play it like any other mode, kill the enemies and then go for caps, barring the light or two to keep caps relatively even untill that point.

#3 Draq Creage

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 14 posts
  • Locationwi

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:14 PM

gud get

#4 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:17 PM

It's "git gud", not "get gud". Gosh, git gud and get it right!

The solution is to play moar Conquest matches so the statistics even out. That, or examine yourself for confirmation bias.

#5 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:17 PM

Douglas, you're just too skilled dude. That's why you're thrown into high tier matches! Plus, most Tier 1 players are obvious hackers too. I've seen it myself.

#6 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:18 PM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 21 December 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

If PGI really cared they would fix the match maker and ban the tier ones from playing with anyone lower than tier 2.

The potatoe lottery goes both ways. But you're on the right track with your above statement, only we need a PSR that doesn't trend upwards, only 3 tiers, and an even division of players among those tiers. middle of the road players (tier 3) shouldn't be agianst noobs in one match, and super l33t in the next. If it's going to be tier 1-2 matches, just consolidate things, we don't have enough players for 5 tiers.

#7 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:28 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 21 December 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

Despite your hyperbole you will have as much chance to win or lose as any other random team really.
I bet if you show me your stats for that mode you will have won Conquest games too.
Speak and tell your team to play it like any other mode, kill the enemies and then go for caps, barring the light or two to keep caps relatively even untill that point.

My stats for that mode is about a 1% win rate and its why i hate the F**&T&^^)*( mode so much. I even have more wins in canyon than i do with conquest and canyon is a crappy map.

#8 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

Canyon is arguably the best map in the game.

What are the 'Mechs you are trying to play and what do you have on them? I bet we can find a problem elsewhere.

#9 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:40 PM

I'm sure we can find a more relevant common denominator.
0.98 0.58 153

There are people who are more than willing to help coach folks on simple tactics for puglandia, how to maintain situational awareness, to help optimize builds (even for those players who prefer to play frankenmechs or lore-related builds) etc etc.

Are you playing nothing but conquest? I doubt that.

What's your playstyle, what do you do when the match starts (be honest)? Might be some opportunities here to get better with an honest self-assessment.

#10 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:53 PM

I have played everything from lrm boats to streak boats to laser vomits and dakka build and for the most part i use mete mech as a guide to the builds. I prefer medium mechs bec of the overall speed and agility that they possess. most of the time i will stay with the group and , i prefer to snipe although i can mix it up. In the past i had a major FPS issue and on a couple maps i still do. I play almost all the other modes in preference than conquest but when i do play conquest, its because its forced on me bec of someone dropping a stack on it. I have done more damage and usefulness by charging straight into the enemy with OR on than trying anything else. Besides as snake noted (even though he was being sarcastic) there is alot of hacking going on.and nothing seems to getting done on that end.

View PostYeonne Greene, on 21 December 2016 - 08:30 PM, said:

Canyon is arguably the best map in the game.

What are the 'Mechs you are trying to play and what do you have on them? I bet we can find a problem elsewhere.

Conquest is the worst map bar none IMO. My fav is frozen city or grim

#11 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:57 PM

I have seen nothing suspicious in the last, oh, 18 months of playtime? And I'm just guessing, it might be longer. Don't be that guy and throw around hackusations without hard evidence.

More likely is you are playing either too conservatively when sniping or too aggressively when doing anything else. Are you staring at targets or are you torso twisting to spread damage? Are you peeking solo or are you doing it when others are doing it? Are you planting yourself to fire or are you staying in motion?

Builds on MetaMechs are usually very specialized. If you don't understand how to play them the certain, specific way they are intended, you will generally have a bad time.

#12 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:00 PM

Again....with 561 games played thus far, there are other indicators you should probably consider than the PSR is out to get you or there is rampant hacking going on. Some not-so-insignificant information already quite notable just from looking you up on the board.

#13 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:02 PM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 21 December 2016 - 08:51 PM, said:

I have played everything from lrm boats to streak boats to laser vomits and dakka build and for the most part i use mete mech as a guide to the builds. I prefer medium mechs bec of the overall speed and agility that they possess. most of the time i will stay with the group and , i prefer to snipe although i can mix it up. In the past i had a major FPS issue and on a couple maps i still do. I play almost all the other modes in preference than conquest but when i do play conquest, its because its forced on me bec of someone dropping a stack on it. I have done more damage and usefulness by charging straight into the enemy with OR on than trying anything else. Besides as snake noted (even though he was being sarcastic) there is alot of hacking going on.and nothing seems to getting done on that end.

Doug, Metamechs isn't and shouldn't be held up as the bible of MWO. It's a useful tool to figuring proper or useful builds on the fly if you aren't familiar with a certain chassis type, other than that, the meta in this game is pretty straightforward. Some Mechs can run meta, some can't.

While I agree that the PSR system is rather inefficient, and I find myself thrown into matches with lower tiered people quite often, you can't blame your own team, gamemode, or map for every loss in quickplay. Everyone has been the victim of being rolled, some more so than others. The system isn't out to single you out and purposely place you on a team set to fail. It all comes down to coordination and team effort. With that said, there's no definitive way to figure out who's in Tier 1 and who isn't. Many people are lower tiered but are highly skilled, for the simple reason that they don't play quickplay and stick with faction warfare.

Complaining of blatant hacking won't help your case either.

Edited by SoloidSnake, 23 December 2016 - 01:16 PM.

#14 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:05 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 21 December 2016 - 08:57 PM, said:

Don't be that guy and throw around hackusations without hard evidence.

Are you kidding me? OP is that guy, even more so then that other guy people think of in this context.

I'm just shocked that, for once, the starting point was a hacking accusation against the MM instead of the players. At least at the start, anyway.

#15 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:16 PM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 21 December 2016 - 08:53 PM, said:

Conquest is the worst map bar none IMO. My fav is frozen city or grim

Bet you are the guy who always votes for Frozen and Grim Domination mode. Grim is the crappy map, not Canyon. ;)

#16 Shiroi Tsuki

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationCosplaying Ruby from Rwby in Aiur, Auckland, GA America, Interior Union, Mar Sara and Remnant

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:22 PM

1. Does anyone even realize that you earn more C-Bills by playing conquest?
2. If you're playing Conquest as Skirmish but with 5 bases, then you're doing it wrong
3. Do you TRY to actively communicate with your team, or do you just expect that everyone is one with the Khala and automatically assume can read each other's minds?
4. What builds do you typically go for?
5. How do you play conquest and what are your strategies?

#17 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:33 PM

I wouldn't mind it if only t1's could play with t2's, but you know, buckets.

#18 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:19 PM

I vote Conquest because it pays more. And the battles tend to be more interesting.

I vote against Domination because it's a crap imbalanced mode on several maps.

Edited by Appogee, 21 December 2016 - 11:20 PM.

#19 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:31 PM

How do you know the tier numbers of the people you're playing with/against?

#20 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:34 PM

View PostNRP, on 21 December 2016 - 11:31 PM, said:

How do you know the tier numbers of the people you're playing with/against?

If they're outperforming you, or hitting you with weapons, or have the audacity to not die after two poorly aimed salvos, they're obviously Tier 1 players with their cheats enabled.

Less sarcastically, the only way you can really tell is on the forums, if they have the tag enabled.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users