#21 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:51 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 19 February 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

I love how I'm so popular that all the Tiertards race to violate the CoC at every opportunity.

Um, it's not a violation when you're trying to suggest a terrible build that doesn't help anyone that wants to get better at the game.

#22 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

And backing it up with your stats to prove a point, and then others come out with their markedly better stats - to prove theirs.

Against the CoC. LOL. What?

#23 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:15 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 19 February 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

And backing it up with your stats to prove a point, and then others come out with their markedly better stats - to prove theirs.

He has a man crush on another forumite and is trying to speak the same as him, seems to be working well so far.

#24 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 19 February 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

Yes, I posted my stats to prove my counterpoint to a claim that no amount of skill could make a mixed BLR-2C build effective, as apparently I have the skill to do just that. And just because I'm only in the 1+ W/L & K/D ratios on it as a solo vs what others can do with a group queue carrying them does not mean its not an effective way to play the mech. Not every player has to bring out a total meta build to have fun and help his/her team win. But apparently rather than simply say "i disagree and this is what I'd use instead", a number of you would rather insult me while waging your T1 tails and deride my stats and my builds and champion submissions... in a thread that magically got a reply six weeks after the discussion (which was about as the title says, an awesome vs a battlemaster) had ended and suddenly the same usual suspects all arrived in to post insults and like each other's posts of those insults.

Perhaps you should re-read it then.
  • Causing disturbances, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that derail a discussion, or insulting other individuals.
  • Communicating non-constructive comments.

Edited by Dee Eight, 19 February 2017 - 08:13 PM.

#25 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:18 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 19 February 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

Yes, I posted my stats to prove my counterpoint to a claim that no amount of skill could make a mixed BLR-2C build effective, as apparently I have the skill to do just that.

lol

And just because I'm only in the 1+ W/L & K/D ratios on it as a solo vs what others can do with a group queue carrying them does not mean its not an effective way to play the mech.

You do realize that group queue exposes a lot of bad builds and habits in the solo queue? It happens all the time.

Not every player has to bring out a total meta build to have fun and help his/her team win. But apparently rather than simply say "i disagree and this is what I'd use instead", a number of you would rather insult me while waging your T1 tails and deride my stats and my builds and champion submissions... in a thread that magically got a reply six weeks after the discussion (which was about as the title says, an awesome vs a battlemaster) had ended and suddenly the same usual suspects all arrived in to post insults and like each other's posts of those insults.

Giving people the worst tools to succeed doesn't help them.

#26 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:20 PM

Blah blah blah

Posted Image

#27 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

Lol.

Posting stats & facts is now causing disturbance. The only thing it does is let others know one can be capable off with good builds vs bad ones.
But that seems to upset people around here sometimes as they don't often like factual based discussions. They'd rather live in some fantasy role-playing world. I hear WoW is better for it.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 19 February 2017 - 08:24 PM.

#28 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

And just because I'm only in the 1+ W/L & K/D ratios on it as a solo vs what others can do with a group queue carrying them does not mean its not an effective way to play the mech.

I think you have it confused about group queue. When you're in the assault, you're not having others carry you, you're the one doing the carrying:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edit: Since you were talking about having to do it in Solo queue, I found a screen from a solo queue game as well:
Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 19 February 2017 - 08:43 PM.

#29 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:42 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 19 February 2017 - 08:38 PM, said:

I think you have it confused about group queue. When you're in the assault, you're not having others carry you, you're the one doing the carrying:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

No no no.

You're supposed to be doing sub-100 damage in an Assault because everyone else is required to carry your sorry arse.

That's how the group queue is supposed to work!

Edited by Deathlike, 19 February 2017 - 08:43 PM.

#30 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:47 PM

Lol you have players with avg match score of 150, vs players with an avg of 350+, and the 150 match score player says the 350 players need carrying?

How the facts are even being questioned here, I dunno.

#31 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:05 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 19 February 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

Lol you have players with avg match score of 150, vs players with an avg of 350+, and the 150 match score player says the 350 players need carrying?

How the facts are even being questioned here, I dunno.

Potato's are gonna potato.

#32 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:33 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 19 February 2017 - 08:38 PM, said:

I think you have it confused about group queue. When you're in the assault, you're not having others carry you, you're the one doing the carrying:Posted Image

As said to me when I post such screen caps... "cherry picked results aren't proof". I took my BLR-2C out tonight for a half dozen matches, The lowest was 305 damage, three of them were 800+ damage.

Edited by Dee Eight, 19 February 2017 - 09:34 PM.

#33 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:46 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 19 February 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

As said to me when I post such screen caps... "cherry picked results aren't proof". I took my BLR-2C out tonight for a half dozen matches, The lowest was 305 damage, three of them were 800+ damage.

Thats cause you have such low average match score which makes people skeptical when you say you get 800+ damage matches all the time. I did notice your average match score has gone up by 1 since I posted your stats earlier so its possible that you did get 3 matches with 800 damage but there must have been a few which were well under 200 damage as your average match score on the leader boards has not gone up by much.

#34 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:48 PM

Thing is, they are the norm numbers for decent pilots that consistently perform well (150-180 match score average, is, just average).

#35 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:33 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 19 February 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

One more time, my Battlemaster 2c stats:
Posted Image

My average damage per match in 545 games in the Battlemaster 2c is 639 damage. Yours based on the stats you posted is 329 damage (32,930 damage / 100 games)

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 19 February 2017 - 10:36 PM.

#36 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:36 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 19 February 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

One more time, my Battlemaster 2c stats:
Posted Image

My average damage per match in 545 games in the Battlemaster 2c is 639 damage.

I can confirm, Vex is very very good in his Battlemaster 2c, you should hear the salt in TS when he gets under 1k damage using it.

#37 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:41 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 19 February 2017 - 10:36 PM, said:

I can confirm, Vex is very very good in his Battlemaster 2c, you should hear the salt in TS when he gets under 1k damage using it.

Only in FW where less than 1K in that mech feels like I didn't get full mileage out of the Battlemaster 2c

#38 M A N T I S

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:46 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 19 February 2017 - 10:41 PM, said:

Only in FW where less than 1K in that mech feels like I didn't get full mileage out of the Battlemaster 2c

You're talking about the 5 lpl build?

#39 Orion3025

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:06 AM

Wow all these stats. You guys are OP.

#40 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:50 PM

View PostM A N T I S, on 20 February 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

You're talking about the 5 lpl build?

Yes, I often drop two 5LPL battlemasters in FW. Its a 2x Battlemaster 2c/ griffin / cicada deck. Most games I can get the 1st Battlemaster trough 1 1/2 - 2 waves and output 1k+ before dying (I see it as investing 85 tons out of your dropdeck means you should get good mileage out of it, otherwise it would be better to stack 3x70 tonners)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users