200 replies to this topic

#1 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,760 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

Having finally tested PPC nip Summoners against other mechs, it really is no contest on what mech is the best poptart. The Summoner is hands down better than both the Timby and the Night Gyr to the point that there really isn't a good counter for it without mistakes being made by that pilot. While I would love to see these pods released so PGI can get better telemetry for just how broken it is, it really needs to be reigned in because these things are ridiculously powerful with their combination of speed, high mounts, good enough JJs, and DPS.

I would've searched for the old thread about this, but the search function for this forum sucks beyond belief.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 05 January 2017 - 10:35 AM.

#2 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:39 AM

Posted Image

#3 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

What do you mean finally, have you not had it in your inventory since November?
Why take so long to come to this conclusion on the Suckoner?

Great at doing one thing. meh at everything else.

#4 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,760 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:43 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 05 January 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

What do you mean finally, have you not had it in your inventory since November?
Why take so long to come to this conclusion on the Suckoner?

Because most of us were consumed by both the WC and MRBC season 8 where it wasn't allowed (granted it won't be allowed until Octoboer 2017, but some people forgot about that).

View PostJackalBeast, on 05 January 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

Great at doing one thing. meh at everything else.

The problem is if it is too good at doing one thing, and it isn't meh at brawling either (ASRM30 and 2 Flamers is a beastly brawler).

#5 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

at least the quirks will go away soon, so let's see how it does then.

#6 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:49 AM

I just don't want the entire Suckonner nerfed because of the loyalty pod combination. The Suckonner has its name for a reason, and people keep overlooking the fact that it still deserves that name when you're not a poptarting nipple blaster.

#7 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:51 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 05 January 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

I just don't want the entire Suckonner nerfed because of the loyalty pod combination. The Suckonner has its name for a reason, and people keep overlooking the fact that it still deserves that name when you're not a poptarting nipple blaster.

...or doing SRM30 with artemis brawling..

So it has DPS sniping and brawling down... yeah, totally a one trick pony! Granted, as a brawler it is strong but not overpowered like the nipple ER PPC version. Luckily the only reason it is so strong is because of ER PPC quirks, dialing them down means it won't affect any other builds.

Alas, inb4 ignorant players come in and be all "Oh yeah 20 damage alpha from a heavy mech is NOTHING, totally useless, still sucks".

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 05 January 2017 - 10:53 AM.

#8 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:52 AM

poptarting nipple blaster.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

...Moving on, if there are any nerfs I hope they focus entirely on the ERPPC toaster pastries and not any normal person using lasers up there. The original benefit that most people wanted out of these new pods was the ability to equip two additional lightweight energy weapons (i.e. ERML or MPL) to make the most use of the gundam's limited pod space.

Edited by FupDup, 05 January 2017 - 10:54 AM.

#9 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

Do I get to say "I told you so" or is this thread sarcasm?

#10 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 05 January 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

...or doing SRM30 with artemis brawling..

So it has DPS sniping and brawling down... yeah, totally a one trick pony! Granted, as a brawler it is strong but not overpowered like the nipple ER PPC version. Luckily the only reason it is so strong is because of ER PPC quirks, dialing them down means it won't affect any other builds.

Alas, inb4 ignorant players come in and be all "Oh yeah 20 damage alpha from a heavy mech is NOTHING, totally useless, still sucks".

Honestly, the Splat Dog is a better SRM carrier IMHO. I always forget that it's even possible to load up a Suckonner as a missile boat. I still think it should be getting those damn ammo quirks finally.

View PostFupDup, on 05 January 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

...Moving on, if there are any nerfs I hope they focus entirely on the ERPPC toaster pastries and not any normal person using lasers up there. The original benefit that most people wanted out of these new pods was the ability to equip two additional lightweight energy weapons (i.e. ERML or MPL) to make the most use of the gundam's limited pod space.

Best nerf it could get to hurt the PPC poptarting without making the pods worthless, or damaging the rest of the chassis, is lowering the actual hardpoints. But that would require work, and considering our situation with the Kodiak, PGI doesn't seem that willing to do that sort of nerf.

Oh, and I should probably make this clear: I don't find any version of the Suckonner OP right now. But I do know it will get nerfed eventually, just because of the people that do complain about it. So I want it to be nerfed in a way that won't cripple the poor thing.

Edited by RestosIII, 05 January 2017 - 10:59 AM.

#11 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:00 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 05 January 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

Best nerf it could get to hurt the PPC poptarting without making the pods worthless, or damaging the rest of the chassis, is lowering the actual hardpoints. But that would require work, and considering our situation with the Kodiak, PGI doesn't seem that willing to do that sort of nerf.

But what if somebody wants to poke with ERLL/LPL or spot with TAG?

If anything would be done, I'd rather have the ERPeep quirks bumped down or having negative ERPeep quirks on these pods specifically (so you could still use the quirks if you did NOT take the energy side torso pods, thus mounting the guns in your arms).

#12 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:03 AM

Honestly, the Splat Dog is a better SRM carrier IMHO. I always forget that it's even possible to load up a Suckonner as a missile boat. I still think it should be getting those damn ammo quirks finally.

The Splat Dog is 100% inferior.

Less speed, less agility, less hitpoints, worse hitboxes, worse heat efficiency, no JJs. Yeah you get one extra 6 pack, but its not worth it at all compared to what you lose.

#13 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:04 AM

View PostFupDup, on 05 January 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

But what if somebody wants to poke with ERLL/LPL or spot with TAG?

If anything would be done, I'd rather have the ERPeep quirks bumped down or having negative ERPeep quirks on these pods specifically (so you could still use the quirks if you did NOT take the energy side torso pods, thus mounting the guns in your arms).

Oh damn. I just remembered something. I can't remember if previous games had this or not, but I vaguely remember it from somethin. Making weaponry in ST's/CT generate more heat than weaponry in the limbs, or the heat generated by said weaponry drains slower. Obviously it'd be a pain in the *** to add to the game now, so I'm not saying it should be, but that could have halped with a lot of problems that we do have in this game currently.

#14 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:04 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 05 January 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

I would've searched for the old thread about this, but the search function for this forum sucks beyond belief.

A properly-written Goggle search phrase is your friend. Posted Image

<site:mwomercs.com loyalty summoner pods>

#15 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:06 AM

I wonder if i got back a year will i find people complaining about the loyalty pods on the nova or executioner ? I did buy the NVA-D's omni pods when they became available and I'm using another of them on my NVA-BK (quad SRM6 and 2 MGs is a low heat high blast ball of fun).

#16 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,760 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:08 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 05 January 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Less speed, less agility, less hitpoints, worse hitboxes, worse heat efficiency, no JJs. Yeah you get one extra 6 pack, but its not worth it at all compared to what you lose.

Well, you don't only get one extra 6 pack, but the better convergence still doesn't make up for all the marks against it.

I just don't want the entire Suckonner nerfed because of the loyalty pod combination.

No one does, but this would be a staple of all comp teams just like the Kodiak if it were allowed in any of the comp. I just want the power to be dropped earlier than right before c-bill release.

View PostYeonne Greene, on 05 January 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

Do I get to say "I told you so" or is this thread sarcasm?

You get to say "I told you so"

After trying to beat it with the Night Gyr, Timby, and Grasshopper it really is unrivaled (though the best option is 2 PPC, 2 UAC5 Night Gyr oddly enough for me).

#17 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:10 AM

Before we nerf the Summoner we really should ask PGI to take a look at the overperforming Vindicators and Victors. They're too powerful right now with quirks! AND Machine Guns! The DPS boost has made the 6 MG spider devastatingly effective against the backs of Atlases!

#18 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:12 AM

Cant say i disagree. It is disgustingly good. You could literally remove the PPC quirks and the 2 ERPPC version would still be a decent mech considering the agility quirks and mounts.

I would personally start off by putting a +5% energy heat gen quirk (or PPC, if you dont want to nerf the laser vomit build) on the E side torsos, to cancel the CT heat gen quirk, see how that goes, to start. If its still too strong, put some negative cooldown quirks on there. - (this is designed specifically so no nerfs are placed on people who dont have the loyalty omnipods)

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 05 January 2017 - 11:13 AM.

#19 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,760 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:13 AM

For me, I don't even want PPC poptarting nerfed for the Summoner in general UNLESS it uses these pods because they just give it so much strength.

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 05 January 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

I would personally start off by putting a +5% energy heat gen quirk (or PPC, if you dont want to nerf the laser vomit build) on the E side torsos, to cancel the CT heat gen quirk, see how that goes, to start. If its still too strong, put some negative cooldown quirks on there. - (this is designed specifically so no nerfs are placed on people who dont have the loyalty omnipods)

I'd prefer a velocity nerf for the first round, then go with heat gen since it pretty much gets a free TComp MKVI thanks to those quirks.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 05 January 2017 - 11:16 AM.

#20 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:17 AM

View Postcazidin, on 05 January 2017 - 11:10 AM, said:

Before we nerf the Summoner we really should ask PGI to take a look at the overperforming Vindicators and Victors. They're too powerful right now with quirks! AND Machine Guns! The DPS boost has made the 6 MG spider devastatingly effective against the backs of Atlases!

I read/hear that often and have to ask.... WHAT SIX MACHINEGUN SPIDER !? Is this some mythical reward exclusive spider that only a few even own ? The 5k mounts a grand total of FOUR machineguns.

Edited by Dee Eight, 05 January 2017 - 11:17 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users