If You're Doing <500 Damage Soloing In Faction Play Matches, Please Reconsider Soloing In Fp

184 replies to this topic

#181 RaptorCWS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:49 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 03 February 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

I'm having issues to understand how it's even possible to get less than 500 damage with 4 mechs during 30 min matches.

You see non afk guys getting like 129 damage between all of their mechs. I can't conceive how someone isn't able to put like 2-3 alphas into an enemy mech before dying. Even for brand new players. MWO is such an easy game.

It seems almost impossible, yet it happens on a daily basis. Must be people who never played any kind of FPS in their whole life.

you see there is the weapon system called lrms. some people do not look at what the max range is. and decide to fire them either at a target that is beyond max range doing no damage. or firing them at targets in cover and after seeing that no lrms hit they keep firing at the target in cover or beyond max range. and since they dont bring any other weapons on their mechs (and if they do it is 1 medium laser or 1 small laser) they waste all of their ammo and then blame the team for not holding their locks for them.

that or face tanking with every mech and getting their ct blown out very quickly

#182 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:48 AM

A free-to-play player's ONLY method for grinding out a dropdeck is to play in CW to earn free mechbays.

#183 Acenan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 124 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:05 PM

I said when FW first came out, actually scratch that. I said when the game was in alpha it NEEDED a player vs AI tutorial. A good tutorial for totally new players to both game and universe.

Atm a new player, completely new to both the game and BT universe won't have a chance without weeks of reading and YT watching if not months.

And i don't think the majority of new players will be that dedicated, especially when they realise the grind and cost they have to go through to buy and master a mech as a new player.

Only reason i am back now, is because of the content update that is coming this year which sounded good and i have somewhat hope for it.

But i have been disappointed many times before over this game...

Edited by Acenan, 03 February 2017 - 04:06 PM.

#184 MadcatX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:49 PM

View PostAcenan, on 03 February 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

I said when FW first came out, actually scratch that. I said when the game was in alpha it NEEDED a player vs AI tutorial. A good tutorial for totally new players to both game and universe.

Atm a new player, completely new to both the game and BT universe won't have a chance without weeks of reading and YT watching if not months.

And i don't think the majority of new players will be that dedicated, especially when they realise the grind and cost they have to go through to buy and master a mech as a new player.

Only reason i am back now, is because of the content update that is coming this year which sounded good and i have somewhat hope for it.

But i have been disappointed many times before over this game...

You could give folks all the AI training in the world, they'll still form bad habits in QP. Considering the extremely low amounts of lore in MWO, someone really doesn't need to know anything about Btech to play this game. As for brand new players, we've stopped getting any noticeable amount of them for a while now, most "new" I've seen was "new to FP" back when I last played for a couple weeks after 4.1's launch.

#185 Acenan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 124 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:26 AM

View PostMadcatX, on 03 February 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

You could give folks all the AI training in the world, they'll still form bad habits in QP. Considering the extremely low amounts of lore in MWO, someone really doesn't need to know anything about Btech to play this game. As for brand new players, we've stopped getting any noticeable amount of them for a while now, most "new" I've seen was "new to FP" back when I last played for a couple weeks after 4.1's launch.

Lore wasn't the point, but more of a lack of general knowledge of how MechWarrior/BattleTech works. In the form of tactics, weapon combinations, heat, Mech damage spread, Mech roles... etc
And in MWO in particular, how to play the game modes optimally. Which all could have been learned in a good PvE tutorial...

But your right i forgot, this is MWO.. It's dying anyway, why bother..

Edited by Acenan, 04 February 2017 - 05:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users