65 replies to this topic

#61 Dex Spero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:25 PM

Starbomber my friend, if you aren’t brawling on polar highlands skirmish then you have missed out on an amazing adrenaline-rush flavoured funsicle.

The “punch’em in the face” suggestion above came from ccrider (a great guy to drop with if you get the chance). He can brawl in anything, but I see him having the most fun in the assaults and heavies. I’m on the opposite end of the spectrum. So this is how you bake a wintery peppermint flavoured polar highlands brawl pie.

Get a fast, hardhitting light or medium. Cicada 2B or X-5, PXH-2 with 6xMPL or Oxide, etc. Practice running through the trenches. Become really immature and pretend you are in a squadron of x-wing fighters from star wars, flying through the trenches on the death star (it just makes it so much more fun when you are having a stressful day). Start the match, swing out wide through the trench network, come in behind the last mech (usually a dire wolf or something slow) and rip out his back. Make the enemy assaults nervous to leave the safety of the dropzone ;)

On good days you’ll do some decent damage (I broke 900 last week in my X-5) and get some kills. On bad days you’ll temporarily disrupt the enemy’s firing line while they turn their attention on you, giving your team a chance to get in some free shots, move closer or push. Sometimes you run into the enemy medium/light doing the exact some thing and get some 1-on-1 action. In any case, good brawly fun on polar highlands is available if you have the patience to run the trenches :)

#62 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:44 PM

View PostStarbomber109, on 06 January 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

I'm mostly looking for advice. Every time I lose, I get discouraged,

How do I keep from burning out? How can you stay positive after being rolled...

Identify what exactly is fun for you. Something that you can control, ex: certain tactic, certain mech, faster mech, slower mech and so on. Write it down for periodic reminder to yourself. You will need it.

You can't control winning the game as a team, so stop equating solely winning ≠ fun. Extract fun from where you are in charge (see above) It is difficult but with practice you will get it.

And if TS has too much negativity - just shut it off for the game. Whatever...

In summary:
Take control
Know what you want
Be kind

#63 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:19 PM

This is my sure-fire way to get positive after a series of crappy invasion matches...

Get 3 friends each with PARTYBACKS!!!!, and hop in a bunch of scout missions. After 6 or 7 wins in a row you feel much better.

Even if you don't win you feel better giving the clanners the same laser vomit they give to you.

Edited by nehebkau, 14 January 2017 - 06:20 PM.

#64 Ulfgar Snorrison

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 62 posts
  • LocationStanding stoically at the longship's prow.

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:22 PM

To quote the ancient wise man Monty Python "Always look at the bright side of life..."

#65 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:48 PM

Don't think about stuff out of your control

Pretend the whining is the pita pata of rain on the windscreen of your mech

If it looks like your teams gonna lose bad, get as much damage and kills as you can as fast as you can before your team evaporates.

Having a good game on a losing team lessens the pain

#66 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 14 January 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

This is my sure-fire way to get positive after a series of crappy invasion matches...

Get 3 friends each with PARTYBACKS!!!!, and hop in a bunch of scout missions. After 6 or 7 wins in a row you feel much better.

Even if you don't win you feel better giving the clanners the same laser vomit they give to you.

That reminds me I need to make a special "FOOTBALL TEAM" unit :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users