#41 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:27 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 11 January 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

PGI has said a few times they dont want people to have the ability to see what the map is before hand because then they can take OP mechs for the map.

I kid you not, if i can find where Russ said it i will post it. He wants us to suffer in QP, he has said so himself.

They want the RANDOM in that mode because I think they actually think it works as a balancing mechanic.

Posted Image

Well yeah. I'd run nothing but cERLLAS or LRMs + NARC on polar and alpine, nothing but gauss and UAC vomit boats on maps hotter than caustic, and gauss + PPC on everything else. :)

#42 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:29 AM

Every MW game but MWO has a loadouts system. LostechTM.

#43 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:08 AM

View PostShiroi Tsuki, on 10 January 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Mkay so just a thought. Why don't we take the current CW system on over to QP?
Instead of voting, you get assigned with a specific map and mode. However, you get to choose what Mech to drop with. I'm thinking around 20 seconds, about the same time the voting process in QP takes. While I know some people have over a bajillion Mechs, and navigating through those in 20 seconds is not enough, we could add in a filter (like favorites) or just have drop decks. Also if a pilot doesn't pick a drop deck, their current selected Mech before hittign the Launch button will be their used Mech.

I feel like there would be less people getting screwed over because the popular vote decides to go for a map that completely go against their Mechs/Builds. The only problem I can think of is the overall tonnage and the 3/3/3/3 system basically thrown out of the window. It's not like the 3/3/3/3 system worked anyway

What do you guys think? Is this really dumb or is this something that could work out when done correctly?

Choosing your vehicle or character avatar after you joined in, in consideration not just of the map, but choosing to find synergy and support of your team, once you see your team's composition, is actually where other games are going now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users