• 907 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:39 PM

#22 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:05 PM

In truth there aren't all that many super units tearing it up in Faction Play. I might see EVIL once or twice a week even though I'm playing Faction Play regularly. Most of my matches I'm facing casual units and solo players. So the question is: do I play with a super-serious tier 1 faction play group turning 9/10 matches into face-rolls? Or do I drop with solos and small groups and accept those rare match ups against Tier 1 teams as lost causes?

By dropping solo, yeah WLR isn't so hot, but many of my games are competitive and fun. Like this one I just got out of.

Posted Image

It was close the entire way up, and could have gone either way. The important thing is that it was intense and hard fought by both sides. To me having lots of games like these is worth the getting stomped every once in a while.

Edited by Jman5, 10 January 2017 - 03:06 PM.

#23 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 10 January 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

Pretty sure they gave this a try and that solo queue was dry as a bone. Jump into QP for your solo yolo warrior lurm boating.

No, they split queues when NO ONE WAS PLAYING 12 MAN MODE because they had just added a brand spanking new shiny toy to the game evereyone wanted to play with called scouting mode, so a few DAYS after launching scout mode russ remereged the 12 man drop queues because "no solo players wanted it" ................... obviously, wuldnt be the new toy that was being played instead would it??? noooo

#24 Herpes Type 9

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

this is EVIL's goal to beat a multiplayer game.

#25 Tempest Omega

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 41 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:02 PM

View PostWindscape, on 10 January 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

I know teamwork is op, but the only time i ever have a chance with them is if im with other rly good units, like MJ12 and ISEN. EVIL does seem a bit fishy to me though.

I don't mind finding myself matched up against EVIL (and other top units) in matches. Why? Because it gives me a chance to get better. Sometimes it is just observing what they did or pushing myself to react quicker if I want to get a cookie...I mean kill.

Sometimes I drop alone, sometimes with a partial unit drop and sometimes with a full unit. Sometimes I get stomped and sometimes I am on the stomping team. Sometimes I am on a team that looses that should not have, it's all good.

My unit was IS for the four weeks until just a few days ago when we made our regular switch to Clan. When I was IS I saw EVIL every now and then on CLAN and when we switched to CLAN now I see EVIL on IS (are they out to get me? Why me? What threat do they perceive me to be? Do my mechs make a better sound when they get destroyed then other mechs? lol). I solo dropped many pug matches on IS and my W/L showed it.

Is FW in a better place now? Yes.

Is FW in a good place now? No.

PGI has some work to do to even out where the best players play and drop ship tonnage is not the answer.

Is EVIL fishy? If the question is are they fishermen, well I don't know as this game has no smell component to it and I have never heard them talk about the catch of the day. If you mean should they be stomping others in FW play due to tactics and teamwork, well the answer is yes because that is the end result you look for in tactics and teamwork.

#26 S c a r l e t

• PipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:06 PM

This is cute.

Edited by Bitchin Betty in MJ12 is Ready, 10 January 2017 - 04:06 PM.

#27 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:14 PM

Can we drop this thread? too much to ask I think not

#28 Herpes Type 9

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:21 PM

Once the ques are dead perma dead then EVIL has won THE GAME.

#29 exiledangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Locationhalifax ns canada

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:23 PM

evil is not ruining the game they just set the standard extremely high when they work as a team but there not invisible even the best units screw up from time to time.

#30 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:33 PM

View Postexiledangel, on 10 January 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

evil is not ruining the game they just set the standard extremely high when they work as a team but there not invisible even the best units screw up from time to time.

I should hope they're not invisible! That'd mean they were cheating or not really there or something even more sinister!

#31 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

View PostTempest Omega, on 10 January 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

I don't mind finding myself matched up against EVIL (and other top units) in matches. Why? Because it gives me a chance to get better. Sometimes it is just observing what they did or pushing myself to react quicker if I want to get a cookie...I mean kill.

Sometimes I drop alone, sometimes with a partial unit drop and sometimes with a full unit. Sometimes I get stomped and sometimes I am on the stomping team. Sometimes I am on a team that looses that should not have, it's all good.

My unit was IS for the four weeks until just a few days ago when we made our regular switch to Clan. When I was IS I saw EVIL every now and then on CLAN and when we switched to CLAN now I see EVIL on IS (are they out to get me? Why me? What threat do they perceive me to be? Do my mechs make a better sound when they get destroyed then other mechs? lol). I solo dropped many pug matches on IS and my W/L showed it.

Is FW in a better place now? Yes.

Is FW in a good place now? No.

PGI has some work to do to even out where the best players play and drop ship tonnage is not the answer.

Is EVIL fishy? If the question is are they fishermen, well I don't know as this game has no smell component to it and I have never heard them talk about the catch of the day. If you mean should they be stomping others in FW play due to tactics and teamwork, well the answer is yes because that is the end result you look for in tactics and teamwork.

You dont need to tell me that. I know you get better from losing in faction play. And i know that evil uses tactics and teamwork, but it seems a little suspicious when im with good players who also are using teamwork and we still get our butts kicked. Honestly though, the fact that i said evil is fishy is really just a hunch, and doesn't need to be taken to seriously. I could be completely wrong.

I do get what you are saying though.

#32 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

All I am hearing is EVIL is the new MercStar...

Edited by AnimeFreak40K, 10 January 2017 - 07:32 PM.

#33 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:32 PM

People who think they're entitled to a win is what is ruining faction play

#34 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:34 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 10 January 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

People who think they're entitled to a win is what is ruining faction play

They got to earn that win. Which is a foreign concept to some people.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 10 January 2017 - 07:35 PM.

#35 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:17 PM

I guess you could say that they're pretty... Evil, no?

#36 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:19 PM

View PostBrenden, on 10 January 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

I guess you could say that they're pretty... Evil, no?

I will give you some points for that. Good on you

#37 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:27 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 10 January 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

I will give you some points for that. Good on you

I'm surprised no one else made that joke.

#38 Positive Mental Attitude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWAYup

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:29 PM

View PostAnimeFreak40K, on 10 January 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

All I am hearing is EVIL is the new MercStar...

ew

#39 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:55 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 10 January 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

I'm sure we have to have the obligatory "large or good unit is OP" thread because "reasons".

Teamwork is soooo OP, it must not be allowed! Break down every OP unit, because they know how to play the game! Casual units are teh masses and we must cater to them!

The mode was designed for competitive group play. So we can't complain about the best competitive group winning it.

We could however match groups against groups, and perhaps also find a way to stop unskilled and unqualified soloists being matched against skilled players and large groups.

I'd be fine if it takes longer to get a match, if it guarantees a match where I and experienced players won't have to try to carry a lance of completely unqualified noobs.

#40 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:56 PM

Non-invasion game modes are ruining FP, if you ask me. At least we know the tactics for invasion and what to expect. No one among IS PUGs and semi-PUGs seems to know what the hell to do in assault/domination/conquest. People (including me) play it as if it's regular quickplay with four respawns, and end up losing hard more often than not. Not to mention these modes is where clans really can use their range advantage (the walls on HPG Manifold shouldn't be accessible to mechs, for crying out loud!).

Edited by DavidStarr, 11 January 2017 - 12:56 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users