40 replies to this topic

#21 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:40 PM

Only MechWarrior 3 got it right. . . .MechWarrior 4, just messed it all the hell up. Now, it has returned with the help of Alex Iglesias and PGI, it's going to rock and roll.

#22 S3dition

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:27 AM

As promised, Purchased the maximum pack for the Bushwacker. Model stands a little higher than I would have liked, but still love the design. Counting the days for its release.

Edited by S3dition, 16 January 2017 - 02:20 AM.

#23 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:29 AM

View PostSidefire, on 13 January 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

High-mount, long range ballistic boat Meta Crutch tryhard...

>:-(

#24 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:41 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 16 January 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

High-mount, long range ballistic boat Meta Crutch tryhard...

>:-(

Come on. We all know skill is overrated. Posted Image

Edited by Uncle Totty, 16 January 2017 - 11:42 AM.

#25 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:01 PM

Dont get me wrong , its a really cool Mech, but still just an other Mech.

#26 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:03 PM

View PostSidefire, on 13 January 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

Soon we get a Leclerc MBT ?

Edited by Dee Eight, 16 January 2017 - 01:03 PM.

#27 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:07 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 16 January 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

Soon we get a Leclerc MBT ?

Heavy Rifles get a -3 damage modifier when used against Mech Armor...
You'd probably be better off with a GAU8A Avenger mounted on a tracked chassis, as that would qualify as an Autocannon and not suffer any penalties.

#28 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:31 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 16 January 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

Heavy Rifles get a -3 damage modifier when used against Mech Armor...
You'd probably be better off with a GAU8A Avenger mounted on a tracked chassis, as that would qualify as an Autocannon and not suffer any penalties.

Considering the Leclerc has a 120mm smoothbore with an autoloader... I'd consider that an Autocannon... not a heavy rifle. Rifles were a lame attempt by some minor FASA writer to meet a deadline for a new supplement that needed "new" weapons and equipment in it. Catalyst in fact dropped them from the game when they published the CBT Tech Manual. Other things dropped as official by Catalyst included the Hyper-Velocity AC and Caseless AC, Laser anti-missile system, Glazed and Blazer armor, and other items. While Mech-Mortars as originally published were dropped, mortars were kept as infantry and battle armor equipment, as were recoilless rifles.

#29 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:41 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 16 January 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

Considering the Leclerc has a 120mm smoothbore with an autoloader... I'd consider that an Autocannon... not a heavy rifle. Rifles were a lame attempt by some minor FASA writer to meet a deadline for a new supplement that needed "new" weapons and equipment in it. Catalyst in fact dropped them from the game when they published the CBT Tech Manual. Other things dropped as official by Catalyst included the Hyper-Velocity AC and Caseless AC, Laser anti-missile system, Glazed and Blazer armor, and other items. While Mech-Mortars as originally published were dropped, mortars were kept as infantry and battle armor equipment, as were recoilless rifles.

Whaaaat? The HVAC is gone? But I like those......

#30 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:41 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 16 January 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

I thought lore clearly stated that rapid-fire autocannon (note Rapid) is better for steadily removing ablative armor than single solid slugs. Remember the Mackie's trial test run? Those Futuristic tanks fired massive slugs from 120-140mm barrels, and they bounced off the Machine's diamond-impregnated armor.

Nope, modern tanks would be sporting Heavy Rifles since there's no way they would even meet the performance of the tanks faced by Mackie.

It's actually a key factor in explaining the effective damage and ranges of BT Autocannons. If single slugs worked in the BT universe, then the AC/20 would be both the most powerful AND the longest ranged AC.

Instead, BT has burst-fire ACs and their damage and range are INVERSELY proportional because the size of the burst determines the damage output and the recoil generated by the burst (the effective blooming) determines effective range.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 16 January 2017 - 01:43 PM.

#31 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:43 PM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 15 January 2017 - 11:28 PM, said:

I could nitpick things like the chunkiness of the torso and the strange shape of the side torso "cheeks", but the biggest issue I see with this is the need to fix the right arm ballistic mount. It's too low from both a Btech lore and gameplay viability perspective. There's no good reason to have it so low slung, when it should really be more in the "thumb" position on that claw hand.

It really should. Or, if they can't do that, go the MW4 route and put it where the hand is. I'd prefer it to be at the top of that thing it's at the bottom of right now, but I'll take MW4 Bushwacker if it means decently mounted AC10.

#32 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:51 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 16 January 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

I thought lore clearly stated that rapid-fire autocannon (note Rapid) is better for steadily removing ablative armor than single solid slugs. Remember the Mackie's trial test run? Those Futuristic tanks fired massive slugs from 120-140mm barrels, and they bounced off the Machine's diamond-impregnated armor.

Nope, modern tanks would be sporting Heavy Rifles since there's no way they would even meet the performance of the tanks faced by Mackie.

It's actually a key factor in explaining the effective damage and ranges of BT Autocannons. If single slugs worked in the BT universe, then the AC/20 would be both the most powerful AND the longest ranged AC.

Instead, BT has burst-fire ACs and their damage and range are INVERSELY proportional because the size of the burst determines the damage output and the recoil generated by the burst (the effective blooming) determines effective range.

I thought it was because Rifles were too heavy compared to an autocannon, which could carry more ammo and make use of more specialized ammo as well. Heavy and Medium rifles can damage mechs. Light rifles can't. According to Sarna, a Heavy rifle does 9 damage and weighs 8 tons, which makes it better than an AC5 until you consider that it only carries 6 shots per ton.

#33 Greenburg Godzillas

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:41 AM

{Considering the Leclerc has a 120mm smoothbore with an autoloader... I'd consider that an Autocannon... not a heavy rifle. Rifles were a lame attempt by some minor FASA writer to meet a deadline for a new supplement that needed "new" weapons and equipment in it. Catalyst in fact dropped them from the game when they published the CBT Tech Manual. Other things dropped as official by Catalyst included the Hyper-Velocity AC and Caseless AC, Laser anti-missile system, Glazed and Blazer armor, and other items. While Mech-Mortars as originally published were dropped, mortars were kept as infantry and battle armor equipment, as were recoilless rifles.}

No... My Blue Shield.......

#34 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:19 PM

Seven days! (So... Where is the countdown?)

#35 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:16 PM

Adorable, PGI crutching Frontier's slogan as a headline

#36 Duke78

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBremen - Germany

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:24 AM

With the autocannon attached this right arm seems to be shouting "hit me here". Well I won´t panic and see how it performs when it´s launched.

#37 drachnien

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:55 AM

View PostM A S E, on 17 January 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

Adorable, PGI crutching Frontier's slogan as a headline

No idea what frontier is (do you mean the guys who make the rollercoaster games?) but the phrase "blaze a trail" dates back to the 1800's

#38 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:37 AM

http://cfw.sarna.net...=20100214153925

Ballistic on the arm's actually right where it's supposed to be.

Edited by Arkhangel, 19 January 2017 - 07:37 AM.

#39 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:43 AM

there was going to be a 10 day countdown but it got bushwhacked.

#40 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:46 AM

View PostTanar, on 19 January 2017 - 07:43 AM, said:

there was going to be a 10 day countdown but it got bushwhacked.

only a matter of time before someone made that joke ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users