#1 JudauAshta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:29 PM

with the January road map

https://mwomercs.com...february-beyond

it said one of the new clan mechs will feature future tech, do you think it's gonna be blood asp??

as much as i love blood asp, i really hope it comes after mad cak mk2.

otherwise mad cat mk2 will be doa if released after blood asp

Edited by JudauAshta, 14 January 2017 - 03:30 PM.

#2 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:42 PM

Uhhh yea I will take you up on that argument. Blood Asp had to many hard points for any average player to know what they are doing.

Mad Cat Mk II is on par if not better cause battlemech

Edited by CK16, 14 January 2017 - 03:43 PM.

#3 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:44 PM

No, not confirmed.
Nothing is confirmed.

#4 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:46 PM

View PostCK16, on 14 January 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Uhhh yea I will take you up on that argument. Blood Asp had to many hard points for any average player to know what they are doing.

Mad Cat Mk II is on par if not better cause battlemech

Honestly, right now the Mad Cat MK II vs Blood Asp situation is really hard to judge. On one side, it blew most of the competition out of the water for requests back on that poll, and the love for it is real. On the other side though, the Blood Asp is Russ' favorite mech.

#5 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:47 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 14 January 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

Honestly, right now the Mad Cat MK II vs Blood Asp situation is really hard to judge. On one side, it blew most of the competition out of the water for requests back on that poll, and the love for it is real. On the other side though, the Blood Asp is Paul's favorite mech.

Ftfy

#6 JudauAshta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 14 January 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

Honestly, right now the Mad Cat MK II vs Blood Asp situation is really hard to judge. On one side, it blew most of the competition out of the water for requests back on that poll, and the love for it is real. On the other side though, the Blood Asp is Russ' favorite mech.

correct me if i am wrong but i am pretty sure blood will power creep mad cat mk2 . plus i also like mad cak mk2, especially in mw4 mercs.

#7 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:49 PM

View PostCK16, on 14 January 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

Ftfy

Bleh. Right now I'm bored AF and not thinking straight since I haven't eaten anything besides sugary junk food all day. Thanks.

#8 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:00 PM

View PostJudauAshta, on 14 January 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

correct me if i am wrong but i am pretty sure blood will power creep mad cat mk2 . plus i also like mad cak mk2, especially in mw4 mercs.

hmmm, maybe. I think if all the blood asp variants get released it will be very close. Asp gets more torso hardpoints (far more) which, based on the artwork ive seen, will all be extremely high mounted, plus it gets ECM. On the other hand the MKII is a battlemech, so it can be configured to go faster and hold more heatsinks, and its arms will be much higher mounted, if a bit wide... i think it will come down to preference.

I want the Blood Asp purely because it looks awesome.

#9 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:06 PM

I want both the Blood Asp and the Mad Cat Mk. II. Is that wrong?

I'm guessing we will probably get the Nova Cat and one of those in this March mech pack. Now we can get that Nova Cat that has the LBx and Heavy lasers. Hurray! I think that makes dual gauss possible on it.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 14 January 2017 - 04:07 PM.

#10 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:02 PM

I want both too, but the MK II first.

#11 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

Both the Mk II and the Blood ASP have the chance to be really solid assault mechs, how solid is up for debate, as they will be competing for space with Kodiaks and Marauder IIC's... So it will come down to personal preference on them... In the Asp's favor are sky hook lever high mounts for twin Gauss, for the Mk II, she gets access to JJ's....

#12 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:11 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 14 January 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

I'm guessing we will probably get the Nova Cat and one of those in this March mech pack. Now we can get that Nova Cat that has the LBx and Heavy lasers. Hurray! I think that makes dual gauss possible on it.

Yup, you mix the Alt C right arm with the Alt D (the Heavy Laser variant) left arm and you can do that.

Edited by FupDup, 14 January 2017 - 06:11 PM.

#13 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:55 PM

Both are solid mechs, without the need for quirks. Both are Clan. Hmmm...

#14 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:21 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 14 January 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

...In the Asp's favor are sky hook lever high mounts for twin Gauss, for the Mk II, she gets access to JJ's....

Don't forget that mounts higher than the cockpit deson't give any meaningful advantage unless when you are using 3PV.

Mounting GRs on ST also risk the chance of losing your arms when they go boom. On the other hand, Blood Asp's ST mounted Gauss permits tighter convergence which is useful like when you are leading the shots.

Speaking about the arms, there's a bit vertical gap between the arm mounted lasers and the high mounted ST Gauss on the Blood Asp which is not a good thing.

#15 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:23 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 14 January 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

Don't forget that mounts higher than the cockpit deson't give any meaningful advantage unless when you are using 3PV.

3PV does not make a difference.

Your reticle is tied to the cockpit... meaning that you can not shoot over a ridge, unless you crest high enough so that your cockpit has a clear view to the target.

#16 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:25 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 14 January 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

3PV does not make a difference.

Your reticle is tied to the cockpit... meaning that you can not shoot over a ridge, unless you crest high enough so that your cockpit has a clear view to the target.

Lol, I'm dumb and you are right!

How about this, mounts higher than cockpit level permits you to shoot behind cover IF you can take a peek through the cover and the weapons are higher than it.

That is a bit silly though since that scenario happens so seldom. One example is the stacked boxes (you can peek through them) as cover in the center of the old Terra Therma map.

#17 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:30 PM

View PostSixpack, on 14 January 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

No, not confirmed.
Nothing is confirmed.

It's not confirmed yet, they did not say "We will be releasing Blood ASP for our next Clan mech in April", but "Unannounced Clan Hero ‘Mechs, set for pre-order launch this April"

Edited by Beaching Betty, 14 January 2017 - 11:32 PM.

#18 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:47 PM

View PostSixpack, on 14 January 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

No, not confirmed.
Nothing is confirmed.

Question, is their a big brain that controls all other brains?

#19 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:02 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 14 January 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

Mounting GRs on ST also risk the chance of losing your arms when they go boom. On the other hand, Blood Asp's ST mounted Gauss permits tighter convergence which is useful like when you are leading the shots.

Speaking about the arms, there's a bit vertical gap between the arm mounted lasers and the high mounted ST Gauss on the Blood Asp which is not a good thing.

Yeah i dont actually think id use the Asp with dual guass for those reasons - it does get a 3B RT and a 4E LT so it could probably run an entirely high mount build there with 3xUAC5 or 2xUAC10 and lasers or PPCs

View PostMetus regem, on 14 January 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

for the Mk II, she gets access to JJ's....

Asp gets JJs too - in fact it might be able to get 7JJs, because the A variant has 3JJs, one in each torso, and the E variant has 4JJs, 2 in each leg. So with pod swapping... Not sure youd want to because 14 tons of JJs is a lot, and the A STs dont have weapon mounts, but still.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 15 January 2017 - 04:07 AM.

#20 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:43 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 15 January 2017 - 04:02 AM, said:

Yeah i dont actually think id use the Asp with dual guass for those reasons - it does get a 3B RT and a 4E LT so it could probably run an entirely high mount build there with 3xUAC5 or 2xUAC10 and lasers or PPCs

I never had any success story with energy+dakka builds where both the dakka and energy weapons as the main damage dealers.

They have different playstyles and doing both usually means that you are almost in the verge of overheating.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users