Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:30 AM

A single screenshot to prove what?

#22 nagdamnit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:40 AM

So when you said "Shut up" you actually meant to say that you acknowledge there are significant balance issues with the game tech (and you didn't mention clan streaks) and legacy issues with the merc unit distribution. Aside form that though we should all just shut up and look at your awesome score!

Must have been lost in translation. You Kiwi's should lurn tooze popper engrish!

I'm just winding you up now.

Edited by nagdamnit, 17 January 2017 - 04:40 AM.

#23 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:44 AM

1) Sorry mate, you have no right to tell other people to Shut Up.
2) There are abundant of posts and videos that explain the technology "differences" between Clan Mech and IS. Some people might not agree to this, but it is not so difficult to understand either.
3) Is the tech "differences" the only reason for IS losses? Of course NOT. There are multiple reasons - you have mentioned some of them. Totally agree to that. But does the tech "differences" play a (significant) role? Oh yes Sir!

So in summary, it is obviously not the only reason, and IS can certainly WIN (otherwise how can you explain our positive Win/Loss ratio ^^). But there should be no denial of the Tech imbalance.

Will the cry of tech imbalance help? Likely not. I am hoping that people will reach out to you and ask for your guidance on how to play better, and how to get better chance at winning.

#24 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:50 AM

View Postnagdamnit, on 17 January 2017 - 04:40 AM, said:

So when you said "Shut up" you actually meant to say that you acknowledge there are significant balance issues with the game tech (and you didn't mention clan streaks) and legacy issues with the merc unit distribution. Aside form that though we should all just shut up and look at your awesome score!

Must have been lost in translation. You Kiwi's should lurn tooze popper engrish!

He's got no time to learn man, he is buissy cheering at a guy posting potatoes instead of even trying to justify subjective arguments of a long disproved thesis.

Units want to play effective.
Units mostly go where effective play and builds are the easyest to achieve.
There are exception to this rule but those are the minority.
Posting results of single succsessfull games of single successfull players do not mitigate nor make up for the vast majority of players getting a bad gameplay experience out of FW due to beeing constantly molested by smal groups of tryhards.

A hint:
Those people you insult as potatoes are not interested in the opinions, playstyles or other stuff comming from a smal group of upper tier players, making gaming just complicated for them.
And THEY are not the problem.

Edited by The Basilisk, 17 January 2017 - 04:53 AM.

#25 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:05 AM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 17 January 2017 - 04:30 AM, said:

A single screenshot to prove what?

That I can pilot a IS mech far better than you ever have?

Rustled up a few people during the Oceanic cycle to play some matches.

Not a single loss tonight so here are a few more screenshots for you to look at while you waste time on the forums rather than actually dropping

VIVA LA INNER SPHERE!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

View Postnagdamnit, on 17 January 2017 - 04:40 AM, said:

Well Clan streaks are pretty redundant now IMO. No IS pilot needs to bring a light and most Meds have plenty of structure to tank at least 3-4 volleys.

I rarely saw streakdogs in Clan space the past 1.5 months. No-one needs to run them anymore.

I know you are lol Posted Image

View PostJon McFuzzy, on 17 January 2017 - 04:44 AM, said:

1) Sorry mate, you have no right to tell other people to Shut Up.

Most people that drop with me will see the humour.

I'm half stirring up the forums to get a reaction.

My troll level?

Excellent :)

Edited by justcallme A S H, 17 January 2017 - 05:04 AM.

#26 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:14 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 17 January 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

He's got no time to learn man, he is buissy cheering at a guy posting potatoes instead of even trying to justify subjective arguments of a long disproved thesis.

Units want to play effective.
Units mostly go where effective play and builds are the easyest to achieve.
There are exception to this rule but those are the minority.
Posting results of single succsessfull games of single successfull players do not mitigate nor make up for the vast majority of players getting a bad gameplay experience out of FW due to beeing constantly molested by smal groups of tryhards.

A hint:
Those people you insult as potatoes are not interested in the opinions, playstyles or other stuff comming from a smal group of upper tier players, making gaming just complicated for them.
And THEY are not the problem.

Almost every merc unit out there (with the exception of EVIL who basically switches sides as they see fit on a per hourly basis) will usually jump between IS and Clan on a weekly or 14 day basis (people get bored of playing just clans or IS, and the playstyle is different to accommodate the pros/cons of both techbases). Units wanting to be effective bring effective builds, regardless of which side they are playing that particular week.

I have no idea how much (or little) of FW you play, so I have no idea of the units you may encounter. Almost every one of the top 20 merc units listed on the FW leaderboard (exceptions would be MJ12 and EK) jump between factions without prolonged stays as I mentioned above.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 17 January 2017 - 05:18 AM.

#27 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:17 AM

Good post and good scores. I have seen a few of those players online and they can make the average player a superstar.

Just a few questions, What mode was that on in the Invasion queue, Skirmish or base defense?

And if you would like to share your drop deck, XL for all you said, that would be neat.

A really impressive post would have been that pic and instead of JFGG, (no disrespect) for the unit tag have EVIL or Emp.

#28 nagdamnit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:29 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 17 January 2017 - 05:05 AM, said:

Rustled up a few people during the Oceanic cycle to play some matches.

Oceanic players are simply not as good as their EU counterparts. That is scientific FACT (all capitals baby so it must be true). Its in the genes. The Dane was exploiting this weakness himself a few weeks ago, getting up in the middle of the AM his time to play the weakest clan players and talk up ISEN's ability to nearly take planets.

#29 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:35 AM

View PostPeter Wolf 359, on 17 January 2017 - 05:17 AM, said:

Good post and good scores. I have seen a few of those players online and they can make the average player a superstar.

Just a few questions, What mode was that on in the Invasion queue, Skirmish or base defense?
And if you would like to share your drop deck, XL for all you said, that would be neat.

A really impressive post would have been that pic and instead of JFGG, (no disrespect) for the unit tag have EVIL or Emp.

7man on comms is a 7man on comms :)

Anyway, happy to share builds I ran that map. It was just Skirmish. Nothing special in them, I just torso twist like a madman. You have to in IS mechs, use the agility compared to clan and spread that dmg.
BLR
GHP
WHM

I didn't even use my 3rd mech.

#30 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:37 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 17 January 2017 - 01:03 AM, said:

Where did I say my post had something to do with taking planets/unit tags?

This post is directed, as per what I posted mate.

1. Stop bringing LRMs.
2. Bring half decent builds.
3. Torso twist and KAZAM.
4. You can play IS XL mechs no worries.
5. No need to claim good players hack
6. Don't blame Hitreg/Ping/Youforgottowashyourundies

That is all I'm showing here.

we can bring XL-Mechs ... a Newb, that can't twist in an IS-XL Build goes boom, whereas the same newb in a Clan-XL Mech continues to fight and do damage. There is the difference we are looking at.
Heck, I can even bring a Vindicator with 3-AC2s and shell out decent amounts of damage, or a Lurmy Hunchie... even odd builds like a single gauss Panther. just because a good player can do it does not mean everybody can.
good players play good, simple as that!
like Mischief said, the balance issue is on the Pug/Newb/Casual Sector, not within the top tier players. It's the beginners that are losing Matches quicker than good players can win them. And this is first and foremost due to the fact that Clan Tech is much more forgiving.
I welcome the new Cooling Penalty to 40% for losing a Torso on Clan Tech, still, it's not as harsh of a punishment as blowing up, but it takes the balance closer together. And still, Clans are quicker, their weapons are lighter and deal more damage.
Overpowered? No! Still better? Yes. But Balance is getting better and better.
But as long as IS-Pug vs Clan-Pug is not equal, we can not go around saying:
"Look I am Tier 1, I can Play all IS-XL Builds and do 3k Damage against Premades, therefore everybody in the IS should be able to do the same, cause the tonnage advantage is ridiculous!"

#31 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:44 AM

To everyone crying "Clan/IS OP" ...

I need to tell to play both sides extensively, then re-try with an evaluation of the game´s balance, or potential lack of .

#32 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:57 AM

Balance that was:

(quirks) IS = (OP tech) Clan

, now broken.

Broken to fix active population issues. And for that matter, it is currently really small amount of players that can shift population balance in FW.

#33 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:58 AM

I think the 7-12 mans on the comms is the key, irregardless of IS or Clan.

The IS LG Pulse seems to be the go to weapon.

However, last weekend had a 6 man on comms and we ran through every team except for one against the 226th lead by Kaguri and they actually used SRM brawlers to beat us in an exciting close game.

This actually felt like a mostly lore based game in the fact that the IS team got close and used it's up close and personal firepower which is as close to physical attacks as we may get.

From what I understand from Battletech, Clan had the range but IS if it could close the gap, had hatchets and more melee power.

Thanks for the posts anyways.

#34 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:59 AM

Useless epeen stroking anecdotes are useless.

Clan tech is currently a lot stronger than IS tech, it's a problem and it needs to be addressed sooner or later no matter how many layers of obfuscation and irrelevant skill shaming nonsense people pile on.

The tonnage does balance this in faction play for players knowing how to use it but it's still a pants on head stupid fix since it does nothing for quickplay or competitive balance.

#35 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:27 AM

A S H op nerf him back to pokemon.

View PostDanjo San, on 17 January 2017 - 05:37 AM, said:

we can bring XL-Mechs ... a Newb, that can't twist in an IS-XL Build goes boom, whereas the same newb in a Clan-XL Mech continues to fight and do damage. There is the difference we are looking at.
Heck, I can even bring a Vindicator with 3-AC2s and shell out decent amounts of damage, or a Lurmy Hunchie... even odd builds like a single gauss Panther. just because a good player can do it does not mean everybody can.
good players play good, simple as that!
like Mischief said, the balance issue is on the Pug/Newb/Casual Sector, not within the top tier players. It's the beginners that are losing Matches quicker than good players can win them. And this is first and foremost due to the fact that Clan Tech is much more forgiving.
I welcome the new Cooling Penalty to 40% for losing a Torso on Clan Tech, still, it's not as harsh of a punishment as blowing up, but it takes the balance closer together. And still, Clans are quicker, their weapons are lighter and deal more damage.
Overpowered? No! Still better? Yes. But Balance is getting better and better.
But as long as IS-Pug vs Clan-Pug is not equal, we can not go around saying:
"Look I am Tier 1, I can Play all IS-XL Builds and do 3k Damage against Premades, therefore everybody in the IS should be able to do the same, cause the tonnage advantage is ridiculous!"

you realise that you welcome a change that will make noobs more equal but shifts the balance on the skill side. That basically imbalances the most impactign group of FW. Also 40% clan St penalty will not even balance the noobs, no one can balance lrm derp it's a dead mechanic and the more noobs you have the more use it.

Edited by Lily from animove, 17 January 2017 - 06:30 AM.

#36 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:37 AM

The 40% penalty is a pointless joke in reality. Given that usually means 50-70% of a mechs weapons are gone, there is usually no heat issue in the majority of cases.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 17 January 2017 - 06:38 AM.

#37 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:06 AM

I had a blast with you guys, tonight... err, this morning.

I was really surprised that we saw an IS Ghost Drop.

Running with y'all is a lot like being one of five dogs when one single bowl of food is put down; you have to be really aggressive or you won't have anything to eat.

Seriously, it's a blast running with people who instinctively focus fire one target after another. You'll get one alpha off and the target will be dead before your weapons recycle for a second shot.

(I just wish we had a chance to play some Invasion. I miss Invasion. I only get to see it two or three times a week in the times I play, now.)

#38 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

It's like the same sack of IS potatoes crying that clan mechs are OP in everyone of these posts. When will the nerfs be enough to stop all these trips to the salt flats?

#39 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:29 AM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 17 January 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

It's like the same sack of IS potatoes crying that clan mechs are OP in everyone of these posts. When will the nerfs be enough to stop all these trips to the salt flats?

When:

A. a fair and balanced equilibrium is achived.
B. Clamers stop getting defensive over thier "I WIN" mechs/tech. Face it your Mechs are tech are more powerful than IS.
C.When FW is dead because all the IS players have given up being at a constant disadvantage, No one want's to play second fiddle.
D.When Clamers decide to start treating the other side has humans and not some sub-human scum.

#40 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:54 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 17 January 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

When:

A. a fair and balanced equilibrium is achived.
B. Clamers stop getting defensive over thier "I WIN" mechs/tech. Face it your Mechs are tech are more powerful than IS.
C.When FW is dead because all the IS players have given up being at a constant disadvantage, No one want's to play second fiddle.
D.When Clamers decide to start treating the other side has humans and not some sub-human scum.

QQ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users