Hackusations Are Based On Peoples' Lack Of Skill And Willigness To Learn

70 replies to this topic

#61 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:25 AM

I faction played once this day, and we solo-queue clanner fought against a group-queued unit, the "Evil".

Posted Image

(lol the photo, trial mech and only 2 of the lasers are used, even chainfired. C-ER Med Lasers sync quite well with C-Large-Pulse-Lasers, and it's best to fire all three at the same time to deal the most damage, that's 33 damage.)

Some guy ejected quite early in the game, literally after landing, he ejected his mech and we're immediately disadvantaged by 1 mech. Then afterwards the pilot disconnected, literally 3 more mechs useless in that skirmish.

I asked the team to report the guy as well, cause despite us almost sure-fire lost immediately just as we sought the match-up with a group-queued unit, the guy could have still pulled his weight.

Then another guy said that the enemy was cheating ****** -- well i think he was specifying Evil, and the abandonment by the previous guy was supposedly justified because of that. He said that only 1/2 damage goes through, that he knows his weapon's damage, and it was not doing anything as he expected. I did reasoned that maybe they were spreading damage well, -- and i didn't mentioned it to them but only 40% damage goes through when you shoot at a destroyed component.

Sure, it's not impossible that hacking tools exist, likewise bad-hit registration does happen, and Arctic Cheetah is known for it. But while one of the guys that i talked to just did 360-dmg ish of all of his 4 mechs, i did 1019 damage with my dropdeck. By no means a good score but it was actually higher than average in our team and is high despite circumstances, likewise the minimum-damage recommended that you "pulled your weight".

Still, i do believe that group-queue and solo-queue should exist, so that grouped units wouldn't end up fighting really uncoordinated solo-queuers that almost always end on a stomp.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 20 January 2017 - 02:36 AM.

#62 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:22 AM

lol half damage hack now?

(ie, spreading damage).

#63 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:08 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 20 January 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

lol half damage hack now?

(ie, spreading damage).

Or shielding with the destroyed component. That works too.

#64 nagdamnit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:11 AM

I'm not one for accusing anyone of hacking. I don't really care either way .................. but

We all understand there is no anti-cheat in the game, and hacks are available to be purchased yeah? I mean sure half the accusations are nonsense, but there are people using cheats in the game. We are all clear on that yeah?

#65 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:25 AM

View Postnagdamnit, on 20 January 2017 - 06:11 AM, said:

I'm not one for accusing anyone of hacking. I don't really care either way .................. but

We all understand there is no anti-cheat in the game, and hacks are available to be purchased yeah? I mean sure half the accusations are nonsense, but there are people using cheats in the game. We are all clear on that yeah?

It's possible, hacks exists, but when i'm doing kind of okay and hackussers are doing badly, i have my doubts if it's the case.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 20 January 2017 - 02:32 PM.

#66 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:27 AM

View Postnagdamnit, on 20 January 2017 - 06:11 AM, said:

Sure they are but this game also has a low population quotient relative to other popular games. If you were writing some tools which would you focus on? I'd be a bit surprised if a terrible amount of Energy was focused this way. That being said I am sure hacks exist but not in the quantity that some like Novakaine imagine. Novakaine's biggest hack is that the enemy uses Cover against his LRM A1 Catapult.

#67 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:15 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 20 January 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

Sure they are but this game also has a low population quotient relative to other popular games

The smaller a game's population becomes the more likely you'll find/notice the people who are cheating and less likely the game publisher will do anything to correct the problem as a banwave just shrinks the population further.

#68 nagdamnit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:46 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 20 January 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

Sure they are but this game also has a low population quotient relative to other popular games. If you were writing some tools which would you focus on?

The tools are already there. They are written for the engine and only tweaked for the game.

Again, I'm not suggesting any particular player is using them, I'm just acknowledging that they are there and must be in use.

#69 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:54 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 20 January 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

The smaller a game's population becomes the more likely you'll find/notice the people who are cheating and less likely the game publisher will do anything to correct the problem as a banwave just shrinks the population further.

People are still getting banned-cheating. PGI continues to ban hackers, they just don't announce it.
https://mwomercs.com...4919-umpavipor/
https://mwomercs.com...4936-umpavapor/
https://mwomercs.com...7502-star-trek/

Just to name a few recent

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 20 January 2017 - 01:57 PM.

#70 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

Exactly. Thst last one was banned what, 5 weeks ago?

Hardly a case of 'we won't ban cause the population is low'. That is just rubbish.

#71 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:58 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 20 January 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Exactly. Thst last one was banned what, 5 weeks ago?

Hardly a case of 'we won't ban cause the population is low'. That is just rubbish.

I will agree on that. PGI will ban regardless or not if pop is low.

Either way, the 1/2 dmg made me lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users