Evil Is Ruining Faction Play

110 replies to this topic

#1 mesmer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:52 AM

.. by playing it all the time as a big group stompball.

(In all seriousness, it seems like y'all are just making the game miserable for yourselves by creating such boring matches over and over.)

Edited by mesmer7, 10 January 2017 - 10:52 AM.

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:12 AM

Kind of hard to make chock point maps new and fun every game.

#3 tenchugecko

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:22 AM

i helped them ruining it, and all i can say. either your first to do dmg or your not making dmg.

#4 Positive Mental Attitude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWAYup

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:34 AM

Soon we will have defeated fp. After we will only come to check to make sure no one is playing anymore every other day. It is the only way.

I see mj12 running 12 right now also.

Edited by Redjack d3, 10 January 2017 - 11:39 AM.

#5 Murphy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:37 AM

While I do not enjoy being curb-stomped as tends to happen with them on the opposing side, I think it's good for the game to see what can be done.

MS as a very large scale mercenary conglomerate was an interesting part of the fabric of the game in past phases.

EVIL now shows everyone what is possible with a group of players dedicated to playing together at a high level.

#6 Leeroy Lazor Barbies Kerensky

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:43 AM

There's some post around here where SCAR states they're goal is to ruin the FW mode for casuals, seems weird that you'd want to wreck a game you play so much, so I assume its all just some long drawn out troll. If you don't have the players to put up a decent fight just hit K and move on, and if you drop with them have some fun and leg them when their engaged (easy damage and the timer isn't really that bad).

#7 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:53 AM

You must cheat evil out of the win by base capping once they have pushed up to farm
You at your drop ships. It's the only way.

#8 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:24 PM

Some guys play successfully... that´s no reason to break the rules!

Lords owned everyone hard as well at least these guys got an "evil" theme.

#9 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:34 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 10 January 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

Kind of hard to make chock point maps new and fun every game.

add on unbalanced tech, mechs and quirks and vola you have a recipe for disaster.

#10 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

I don't blame Evil for playing well as a group and winning.

I do wish PGI would introduce group-sized matchmaking, so there'd be more balanced matches in that respect.

#11 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:57 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 10 January 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

add on unbalanced tech, mechs and quirks and vola you have a recipe for disaster.

Then we will have really balanced gate fights Posted Image

Edited by Monkey Lover, 10 January 2017 - 12:57 PM.

#12 Positive Mental Attitude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWAYup

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:58 PM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 10 January 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

You must cheat evil out of the win by base capping once they have pushed up to farm
You at your drop ships. It's the only way.

policies have changed, no more back capping us. AND WE DONT MESS WITH POLICY

#13 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:00 PM

Come on now, Russ says core game mechanics are fine. That being gospel, how can one lil team "ruin" faction play?

#14 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:36 PM

I'm sure we have to have the obligatory "large or good unit is OP" thread because "reasons".

Teamwork is soooo OP, it must not be allowed! Break down every OP unit, because they know how to play the game! Casual units are teh masses and we must cater to them!

#15 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:40 PM

Bad Crue (Come on now, Russ says core game mechanics are fine. That being gospel, how can one lil team "ruin" faction play?)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO BE HONEST I HOPE LARGE TEAM GROUPS DRIVE AWAY EVERYONE BUT THERE SELFS FROM FP then Russ and PGI will have to split the FP game queues and team groups 2v2-12v12 will only have to play each other win or lose and MWO will then have a real hard mode not just teams ROFL STOMPING new players casuals and pugs and thinking there all so LEET33.

Edited by KingCobra, 10 January 2017 - 01:40 PM.

#16 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:54 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 10 January 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

Come on now, Russ says core game mechanics are fine. That being gospel, how can one lil team "ruin" faction play?

Didn't he say that back in the beginning last year too?

#17 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:02 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 10 January 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

Bad Crue (Come on now, Russ says core game mechanics are fine. That being gospel, how can one lil team "ruin" faction play?)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO BE HONEST I HOPE LARGE TEAM GROUPS DRIVE AWAY EVERYONE BUT THERE SELFS FROM FP then Russ and PGI will have to split the FP game queues and team groups 2v2-12v12 will only have to play each other win or lose and MWO will then have a real hard mode not just teams ROFL STOMPING new players casuals and pugs and thinking there all so LEET33.

Pretty sure they gave this a try and that solo queue was dry as a bone. Jump into QP for your solo yolo warrior lurm boating.

A single unit isn't ruining a game. It is the dearth of depth to the game mode combined with a incredibly slow development time for a prime feature of which the developer had issues creating and communicating about. Besides you guys only see EVIL only once every so often. If you do just group up and push hard. Get a few kills and lose with dignity. Just like we do in QP group queue when EMP in large numbers decides to grace the world with their presence.

#18 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:05 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 10 January 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

Evil is a devastating opponent while fighting for either Clans or IS (the extra tonnage is a joke for them). They are proof that balance is not as important as skill and teamwork.

#19 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:12 PM

I dont like evil as much as the next guy, but i think its fair to say that with FP 4.1 there has been more balanced matches created and i have been seeing them less often. I know teamwork is op, but the only time i ever have a chance with them is if im with other rly good units, like MJ12 and ISEN. EVIL does seem a bit fishy to me though.

#20 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:20 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 10 January 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

TO BE HONEST I HOPE LARGE TEAM GROUPS DRIVE AWAY EVERYONE BUT THERE SELFS FROM FP

That is exactly what will happen. Because, that is exactly what happened in Phase 2 and then again in Phase 3, and that "fine" "core game play mechanic" of a total lack of any means to regulate populations, or balance relative skill levels of opponents (match maker, etc.) is still lacking.

Right now we are still in the 4.1 honeymoon period of folks being drawn in to the novelty of the QP maps as part of the mode. Don't worry though, the casuals are already starting to flee. EVIL et al, are simply hurrying things along their normal course. We will get to that same, good ole phase 3 vibe of long wait times and barren population soon enough.

No worries though, because remember, the mode is "fine".

Edited by Bud Crue, 10 January 2017 - 02:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users