March Mechpack Predictions/speculations

103 replies to this topic

#61 Omegasys

• Pip
  • The Demon
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:14 AM

If the IS 3060+ mech is not the Uziel, PGI should be banned from making games.

As for the Clan, Nova Cat would just be another boring, better Night Gyr that makes the Night Gyr pointless to even exist, and the fact that the night gear is relatively new (3-4 mech releases ago) doesn't really help it's case imo. Don't think they would choose to make one of the most powerful mechs in the game obsolete that quickly.

#62 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 January 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

Lol TT results don't apply (a 65 tonner going that slow in MWO would be a joke), and no one runs STD engines in Clan mechs unless you are trying to cram dual gauss in one side torso. I'd rather have a second 70 tonner than a 4th 65 tonner too...

PGI clearly stated that they want to see more players that run clan STD engines in their mech. The mech is still not limited to it's 54 kmph speed, as it can be upgraded to an XL to make it go 64.2 kmph with additional heat sinks or whatever other equipment players want in it. That is the same speed as the stock IS Rifleman, and most heavys and assaults in game. So while speed might be it's limiting factor, it has better weapon geometry and a slimmer profile over the Nova Cat. No doubt it will be the superior hill peaker.

Spoiler

While the Nova Cat will have decent side torso protection thanks to it's arms, I fear that it's center torso is going to be a giant CT plagued by bad center hit boxes when we get it in game. Not that I have anything against the mech itself (I still want both mechs to be released at the same time as already stated in this thread). I think at the very least PGI should still accommodate the old MW2 vets along with the MW3/MW4 ones.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 20 January 2017 - 10:20 AM.

#63 Omegasys

• Pip
  • The Demon
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 20 January 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

Or they might do something like give us mechs that were never featured in any previous mechwarrior titles like the Predator or the Canis. It wouldn't be the first time they gave us mechs nobody asked for. Don't forget about all the 3060+ mechs outside the assault bracket that they can choose from. Want to buy an Arcas or a Scylla?

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Canis

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Predator

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Arcas

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Scylla

hey an arcas would be pretty badass tbh

#64 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:25 AM

View PostCK16, on 20 January 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

I would say guys expect these 4 mechs to be well known mechs. It is like how the orginal 8 for MWO were and the first 8 Clan mechs for wave 1. They bring the most well known chassis first, I would guess the next 4 to 6 for each faction after March to be popular chassis and not obscure ones. Thing that scream 3060 ect.

I think so too. To be honest, I am quite sure we will see the Mad Cat MkII and the Fafnir. The Fafnir might even be a tad saver since the MkII has to compete with PGI's fav iirc, the Blood Asp - which happens to be a very good Mech.

The Fafnir's greatest competition are probably the Sunder and the Hauptmann, as far as popularity goes. But even if we can fire only one HGR at a time, the Fafnir's chassis is still very good and imo the best choice the IS has for a top-of-the-line assault

(Sorry, TheArisen - the Nightstar is still a very good choice nonetheless, and I would pilot it at once. But now that the Fafnir is on the table I cannot ignore my Lyran heart).

As far as the second Mech of the IS and the Clans goes, I hope they dare to make a dark horse great. It is right and sensible to include the fan favourites, but MWO should take the chance to bring something fresh and exiting to the table. Mechs like the Verfolger, Raijin, etc.

#65 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

View PostOmegasys, on 20 January 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

If the IS 3060+ mech is not the Uziel, PGI should be banned from making games.

As for the Clan, Nova Cat would just be another boring, better Night Gyr that makes the Night Gyr pointless to even exist, and the fact that the night gear is relatively new (3-4 mech releases ago) doesn't really help it's case imo. Don't think they would choose to make one of the most powerful mechs in the game obsolete that quickly.

The Nova Cat cannot do ballistics as well as the Night Gyr, nor can it do dual gauss + ER PPC with the same level of JJs, so no. In fact the only thing the Nova Cat does better is pure energy boating.

And uh.. The Uziel would be garbage so not sure why it should be a shoe-in as you say.

#66 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:31 AM

View PostOmegasys, on 20 January 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

hey an arcas would be pretty badass tbh

Looks like a cross between a Samurai and a sumo wrestler, though.

Posted Image

#67 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:34 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 20 January 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

I think so too. To be honest, I am quite sure we will see the Mad Cat MkII and the Fafnir. The Fafnir might even be a tad saver since the MkII has to compete with PGI's fav iirc, the Blood Asp - which happens to be a very good Mech.

The Fafnir's greatest competition are probably the Sunder and the Hauptmann, as far as popularity goes. But even if we can fire only one HGR at a time, the Fafnir's chassis is still very good and imo the best choice the IS has for a top-of-the-line assault

(Sorry, TheArisen - the Nightstar is still a very good choice nonetheless, and I would pilot it at once. But now that the Fafnir is on the table I cannot ignore my Lyran heart).

As far as the second Mech of the IS and the Clans goes, I hope they dare to make a dark horse great. It is right and sensible to include the fan favourites, but MWO should take the chance to bring something fresh and exiting to the table. Mechs like the Verfolger, Raijin, etc.

:(

#68 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 20 January 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

:(

Chin up, you have alot of our support behind the Nightstar.

It is one of 2 IS I want to see. The other is the Sagittaire.

#69 Omegasys

• Pip
  • The Demon
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 January 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

The Nova Cat cannot do ballistics as well as the Night Gyr, nor can it do dual gauss + ER PPC with the same level of JJs, so no. In fact the only thing the Nova Cat does better is pure energy boating.

And uh.. The Uziel would be garbage so not sure why it should be a shoe-in as you say.

the Uziel is the master race. You aren't part of it so you wouldn't know. And energy boating is kind of a big thing in mwo last time i checked, and the Nova Cat, if memory serves, is a god when it comes to that, so I'm willing to bet people will set aside their puny gauss rifles in exchange for firing small suns at people.

As much as I love the Uziel, the only real reason it's likely or not to get announced is because of popularity. Aside from that, it's an ok mech with a good spread of weapons that hurt, at least the 2S variant is. In the end I think a lot of it rides on how much better the new tech will be and how they balance it. Even if the new mechs are crap that no one wants, at least we get to take new tech to old favorites, which will be cool.

View PostBombast, on 20 January 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

Looks like a cross between a Samurai and a sumo wrestler, though.

Posted Image

ikr isn't it awesome?

And what about the Solitaire? Possible light option later on other than the Firemoth (though firemoth should be the one to come out),Posted Image
162 kph + HL, HM, and HS? Sign me up!

Edited by Omegasys, 20 January 2017 - 10:57 AM.

#70 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:57 AM

View PostOmegasys, on 20 January 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

the Uziel is the master race. You aren't part of it so you wouldn't know. And energy boating is kind of a big thing in mwo last time i checked, and the Nova Cat, if memory serves, is a god when it comes to that, so I'm willing to bet people will set aside their puny gauss rifles in exchange for firing small suns at people.

As much as I love the Uziel, the only real reason it's likely or not to get announced is because of popularity. Aside from that, it's an ok mech with a good spread of weapons that hurt, at least the 2S variant is. In the end I think a lot of it rides on how much better the new tech will be and how they balance it. Even if the new mechs are crap that no one wants, at least we get to take new tech to old favorites, which will be cool.

Master race? Master in what? Really wide arms? Low mounted cockpit? Man if they switched the SRM rack with the cockpit placement, I'd be more interested.

Actually for Clan mechs its more about ER PPC/Gauss or lots of dakka... energy boating in a 70 kph heavy isn't really ideal... Last time you checked must have been over a year ago. The faster heavies are better for that kind of thing anyway. Don't get me wrong, I think the Nova Cat will be strong, but in a different, non-obsoleting way. There is no way it is going to obsolete the Night Gyr, I can guarantee that.

#71 Omegasys

• Pip
  • The Demon
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:23 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 January 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Master race? Master in what? Really wide arms? Low mounted cockpit? Man if they switched the SRM rack with the cockpit placement, I'd be more interested.

Actually for Clan mechs its more about ER PPC/Gauss or lots of dakka... energy boating in a 70 kph heavy isn't really ideal... Last time you checked must have been over a year ago. The faster heavies are better for that kind of thing anyway. Don't get me wrong, I think the Nova Cat will be strong, but in a different, non-obsoleting way. There is no way it is going to obsolete the Night Gyr, I can guarantee that.

for clarification's sake, the uziel is the master race in being badass. i don't need your logical deductions to tell me what's good or not. Uziel ftw
as for the nova cat, laser boating in slower heavies is still definitely effective. Of course the faster the better, but in a defensive position the nova cat would be a nightmare to face.

#72 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:28 AM

View PostOmegasys, on 20 January 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

as for the nova cat, laser boating in slower heavies is still definitely effective. Of course the faster the better, but in a defensive position the nova cat would be a nightmare to face.

Sure lasers are okay, but laser vomit isn't the dominant strategy anymore, its 2nd or 3rd rate. And... are you saying a Night Gyr wouldn't be a nightmare to face?

Edit: To clarify, going through the Nova Cat variants, the best you could do is 2 cLPL 5 cERML with 26 DHS and a TC1, and 5 tons left over. That's barely stronger than what you can do with an Ebon Jaguar.. essentially just an extra DHS or 2, which definitely isn't worth the 17 kph speed deficit.

We'll see what the deal with heavy lasers is and how that changes the "laser vomit" game, but as of now, full laser vomit isn't even going to be ideal, will likely be some cLPL boating or quad ER PPC.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 20 January 2017 - 11:40 AM.

#73 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:31 PM

View PostCK16, on 20 January 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

Chin up, you have alot of our support behind the Nightstar.

It is one of 2 IS I want to see. The other is the Sagittaire.

Thanks.

#74 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

View PostOmegasys, on 20 January 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

And what about the Solitaire? Possible light option later on other than the Firemoth (though firemoth should be the one to come out),Posted Image
162 kph + HL, HM, and HS? Sign me up!

I'm all for the Solitaire. It was my go to mech in MW:LL and absolutely loved the fast moving LBX20 mobile platform variant. Only one problem with it. It suffers the same issue as the Firemoth with it's 162 kmph base speed with the engine limitations. It honestly should be sold along with the Firemoth as a light package for the clans. Would make a good duo together.

As a matter of fact I would be ok if PGI followed an order like this:

Blood Asp (Omnimech) + Warhammer IIC (Battlemech) for March

Nova Cat (Omnimech) + Rifleman IIC (Battlemech) for April

Firemoth (Omnimech) + Solitare (Battlemech) for May

And so on.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 20 January 2017 - 01:35 PM.

#75 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:33 PM

Clan pack
Mad Cat MK II
Blood Asp

IS pack
Fafnir
Uziel

#76 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:34 PM

View PostImperius, on 20 January 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

Clan pack
Mad Cat MK II
Blood Asp

IS pack
Fafnir
Uziel

I doubt we will get both MkII and Blood Asp. Guessing NovaCat

#77 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:00 PM

View PostImperius, on 20 January 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

Clan pack
Mad Cat MK II
Blood Asp

IS pack
Fafnir
Uziel

Likely either:

Clan Pack:

Mad Cat Mk II
Black Lanner

IS Pack:

Fafnir
Uziel

or

Clan Pack:

Blood Asp
Cougar

IS Pack:

Sunder / Templar
Hellspwan

Neither IS pack really excite me, but I'd be willing to toss $20 at PGI for the Templar.

#78 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

After some consideration, here goes my guess (assuming it will be 1 per weight class per side, using new tech):

Innersphere:
Up to now, everything is from 3050 except for Highlander, King Crab (which are older) and Bushwacker (MW4/3058) so I am expecting mechs using new tech from either MW4 or 3055+ (They don't seem to be liking 3055, so looks more like 3058+):

Light: Nexus 25t (3055) ER lasers
Medium: Uziel 50t (MW4/3067) LBX AC2 / ER lasers
Heavy: Argus 60t (MW4/3067) Rotary AC / ER lasers
Assault: Annihilator 100t (3050) cause ppl keep asking

I am expecting MRM, so I've got something wrong, I just don't know what ^^

Clan:

Light: Firemoth 20t (3050) if they pull off the speed, Piranha otherwise
Medium: Black Lanner 55t (3058)
Heavy: Novacat 70t (MW4/3060)
Assault: Turkina 95t (3058)

#79 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 20 January 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

After some consideration, here goes my guess (assuming it will be 1 per weight class per side, using new tech):

Innersphere:
Up to now, everything is from 3050 except for Highlander, King Crab (which are older) and Bushwacker (MW4/3058) so I am expecting mechs using new tech from either MW4 or 3055+ (They don't seem to be liking 3055, so looks more like 3058+):

Light: Nexus 25t (3055) ER lasers
Medium: Uziel 50t (MW4/3067) LBX AC2 / ER lasers
Heavy: Argus 60t (MW4/3067) Rotary AC / ER lasers
Assault: Annihilator 100t (3050) cause ppl keep asking

I am expecting MRM, so I've got something wrong, I just don't know what ^^

Clan:

Light: Firemoth 20t (3050) if they pull off the speed, Piranha otherwise
Medium: Black Lanner 55t (3058)
Heavy: Novacat 70t (MW4/3060)
Assault: Turkina 95t (3058)

Can 3057 count? The Nightstar went back into production that year and has a variant with new tech. :D

#80 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:30 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 20 January 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

Can 3057 count? The Nightstar went back into production that year and has a variant with new tech. :D

Not to mention it's a better mechs than the Annihilator....

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users