426 replies to this topic

#21 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:11 PM

Pfffft, that 20% nerf does nothing, unless you build a sword and board mech, 95% of clan mech lose 50% of their firepower when they lose a CT and people either yolo or just plain eject when they lose a ST so your argument is bad as usual BW.

Perhaps when you get out of lorernard land and play both sides you may understand a little more, until then, zip the lips.

Edited by Carl Vickers, 20 January 2017 - 02:12 PM.

#22 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:13 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 20 January 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

Pfffft, that 20% nerf does nothing, unless you build a sword and board mech, 99% of clan mech lose 50% of their firepower when they lose a CT and people either yolo or just plain eject when they lose a CT so your argument is bad as usual BW.

Perhaps when you get out of larnard land and play both sides you may understand a little more, until then, zip the lips.

you so blind dude, Lost a side torso on my MAD IIC and had 1 PPC and a med pulse with a UAC20 and it was a able to do jack all.

Not all clan mechs have even weapon loud outs on both sides. IS keeps crying, thats all I hear.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 20 January 2017 - 02:14 PM.

#23 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

lol, bad build is bad, just like the player.

#24 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

View PostCarl Vickers, on 20 January 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

lol, bad build is bad, just like the player.

1v1 me, and bring your meta

#25 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 20 January 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

wtf are you talking about?

Best heavies in game: Night Gyr, Timber Wolf
Nerf: Warhammer

Taking ST loss penalty from 20%-40% isn't going to change much.

#26 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:17 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 January 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

Best heavies in game: Night Gyr, Timber Wolf
Nerf: Warhammer

Taking ST loss penalty from 20%-40% isn't going to change much.

yea, I mean how often are you gonna lose a side torso and manage to keep most your weapons. I guess it won't be that bad

the IS, just vomits lasers all day. The warhammer pretty much just alpha's all the time anyway. At least now I can punch through it a little better.

# IS are the new TANK MECHS

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 20 January 2017 - 02:18 PM.

#27 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:20 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 20 January 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

yea, I mean how often are you gonna lose a side torso and manage to keep most your weapons. I guess it won't be that bad

Thanks for proving my point, [Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 20 January 2017 - 03:03 PM.
insult, inappropriate language

#28 Agathos11

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 6 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:22 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 January 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

OmniPods:

Fixed an issue where bonuses received from Quirks tied to OmniPods would remain in effect after a destruction of that OmniPod.

Do I now lose all my set-of-8 quirks when my first component is destroyed?

Edited by Agathos11, 20 January 2017 - 02:22 PM.

#29 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:22 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 20 January 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

Thanks for proving my point, [Redacted]

yea keep ducking my 1v1, you scared this [Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 20 January 2017 - 06:29 PM.
Quote Clean-Up, reference

#30 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:24 PM

Considering in the last 2 FP matches we played you lost both with less than 500 damage, I dont see any challenge or need to 1v1 you.

#31 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:28 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 20 January 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

1v1 me, and bring your meta

1v1 me brah! XD You made my day.

#32 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:28 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 20 January 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

wtf are you talking about?

The Warhammer is THE BEST Inner Sphere Mech in the game, only rivaled by the Battlemaster. I'm not going to bother taking the time to explain to you how the resize shelved the Black Knights and Grasshoppers for most peoples dropdecks.

I wouldn't expect you to understand, being Clan loyalist scum and all.

Edited by SoloidSnake, 20 January 2017 - 02:29 PM.

#33 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

Slowly but surely the competition for my Orion is being whittled away!

SOON ALL SHALL FALL BEFORE THE MIGHT OF MY TRIPLE ORION 1V DROPDECK!

Posted Image

Edited by Jman5, 20 January 2017 - 02:35 PM.

#34 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 20 January 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

Considering in the last 2 FP matches we played you lost both with less than 500 damage, I dont see any challenge or need to 1v1 you.

another fallacy dude, my overalll performance is good

View PostSoloidSnake, on 20 January 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

The Warhammer is THE BEST Inner Sphere Mech in the game, only rivaled by the Battlemaster. I'm not going to bother taking the time to explain to you how the resize shelved the Black Knights and Grasshoppers for most peoples dropdecks.

I wouldn't expect you to understand, being Clan loyalist scum and all.

lol

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 20 January 2017 - 02:35 PM.

#35 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:35 PM

im really happy that they buffed the Highlanders and Zeus a bit, they really needed it. But what about Victor? surely the data shows its a piece of **** compared even to most heavies?

Edited: the ONI-IIC-C is going to be pretty evil with all that armor...

Edited by VitriolicViolet, 20 January 2017 - 02:39 PM.

#36 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

So essentially, to date, you have Nerfed Auto cannons, clan SRM range, Clan Laser Range, CLan PPC jump sniping in every mech capable of doing so including ones that were never really a problem to begin with. So i basically have no other choice at this point but to run Ebon Jag laser vomit full time or see reduced effectiveness in my mechs. ALL of this at a 25 ton disadvantage to the IS. SORRY IS PGI has made laser vomit the defacto choice for Faction play going forward. Everything else on clan side is nerfed at this point. And why did you **** on the warhammer? I would never have called that mech imbalanced. If anything you should have nerfed IS ER Large laser quirks.

#37 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:41 PM

Thoses quriks changes are really joke ...

90% of them are changing structures into armor quriks or remove some bit structures quirks add ballistic cooldown for mechs which haven't enought pod tonnage avaiable for it could help anyway

Posted Image

"Continuing from last month, the Orion IIC is seeing its Structure Quirks shifted into Armor Quirks."

Wow one month " of work " isn't enough for shifted all strutures quirks into armor quirks .. mokay

"As usual we'll monitor the impact of these changes on the data and your feedback, and evaluate from there."

We'll monitor = we will gathering datas and we will play dartboard game about this in a year Posted Image

View PostPariah Devalis, on 20 January 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Shadow Cats are outperforming their peers? Uh... ... You mean among Clan 45 ton mechs? I could see that. Overall? Ehhhh. Among the entire medium bracket? Are you high?

They did gather datas from thoses streaks shadowcat that many pilots only play in QP...
Thoses streakcats which one shoot locusts ( the lone viable light mech now ) and other lights reallly fast, then you can safetly focus on others mediums, remaining heavy/assaults and easy win the match with rest of their team ...
Or maybe from my erll shadowcat 4 month ago maybe Posted Image

And they also gather data from average potatoes players too.
- Potatoes play or try all mechs >>>> And also underperform for all of them in same proportions cause potato will underperform no matter if bad loadout or good loadout, overquirked mech or not ... they just underperfom.

But for some weaks mechs which overall underperfom ( potatoes or good pilots ) like shadowcat, in a specific rolewarefare they may ( with a smart pilot ) really overperfom like streakboat or snipe for shadowcat does in each match.
- In this case when thoses weaks mechs are over-used by some fews addicts veterans, they don't use other average mechs, and also statistics don't see them perform with thoses others average mechs anymore.

Now cause of that stats show that suddently one mech overperform... but this mech is still bad, this mech is just played more by goods pilots than others mechs are...
Any smart pilot belong to a smart team know how defeat a streakboat or snipe shadowcat ... only potatoes don't.
If streak shadowcat and snipe shadowcat overperform it's only becose they have potatoes in sight...

Also , good-fake stats or not, in weaks hand shadowcat are still a bad 45tons mechs compared to an hunchi or huntsman and will lose all his duels vs an ice ferret. And in a good hand, shadowcats will lose his duels vs another medium drive by a smart pilot. PGI failed again.

You want balance mechs ? Nerf some good pilots or buff some bads pilots.. How nerf or buff people ? With a proper MM maybe.
PGI just read numbers without understand what they really mean...

Edited by Idealsuspect, 20 January 2017 - 02:45 PM.

#38 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:43 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 20 January 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

I've never understood why mechs that are performing well are considered to be "overperforming" and PGI feels the need to weaken them to be more "in line" with all of the "underperformers". I understand that balancing is tough to do but I have always believe it better to strengthen the "bottom" than weaken the "top" (...summoner performing "much better than its popularity" and needs to be nerfed, major lols!!!)
Not to get involved with the specific changes, but nerfing the strongest is necessary or you fall into endless power creep. As TTK is a concern in this game (to PGI, whether players agree or not) nerfs must happen.

#39 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 20 January 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Not to get involved with the specific changes, but nerfing the strongest is necessary or you fall into endless power creep. As TTK is a concern in this game (to PGI, whether players agree or not) nerfs must happen.

sure is fun to watch some people over-react every-time their is a buff or reduction.

I sure did, with that clan XL nerf

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 20 January 2017 - 02:46 PM.

#40 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:55 PM

We look forward to your feedback on these changes, but we encourage you to keep in mind that this should not be evaluated strictly as an XL Engine issue, but an overall balance question between Engines of all types.

You know, we HAVE been discussing this particular issue for a couple months now

By and large, the consensus was to buff STDs, because come FutureTech™, and the possibility of a LFE, they'll be ******* worthless

You need to give the STDs enough buffs for a Clam Battlemech to CONSIDER taking one over a cXL. They are in direct competition, forget the isXL VS STD, because the cXL is superior in every sense

Give the STD more structure (Flat or relative) in the form of quirks. Do not increase those buffs based on engine rating, that just promotes the BESM, which has enough going for it. These quirks are to add incentive to take a STD, period.
Flat, significant structure buffs to all 3 torso segments. 20-30-20 sort of thing

That, and some agility quirks (because if you take a STD, you have less weight, which means both fewer guns and a smaller engine)
That agility should help offset the smaller engine agility hit

Add that in, balance it towards the cXL in performance, and then balance the isXL
Easy decision is sidesToDie=2, bam, finished
Some people don't like that. While the STD buff is almost unanimous (in some form or another), there is some contention with the isXL. Some want it to still die with ST loss, but have STs=CT in overall HP
More HP than a cXL equipped mech, potentially, if the skill is shown in torso twisting. So, higher skill floor than Clam XLs, but potentially more durable

I'm fine with any buffs, but if the LFE is coming in, the STD needs buffs, and no amount of cXL nerfs will change that
You want to avoid Legacy Tech™

and RIP the only decent MG carrier

If only those MG quirks were not worthless
Seriously...you should give those 2 MG mechs actual incentive to take MGs
It's almost like that value is missing a 0; 200% would be incentive, 20% is a joke

Edited by Mcgral18, 20 January 2017 - 02:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users