#41 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

View PostJman5, on 20 January 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

Slowly but surely the competition for my Orion is being whittled away!

SOON ALL SHALL FALL BEFORE THE MIGHT OF MY TRIPLE ORION 1V DROPDECK!

Posted Image

Made all the more appropriate by the fact that the Orion got a pretty significant buff this patch with those massive structure quirks being moved over to armor quirks.

#42 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:59 PM

View PostVitriolicViolet, on 20 January 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

im really happy that they buffed the Highlanders and Zeus a bit, they really needed it. But what about Victor? surely the data shows its a piece of **** compared even to most heavies?

Edited: the ONI-IIC-C is going to be pretty evil with all that armor...

There is a small chance that the very few people who are currently using victors are upsetting the data gathering by kicking *** with it and are potentially skewing it to look either on the upper end of effective or maybe even over performing :P

#43 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

SO MY MECH LEGS ARE GOING TO KEEP GETTING DESTROYED FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER MONTH BEFORE GAME WVEN STARTS?! WOW PGI NICE PRIORITISING OF ISSUES. DROPSHIPS FAILING TO DROP CORRECTLY THEN REDROPPING YOU AND DROPMECH SELECT SCREEN NOT DISSAPEARING ARE 2 BIGGEST ISSUES FOR YOU.

Better be a patch fixing it in next 2 weeks jesus, losing 6% of mechs health up to 3 times in a drop before enemy contact is game breaking.

#44 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 January 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

*snip*

Timber Wolf: Fixed an issue where Standing Cockpit Items would float slightly above the cockpit.
Timber Wolf: Adjusted brightness for the Wolf Pattern to improve banding contrast.
Timber Wolf TBR-Prime: Fixed an issue where the CT Machine Gun was offset slightly from the chassis.
Timber Wolf: Cleaned up the Jump Jet animation.

*snip*

Well, two out of four. https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5570667

Edited by Uncle Totty, 20 January 2017 - 03:02 PM.

#45 exiledangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Locationhalifax ns canada

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:01 PM

so your saying a missile platform mech gets no missile quirks ???

#46 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:05 PM

View Postexiledangel, on 20 January 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

so your saying a missile platform mech gets no missile quirks ???

Makes sense right? Just like a Shadow Cat losing its leg armor? Stick around, PGI is full of fun decisions.

#47 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:13 PM

View PostVitriolicViolet, on 20 January 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

im really happy that they buffed the Highlanders and Zeus a bit, they really needed it. But what about Victor? surely the data shows its a piece of **** compared even to most heavies?

Edited: the ONI-IIC-C is going to be pretty evil with all that armor...

Victor got the quirk buff last patch.

Edited by Jman5, 20 January 2017 - 03:13 PM.

#48 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:14 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 20 January 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Not to get involved with the specific changes, but nerfing the strongest is necessary or you fall into endless power creep. As TTK is a concern in this game (to PGI, whether players agree or not) nerfs must happen.

But how do we know its the strongest, thats the point I'm trying to make...by what criteria is it determined to be the strongest, or better still the strongest because it has too many quirks or quirks that are too big of a boost? Not everyone performs consistently in every mech they pilot and not everyone pilots only the mechs they do best in (sometimes we cant drop in our favorite mechs because of tonnage limits). Personally I don't even do THAT well in warhammers or summoners (for IS I do much better in Marauders, Riflemen and Grashoppers than I have ever done in warhammers...and for clan I do far better in ebon jags and hellbringers than I do in summoners or timberwolves). I do get what you're saying about it being easier to weaken the top than improve the multitude of bottom mechs but every time the top gets weakened all it does is create a new top that will need weakening again...its balancing to the lowest common denominator and I'm sorry but I'm just not a fan of that form of balancing

#49 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:15 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 20 January 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

you so blind dude, Lost a side torso on my MAD IIC and had 1 PPC and a med pulse with a UAC20 and it was a able to do jack all.

Not all clan mechs have even weapon loud outs on both sides. IS keeps crying, thats all I hear.

Lost a side torso on my XL Shadow Hawk. Died. Did less than jack all. Too bad, so sad.

#50 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

View PostJman5, on 20 January 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

Slowly but surely the competition for my Orion is being whittled away!

SOON ALL SHALL FALL BEFORE THE MIGHT OF MY TRIPLE ORION 1V DROPDECK!

Posted Image

Oh yeah, the ON1-V is "overquirked". Need to bring those in line next patch. Quirks should only be minor buffs, not 20-30% improvements every where.

-Your friendly neighborhood Clan loyalist, only interested in fair IS-Clan balance. "Don't want another KDK-3 episode!"

#51 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:21 PM

Clans with lose 40% of their engine HS upon ST loss with XL equipped.
IS lose 100% of their Engine HS upon ST loss with XL equipped.

Clans get a partial speed reduction upon XL ST loss.
IS gets a 100% speed reduction (renders you immobile) upon XL ST loss.

Clans lose ~ half their weapons and heatsinks upon XL ST loss.
Is lose 100% of weapons and heatsinks upon XL ST loss.

Are Clanners complaining about how bad their XL engines will become after the nerf?

Edited by Prosperity Park, 20 January 2017 - 03:21 PM.

#52 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:21 PM

lots of people seem to be saying buff the weak Mechs rather than nerf the strong, but I have seen many people complain of power creap, that is to say over time "better" Mechs are released, so there are 2 ways to address this, reduce the power of the top performers or increase the power of everything else.

my impression is that reducing the power if the 10-20 top performers makes more sense and will be less work than increasing the performance of the 50-60 lower performers.

also if everything mech which was not a top performer recieved accross the board buffs to bring it in line with MAD, WHM, TBR, SCR, HBK IIC, KDK ect. then time to kill would be reduced further, and it is quite common for me to hear that time to kill is already too short.

#53 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:22 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 20 January 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Clans with lose 40% of their engine HS upon ST loss with XL equipped.
IS lose 100% of their Engine HS upon ST loss with XL equipped.

Clans get a partial speed reduction upon XL ST loss.
IS gets a 100% speed reduction (renders you immobile) upon XL ST loss.

Clans lose ~ half their weapons and heatsinks upon XL ST loss.
Is lose 100% of weapons and heatsinks upon XL ST loss.

Are Clanners complaining about how bad their XL engines will become after the nerf?

BUT MAH LOREZ! I R STUPERIORZ!

#54 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:24 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 20 January 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

lots of people seem to be saying buff the weak Mechs rather than nerf the strong, but I have seen many people complain of power creap, that is to say over time "better" Mechs are released, so there are 2 ways to address this, reduce the power of the top performers or increase the power of everything else.

my impression is that reducing the power if the 10-20 top performers makes more sense and will be less work than increasing the performance of the 50-60 lower performers.

also if everything mech which was not a top performer recieved accross the board buffs to bring it in line with MAD, WHM, TBR, SCR, HBK IIC, KDK ect. then time to kill would be reduced further, and it is quite common for me to hear that time to kill is already too short.

Nerfing the "OverPerformers" is a way to reduce Powercreep and keep TTK a little higher than by just buffing underperformers. Remember, many many people want TTK to be higher than it is.

#55 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:25 PM

The only thing this current course of action does is truly make the flavor of the month mech (IE buy the current mech or play a nerfed weak sauce version of a previously good mech). This was promised to never happen by PGI, but their constant new mech then nerf the old shows yet another broken promise.

#56 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:28 PM

View PostMechsniper, on 20 January 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

The only thing this current course of action does is truly make the flavor of the month mech (IE buy the current mech or play a nerfed weak sauce version of a previously good mech). This was promised to never happen by PGI, but their constant new mech then nerf the old shows yet another broken promise.

Soon all viable IS Heavies will be nerf'd. Thus prompting PGI to come forward with "Do you want to buy a Roughneck mechpack?"

#57 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

Cataphract help? Nice! My lovely Liao ladies might survive a match for once!

#58 Felbombling

• 2,972 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

I think the Warhammer nerfs were justified. I was always a little shocked at how better off the Warhammer was introduced, compared to the Archer. I'm sure this was a long time coming for the Warhammer.

Edited by StaggerCheck, 21 January 2017 - 08:50 AM.

#59 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

I like the fixes... But you fixed so much my eyes glazed-over!

#60 Dren

Rookie

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:54 PM

Starting to think PGI going for a money grab.Not buying anything until I see this skill tree in action.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users