What Do You Do Against Narc In Polar Highlands On Domination, When Your Team Has No Ecm Mechs Whatsoever?

49 replies to this topic

#41 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:48 AM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 21 January 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

Please enlighten me as to what counter exists beyond the AMS bubble, which most players will never mount on their mechs because heat sinks are more important.

You DO understand that the AMS system shoots down NARC missiles also right ?

#42 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

View PostReza Malin, on 21 January 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

So much passive aggression. Calm yourself mate.

I presume he is talking quickplay here, where he has absolutely zero control over what his "team" bring to the party.

I don't get how your comment has any point to it, other than trying to sound edgy and cool.

If you get narc'ed on polar highlands QP, it entirely depends on where you are on the map, how many enemy actually has LRMS, and how far away they are. There is no science to it. There is no macho spin on it.

If it is CW, then it shouldn't even be an issue unless you are playing it like quickplay and no one is talking.

You know that this thread is a complaint about map design, and not a discussion about tactics, right?

If this were a topic about tactics, then the thread would be closed with "Use your AMS and hide under the dish.". Done. There is no reason to discuss the threat of LRMs while simultaneously assuming that you did not bring AMS. That's like asking " So, how do you counter Gauss Snipers when you drop with zero armor?"

Edited by Prosperity Park, 23 January 2017 - 10:18 AM.

#43 MacClearly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:05 AM

Do whatever you can to avoid the map. Farm your multiplier. Whatever needed. During afternoons estern time zone disable Euro server. Make sure you take a look at what your team has and if neccessary make sure you stay far enough from the enemy that you can engage from distance. Usually I will run PPC friendly mechs. Never run brawlers in the afternoon.

If you get the map a third time in a row, it is more than fair and reasonable to disconnect, select another mech and launch again.

#44 Old-dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:49 AM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 21 January 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

If I had the magical ability to make 8+ other players to push I would abuse the hell out of it, but that is not something that happens often.

If you are clear about your intentions and next actions, give directions to the rest of the team you will notice that there will be more people backing you up as you might expect.
Hanging in the back doing some gauss / erppc sniping with a Marauder IIC is not only begging for a narc by a sneaky light but also isn't going to encourage the rest of the team to setup and prepare for a push - that will only feed and strengthen the passive mindset of the campers (which is perfect for all the enemy lrm boats).

Edited by B3R3ND, 23 January 2017 - 11:50 AM.

#45 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:34 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 23 January 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

You know that this thread is a complaint about map design, and not a discussion about tactics, right?

If this were a topic about tactics, then the thread would be closed with "Use your AMS and hide under the dish.". Done. There is no reason to discuss the threat of LRMs while simultaneously assuming that you did not bring AMS. That's like asking " So, how do you counter Gauss Snipers when you drop with zero armor?"

What a terribly bad grasp of reality.

WHAT DO YOU DO AGAINST NARC IN POLAR HIGHLANDS ON DOMINATION, WHEN YOUR TEAM HAS NO ECM MECHS WHATSOEVER?

In case you missed it, this is the title of the thread.

Also, not everyone uses AMS, whether worried about LRM's or not. I rarely use AMS, but can still avoid most LRM fire even on polar highlands. Stop trying to sound edgy.

There was no need for your overly condescending initial post in the first place.

Edited by Reza Malin, 23 January 2017 - 12:37 PM.

#46 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:36 PM

View PostReza Malin, on 23 January 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

What a terribly bad grasp of reality.

WHAT DO YOU DO AGAINST NARC IN POLAR HIGHLANDS ON DOMINATION, WHEN YOUR TEAM HAS NO ECM MECHS WHATSOEVER?

In case you missed it, this is the title of the thread.

Also, not everyone uses AMS, whether worried about LRM's or not. I rarely use AMS, but can still avoid most LRM fire even on polar highlands. Stop trying to sound edgy.

There was no need for your overly condescending initial post in the first place.

The answer to the thread is USE YOUR AMS, HIDE UNDER THE DISH (like I said, if you missed it). Again, you should not complain about LRMs if you did not being AMS. That's like saying "I got lost because I did not bring a map.". Boohoo, bring a map next time - that's what they are for. You cannot blame "PUG Life" for leaving yourself unprepared for PUG Life.

I don't get it. Why was the question posted by a NaCl'er if not to complain about map design? You know darn well it was a map complaint, and not a GE uine discussion thread. Stop trying to defend the legitimacy of this topic as per the title. It's a map complaint thread and if you cannot see that then I cannot say any more.

Am I defending the map? No. But this is a map complaint thread. The title should be POLAR DOMINATION NEEDS MORE COVER. That would have been more honest.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 23 January 2017 - 01:37 PM.

#47 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:01 PM

Simple, don't get tagged with TAG or NARC in the first place*. Stick to the trenches to work your way around to their LRM boats, then enjoy the free kills.

*For this kind of training I suggest spending much time in a Locust 1E to really learn the map.

#48 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:36 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 21 January 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

Please enlighten me as to what counter exists beyond the AMS bubble, which most players will never mount on their mechs because heat sinks are more important.

It's not like running away out to 1k meters is a terribly viable strategy for the mode and map

Worst case scenario, though assuming your team actually is on comms you can possibly warn them and drop the NARCer before he pods half your team to death. However, your odds of getting a competent NARC user on Polar are lottery winner odds compared to getting zero ECM.

#49 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:51 PM

This reminds me of reading a story today about how some armchair procurement experts are questioning the Canadian Special Forces Operations Command's recent decision to spend $20 million on acquiring the same sort of Polaris 4x4s as used by the US Special Forces Command. The questioning was based on the fact that these are unarmored vehicles... and how thus they offer no IED or even small arms fire protection for the folks using them. The part these armchair experts ignore is that the missions of these units don't involve shooting it out with tanks or driving along the same roads every day in supply convoys that are easily ambushed with a buried IED. They're very off-road capable and can be moved by transport helicopters / tactical airlifters and thus totally avoid the areas that IEDs get placed. Likewise being fast they can shoot and scoot without being shot at much. And they're armed to do harassment missions with MGs and Grenade launchers.

How does that relate to this topic ? Well... either SHOOT at the enemy and then scoot away before they return fire...and thus it doesn't matter if you have ECM or AMS coverage... or bring a mech unit WITH those features if you're incapable of doing the former.

#50 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:54 PM

Accept pug lottery for what it is, and free your mind. Solo-q matches are nothing to fret about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users