Watch And Learn, Here's The Deal. Slip And Slide On This Nerfana Peel! (And A Side Rant)

43 replies to this topic

#1 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:24 PM

Enjoy some half assed OC made by me. (Volume warning)

So, I have a confession to make. I've recently uninstalled MW:O out of sheer disappointment of what PGI and their balance overlords are doing to their own game. PGI is going a great job pissing off their already declining player population with their unnecessary, unjustified nerfs and lack of reasoning to their players. Now with this being said, I'm one of many that bought an IS Marauder pack to support the return of the unseens. I want to support this game but I can't find any justification to do so now.

Want to win me back and buy more future mech packs PGI? Get your head out of the sand and stop making decisions with your dart board. Dedicate some devs to actually play the game and listen to community feedback when there are "balancing" problems.

Does anyone else feel frustrated to the point they actually want to spend their hard earned money on this game, but can't find any justification to do so besides "muh shiny new mechs?" I really wish PGI didn't have a monopoly over the battletech franchise like this.

/end of rant

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 21 January 2017 - 11:26 PM.

#2 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:25 PM

You could stand to add a warning to lower your volume. Loud memes are dumb.

#3 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

I was going to buy a Javelin package.

They shot that idea right the f*ck down. Their inept balance changes are bad enough, but the explanations for them are simply insulting.

#4 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 21 January 2017 - 11:25 PM, said:

You could stand to add a warning to lower your volume. Loud memes are dumb.

Yeah I apologize for that. I reused another video and didn't realize the ear **** until now.

#5 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:28 PM

I now need someone to make a full edit of "We Are Number One", but as the Clans trying to capture Terra. Someone with video editing skills, get on it. ASAP.

#6 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:33 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 21 January 2017 - 11:28 PM, said:

I now need someone to make a full edit of "We Are Number One", but as the Clans trying to capture Terra. Someone with video editing skills, get on it. ASAP.

You can try doing it yourself with Lightworks. It only took me a few minutes to make to make that video above.

#7 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:38 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 21 January 2017 - 11:33 PM, said:

You can try doing it yourself with Lightworks. It only took me a few minutes to make to make that video above.

I've wanted to get into video editing for awhile now, but every time I go hunting for a program, all I find are programs that cost stupid amounts of watermark city. Same reason I don't usually mess with recording my matches.

#8 Kasumi Sumika

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:44 PM

We are number one but "Number One" is replaced by "CLAN JADE FALCON"

#9 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:51 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 21 January 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

I've wanted to get into video editing for awhile now, but every time I go hunting for a program, all I find are programs that cost stupid amounts of watermark city. Same reason I don't usually mess with recording my matches.

I used Fraps when I recorded this. One of the really nice thing about Lightworks is that it doesn't use any watermarks to spam you into buying their software. However since it is free, you are limited to only a few features and 30 minutes of video to publish (But by the time you are done recording, editing, inserting stupid memes, etc. You won't nearly use half of that). Not sure with what you can find out there for free gaming recording software. Just try recording a match and mess around with it. I'm still learning about video editing myself, but it's alot of fun and pretty rewarding.

#10 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:51 PM

View PostKasumi Sumika, on 21 January 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

We are number one but "Number One" is replaced by "CLAN JADE FALCON"

Never been a fan of the "number one is replaced with" part of the meme. Needs to be a proper, clean edit of the song to be good IMO.

#11 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:52 PM

What we need is the "Ludicrous speed" scene from Space Balls, but with Dark Helmet being the PXH-3S, the Locust being Colonel Sanders, the various grunts represented by Commandos, Lone Star becoming an Atlas, and Barf turning into a Dire Wolf.

#12 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:56 PM

They had a reasoning. It just isn't the best one. They went more by usage.

It's an online game. Balance is going to be a persistent thing. It just comes with the territory, especially in a PVP game. Arguably Riot has a better team for balance, but they still keep changing things. Though at this point. It would be nice if they hired someone with experience in balancing PvP games, preferably ones that saw an improvement in that regard.

#13 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:01 AM

Posted Image

#14 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:09 AM

You know, it also occurs to me that the video is a perfect kiddie version of the Battle for Trell I. The Rotten's are the Jade Falcons trying to catch Victor (Whoever that blue guy is), and the little girl is Galen Cox saving his ***.

#15 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:25 AM

To be fair, MWO's balance is probably at its best, right now. Doesn't mean balance is anywhere near perfect, but compared to previous years? Yeah.

Edited by El Bandito, 22 January 2017 - 03:27 AM.

#16 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 22 January 2017 - 03:25 AM, said:

To be fair, MWO's balance is probably at its best, right now. Doesn't mean balance is anywhere near perfect, but compared to previous years? Yeah.

I disagree. I've played this game back in closed beta in 2012 and felt that it was more balanced with IS vs IS tech. That's probably the main reason why they are reverting to the 3025 tech era in MW5:Mercs since it is more realistic to balance with strictly IS tech. The more PGI tinkers and nerfs clan tech, the less they feel like clan mechs overall. I'm gonna laugh if the Mad Cat MK.2 gets nerfed to oblivion after it's released for over performing and "being a good mech" overall. Good mechs in MW:O shouldn't be punished if they are downright good mechs in Battletech.

It's kind of ironic how hard the IS Warhammer got hit with the nerf hammer with the latest patch. Like IS mechs need any nerfs to begin with. Someone seriously needs to get fired in the dev balancing department.

#17 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:25 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 22 January 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

That's probably the main reason why they are reverting to the 3025 tech era in MW5:Mercs since it is more realistic to balance with strictly IS tech.
I'm not entirely sure about this. You could be right, but MW5 is going to be strictly singleplayer and in a singleplayer game balance is not quite as important as it is in a multiplayer game.

#18 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:32 PM

Posted Image

#19 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:45 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 22 January 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

Posted Image

The warning was there my friend. Posted Image

#20 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:16 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 21 January 2017 - 11:33 PM, said:

To bad Lightworks, like most 'professional' video software, is an incomprehensible mess that takes a 7 minute video tutorial just to learn how to cut a clip down.

The search for free video editing software that was designed to be used by someone who wasn't going to dedicate 40 hours to learning shortcuts continues.

EDIT: Hell, Lightworks seems to be the worst software I've come across lately, actually. I just tried to play a single 1 minute video, and it started choking on the video 10 seconds in. The hell is this mess?

Edited by Bombast, 22 January 2017 - 01:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users