Let's Talk: Nova Champion Discussion

121 replies to this topic

#121 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

I don't think a one-trick pony like the 12xSL Nova with it's limited range and difficult heat management is a good trial mech.

#122 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:57 PM

View Postzudukai, on 26 March 2017 - 04:26 AM, said:

you really should be firing all 6 medium lasers, chain firing only gives your enemy more time to do damage back to you, chain firing is only good in emergency situations when you have a full heat bar and still need to do damage.

instead, get your damage out, so you can focus again on shielding damage and piloting.

With that mech, I find it easier to manage heat with two weapon groups, each set with 3 ERMLs (one arm). From there, I can just click both mouse buttons for an alpha, or I can stagger them in bursts based on arms. This not only permits good heat control at times, but if one arm is blocked you can just not shoot it.

View PostBluttrunken, on 26 March 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

I don't think a one-trick pony like the 12xSL Nova with it's limited range and difficult heat management is a good trial mech.

I will comment that the selection process is over. The new Champions are already in the game, and in this thread's case the 6 ERMLs and 3 AMS build is the new Champion.

Although I agree with you overall points, I also feel that the 12 ERSL Nova presented here would have made a fine Champion build, but that the 3 AMS build was just better in the concept of new players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users