Bushwacker Builds!

85 replies to this topic

#41 Guile Votoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:32 PM

I call it the Gausswacker. Not bad but a bit too sluggish and low on ammo, so I'm hoping for light gauss from the tech upgrade.

Posted Image

#42 Grinster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:43 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 28 January 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

This is the one that's gonna be elite skilled first given the games I'm getting out of it.

The Green Machine - BSW-X2

Runs cool enough to alpha over and over for 37 seconds before overheat becomes a factor. For most combat that means no need to carry a cool shot consumable.

Minor nit. Replace AMS Ammo with MG Ammo.

#43 Willothius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 187 posts
  • LocationThe Great Mechbay In The Sky.

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:21 AM

Well guys, can't believe no one put up The MOST AWESOME build yet, so here it goes:
4x AC2 on the X1 is super fun! It's great ;)

#44 Shadey99

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:30 AM

View PostWillothius, on 31 January 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

Well guys, can't believe no one put up The MOST AWESOME build yet, so here it goes:
4x AC2 on the X1 is super fun! It's great Posted Image

I've considered that, but I think it would really need the firing macro to do right. With the macro I bet it would chew people up.

#45 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:53 AM

View PostLupis Volk, on 24 January 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

Anyone got builds for the X2? I'm at a loss for what to do with it.

BSW-X2

That's what I've been using on my X2, and she's been doing alright, also one of the few Bushwackers that seem to make it till the end of the match too.

#46 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:34 AM

Have to say, about 30 games in I was very disappointed with the Bushwacker. I had a couple decent games but largely died too quickly and did too little damage. Eventually I found some builds which work very well for me. Regular 500-600 dmg with the resultant kills and assists. Nearly broke 1000 with the S2 but ran out of ammo (subsequently modified build to take 600 SRM ammo instead of 500).

BSW-S2

Fun build, fast enough to poke and deal significant damage with SRM24, 2ML for a bit of range and pin point damage to finish mechs battered by SRMs off

BSW-X1

Need to try to play in a fire support role and be a force multiplier for assaults, shoot what they shoot, keep secondary targets suppressed

BSW-X2

Mixed build with good range through Gauss but when close in can brawl enough to make a difference

Edited by Musashi Alexander, 31 January 2017 - 10:36 AM.

#47 Willothius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:59 PM

View PostShadey99, on 31 January 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

I've considered that, but I think it would really need the firing macro to do right. With the macro I bet it would chew people up.

Don't need a macro for that, there's no ghost heat on them anymore!
Set up fire groups for individual AC2s; if you've got a distracted target, group fire for maximum face melt, or when engaged use chainfire for maximum screen shake!
I run XL260 so it's not fast, but it can stay at range, and if I have to face off, they really can't aim well enough to fight back and often back off.
I carry 6,5 ton ammo, and often have nothing left if I'm still alive at end.
Around 400-500 dmg mostly, with peak games of 700+ dmg.
Try it yourselves!

#48 Shadey99

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

View PostWillothius, on 31 January 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

Don't need a macro for that, there's no ghost heat on them anymore!
Set up fire groups for individual AC2s; if you've got a distracted target, group fire for maximum face melt, or when engaged use chainfire for maximum screen shake!

It's not about heat, it's about maximizing the firing cycle. I can duplicate it roughly by hand, but we are talking about a fifth of a second for the optimal timing.

#49 A_Velociraptor

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:05 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 29 January 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

There's 18 bonus armor on the right arm anyway. But 2.5 tons of ammo is a trifle excessive for 3 MGs. Also why not a 280XL ? Same weight as the 275 and bumps the speed up slightly.

I am not using a 280 cause i don't have the C-bills for the XL engines i just bought three locusts because they only cost me about 3mil all together to buy them. I might take out a ton of ammo from each maybe even 1.5 from the SRM's to get maybe a 290 or 295 in it once i get the money after i get at least one XL 190 for the locusts. Here is what i plan on doing when i have the C-Bills for the XL 305.

Edited by A_Velociraptor, 31 January 2017 - 09:14 PM.

#50 Willothius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:14 AM

View PostShadey99, on 31 January 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

It's not about heat, it's about maximizing the firing cycle. I can duplicate it roughly by hand, but we are talking about a fifth of a second for the optimal timing.

Ah I see, ok, well I still prefer manual triggering, as sometimes I do want to group fire them all for concentrated dmg (see above), or only 1/2 guns to shoot round corners/allies or over cover (nothing's better than moving out of cover WHILE shooting only those guns that have LOS).
No macro gives you that freedom, so unless it's to ride the ghost heat threshold I tend to avoid them.

#51 Veolfen

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:28 PM

After a good amount of games, my best builds are :

-My double LBX10+2 ML Bushwacker, good in mid & short range. Just a real beast. Always go 500+ with it, and did a lot of 650+ damages in my last games with it.

-The 2 LPL/2 MPL Bushwacker. The easy to use wacker, good poking for short time exposure. Good heat efficiency & decent in brawl.

-The LBX10 + 1 ER Large + 3 LRM Bushwacker. If mid range poke is available, laser + LBX does the job well. At long range laser + LRM. Never reached scores as high as i do in the 2 previous builds, but this one is pretty stable and gives a good 400+ in almost every match.

The STD wacker is kind of disapointing. Big lack of firepower, even if it can loose STs. Loosing firepower for durability make it useless, if he loose a ST, he will still loose a firepower (which isn't that high at first) Better be more useful in a short amount of time instead of trying to do long fights, especially since half of the games end up being one team crushing the other one.

Edited by Veolfen, 06 February 2017 - 01:32 PM.

#52 Vetal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 500 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:00 PM

2med lasers, lbx10 + 3ammo, 4srm4 +4.5ammo, Stock engine, no heatsinks in engine, no modules.

Result(stable):
Posted Image

In last match locust and me kicked kodiak's *** together.

Edited by Vetal, 07 February 2017 - 02:02 PM.

#53 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:03 PM

View PostWillothius, on 31 January 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

4x AC2 on the X1 is super fun! It's great Posted Image

I was wondering if anyone else was running AC/2's on this baby. I did some experimenting though, wasn't a fan of what I'd have to sacrifice for 4 AC/2's, and thus I came up with this baby here.

BSW-X1 "Apache"

1 LPLas, 3 AC/2's, and a XL 280 engine. Just gave her a proper test run, and it actually went quite well. Ran a bit low on rounds, but that's probably because I use ADHD Fire Control for streamfire and waste shots more often than not. As soon as Mechspecs comes back online I'm going to post the build there.

#54 bongschur

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNuremburg, Germany

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

x2 (light mech hunter):

engine: xl275
weaponry: ssrm6 (x3), medpl (x2), mg (x3)
electronics: bap

#55 Trissila

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 439 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:06 PM

I've been having a blast with this BSW-X2.

Once you've got it skilled out properly, you can dump the RAC-5s until they jam without overheating, then hold down the triggers on the pulse lasers and still cool down a bit while you wait for the cannons to un-jam. The MPLAS also give you a good option for dealing with pesky lights if you have trouble hitting them with the RACs or if you're running too hot; unless you're on a super-hot map firing just the lasers is actually heat-negative, and even on hot maps it's pretty close to neutral.

Everything's in the nose, and you don't have any launcher ears, so it's pretty XL-safe and decent at hill-humping. It really emphasizes being a Bushwacker, though; you don't want to trade against a line with it. You want to either score a sick flank, or fight in the shadow of something juicier (like an assault or a clan heavy) to keep the pressure off of you while you unload those gatling guns. Twin RAC-5s is a terrifying amount of DPS for a medium 'mech.

If you do have to straight-up fight something, just make sure it's got less DPS than you (not hard) and can't one- or two-shot you to the CT (a bit tougher) and commit. You'd be surprised what you can stare down and win, especially if they're already hurting.

Edited by Trissila, 23 October 2017 - 08:09 PM.

#56 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:22 AM

Seems like a lot of classic builds for the Bushwacker use an XL-engine, but the mech is such a long boye that it seems to lose its side torsos easily. I've only just got the chassis but I've been having some fantastic matches with LF engines.

LFE 280 - 2x RAC5

LFE 270 - SRM24 (Really wish I got the P1 instead but oh well...)

STD 280 - LBX AC/20 <- This is so stupid and I love it.

Edited by Alcom Isst, 24 October 2017 - 07:23 AM.

#57 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

Tried the X2 with both the RAC/5 and the LB-10X, the X2 is the perfect machine for the RAC/5 but the LB-10X suits my play style better when dealing with poke builds and pop-tarts

#58 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:56 PM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 24 October 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

STD 280 - LBX AC/20 <- This is so stupid and I love it.

BSW-X2 2xLB10-X + SNPPC bit same but better range(smaller spread) and no burn time weapons, OFC STD --> XL but the build is easy to spread incoming damage.
Easily my favorite bushwacker build. If I remember correctly X1 has the best quirks for this build.

#59 Heavenward

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

One build that i enjoy is a LFE 280, AC20, Snub nose PPC, TC1 and 4 tons of ammo, with armour stripped from the arms as required.

I spec'ed for max survival, mobility and firepower but be sure to pick up the ammo increasing quirks.

The end result is a tanky as heck mech with good pinpoint punch, great for brawling. I've faced tanked many assaults with this mech its so much fun.

Best part is that i can be done with the X1 X2 P2 & HR but be sure to put the Snub-Nose PPC in the centre torso and AC20 in one of the torso's.

#60 Kerint96

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

Hello guys.

I'm thinking about getting bushwacker and thinking about this build for it ?
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e0420ed63fd5c9c

What u think about it, would it work ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users