• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:01 PM

View Posttutzdes, on 11 December 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

Hi, fellow mech warriors!

I'm new here (first post!) and my only mech is BSW-X2. My current builds are 2xUAC/5+2xMPL and 2xRAC5 ones. The engine is stock XL275. Works ok, it seems.

I plan experiment a bit with BSW-X2 loadouts and want to ask which are viable (for a newbie). 2xGauss? 2xAC/20? A mix of these with something maybe? Putting the missiles into side torso looks like a neon sign: 'I got an XL and want die, shoot me here!' - is that so?

Some weapons and playstyles would require to convert to LE (any SE is crazy heavy for our BSW, is it?). Engines cost a lot, so does any other mech go with LE stock, so I could just buy it and swap around parts while having a two mechs at once. Is it even possible to swap parts like that?

Whoops, that's a lot of questions. Any help will be appreciated :}

Double Gauss/AC20 are a bit too heavy for the Bushwacker. I think the 250/255LFE and 280LFE are two good engines to have for the Bushwacker. The 250 or 255 will have your top speed around 75kph while the 280 is in the low 80s. Below are a few builds that I like tweaked to the 250LFE (first two links) and 280LFE (last two links). Note all my builds use smurfy to max armour ratings; I don't tweak front/back settings. Put as little armour on the back as you're comfortable with and the rest on the front.

BSW-X2 (Dual AC10)
BSW-X2 (Dual LB10Xes)
BSW-X2 (AC20+SNPPC)
BSW-X2 (Deadside SRM6+Artemis)

You may notice the 280LFE options use closer ranged weaponry and AMS; they're designed to use the Bushwacker's armour quirks to close aggressively and bully your enemies into making mistakes while the AMS covers you if you get targeted by missiles from a distance.

Finally here's an MRM build I haven't tried (I normally use my BSW-P1 and BSW-S2 as my missile boats) but should work: BSW-X2. You use the MRM20s for distance damage, and when people get close fire the MPLs and LMGs.

Also of note, while it's just my personal preference on all my Bushwacker builds that have the main weapons in the torsos I lock my arms (using the [ button default) so that I don't have my arm reticule pointing at a different spot than my torso weapons.

Finally, don't completely discount a standard engine build on your Bushwacker. With the two energy hardpoints you can lose most of your mech (up to both arms, both side torsos, and one leg) and still be both standing and firing your weapons. Here's a simple standard engine build I whipped up: BSW-X2. Perfectly viable simple build that is hard to kill.

#82 tutzdes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 445 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:55 PM

Thank you, people, for help.

I tried AC20+SNPPC build, you both suggested, aaand it absolutely rocks! Maybe it is just me and my WoT habits, but it works really-really well and is super-fun.

I'll definitely try other builds you proposed after getting some C-Bills.

#83 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:16 AM

Since the sales are up, if I were to only be able to get 1 Variant of BSW, which would you guys recommend?

#84 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:55 AM

View PostZh0u, on 16 December 2017 - 02:16 AM, said:

Since the sales are up, if I were to only be able to get 1 Variant of BSW, which would you guys recommend?

I like the P2. You can carry two AC10 or LB10-X guns in the side torsos if you downgrade the engine to an XL240. Two tons of ammo for each gun. As backup, you can carry two ML's for the LB10-X build (or more ammo), or carry two erSL's for the AC10 build. A bit of armour shaving here and there and you're good to go.

I know it's not laser vomit, but it is quite effective.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 16 December 2017 - 05:56 AM.

#85 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:58 AM

View PostCFC Conky, on 16 December 2017 - 05:55 AM, said:

I like the P2. You can carry two AC10 or LB10-X guns in the side torsos if you downgrade the engine to an XL240. Two tons of ammo for each gun. As backup, you can carry two ML's for the LB10-X build (or more ammo), or carry two erSL's for the AC10 build. A bit of armour shaving here and there and you're good to go.

I know it's not laser vomit, but it is quite effective.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Sounds good. I am more inclined to the P2 as well. :)

#86 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:24 PM

Hello all,

I'm having lots of fun with this BSW-P2 build and surprisingly, I'm pulling in better numbers than a lot of my heavy mechs, and even a few of my assaults. Full speed tweak and 17 nodes in survivability (armour hardening mostly), 60% radar dep and 100m seismic.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...70574bcaa8b7113

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 27 December 2017 - 03:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users