2017 Reinforcement Variants Options (Concept Models Inside!)

61 replies to this topic

#1 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:00 PM

So we all know the big news of new mechs and tech being announced in the next few weeks (about 5 or 6 weeks away). These are to be added to MWO during the summer (presume around June/July?)

But anyway down to business...With the new mechs being added I figure we could bring in more reinforcements for each side for existing mechs. To start off, at least 8 new variants to be added (1 for each weight class for each side).

I am still working on the Inner Sphere selections BUT I do have the Clan options I think pretty pat down to 4 solid choices.

-Inner Sphere Reinforcements-
Jagermech JM7-D
Posted Image

Victor VTR-10L
Posted Image

-Clan Reinforcements-
Mist Lynx F
Posted Image

Shadow Cat C
Posted Image

Shadow Cat H
Posted Image

Stormcrow E
Posted Image

Mad Dog D
Posted Image

Warhawk D
Posted Image

Dire Wolf C
Posted Image

Special thanks to Andi Nagasia for the concept models!

Edited by CK16, 30 January 2017 - 06:40 PM.

#2 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:02 PM

Posted Image

Mist lynx needs it though.

Edited by Snazzy Dragon, 28 January 2017 - 02:02 PM.

#3 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:03 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 28 January 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

Posted Image

With advancing the time line "power creep" will be a thing....and giving current chassis updates will help keep them relevant...IS has some good options as well but need to narrow down the options at the higher weight classes.

#4 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:19 PM

Warhawk Delta. Has a 2E RT, 1E CT, an ATM9 on one arm, and a UAC10 on the other.

#5 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:26 PM

I support the inclusion of these variant :)

#6 LanXang

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

I'd pay $20 just for that Mist Lynx as a new Clan hero....

#7 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:40 AM

View PostLanXang, on 29 January 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

I'd pay $20 just for that Mist Lynx as a new Clan hero....

Does not even need to be a hero, PGI has done reinforcement variants in the normal store for money for a few months then switch them over to Cbills/MC. Previous examples are the Timberwolf D and A, I think Direwolf S and ect. So it is something they can do easily.

#8 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:01 PM

Variants seems nice, mostly the Mist Lynx it will help it alot, but more interessted how will they handle ATM's and Heavy Lasers(Mostly this because of the sheer powercreep they bring, and will break a few mechs that can handle extreme heat.)

#9 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:05 PM

Honestly, just the Mad Dog getting CT lasers would make me really happy. Then I could outfit myself the Vulture III.

#10 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:38 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 29 January 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

Honestly, just the Mad Dog getting CT lasers would make me really happy. Then I could outfit myself the Vulture III.

I'd personally rather see it as a separate chassis. They could remove the lower arm actuators for it to have the high-mounted arms.

Also, wouldn't it be cool AF if the CT lasers were in a turret? One that used the arm-crosshair instead of the torso-crosshair?
(It could also set a precedent for the Wolverine's chin-turret to be made the same).
Posted Image

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 29 January 2017 - 01:40 PM.

#11 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 29 January 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

I'd personally rather see it as a separate chassis. They could remove the lower arm actuators for it to have the high-mounted arms.

Also, wouldn't it be cool AF if the CT lasers were in a turret? One that used the arm-crosshair instead of the torso-crosshair?
(It could also set a precedent for the Wolverine's chin-turret to be made the same).

If I thought PGI could make it work, I'd gladly petition for it to be the same as the turret on the Vulture II. I just don't know if PGI can pull it off.

#12 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:44 AM

what about:
Posted Image
clearly an update of the Hellbringer Posted Image

#13 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:14 AM

I love it, there are some chassis that clearly need a version with torso hardpoints, that need a little love on hardpoint placement and hitbox/model configuration, and I think the reinforcements should make those mechs relevant again where possible.

I'd rather have a brief pay-to-optimize situation for a handful of older mechs with serious handicaps than leave them obsolete.

#14 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:21 AM

cool, more tennis bat MLX style, o make sure those arms blow up first to create the fastes MWO zombie available

just gimme NVA-U pods

#15 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:23 AM

I got some goodies on the way :D a few IS options late choosen now. And I got a few extra Clan ad well that could if anything else be loyalty rewards for this year :D

#16 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:01 AM

I don't know if the forums are ready for a Dire Whale with CT ECM. I'm not sure anyone has a flame shield strong enough to survive that inferno. Whether or not one personally thinks the Whale is still relevant or not, giving the Badyear Blimp ECM is just kinda asking for it, isn't it?

On a related but inverted sort of note...can you call it 'power creep' if it's occurring on a chassis like the Mist Lynx, that's basically a forumwide joke for...well, the opposite of power creep? Admittedly, doubling the Stormcrow's torso energy count seems possibly ill-advised, but nobody likes Stormcrows anymore so hey, but...can you really call power creep on anything at all that they give the Mist Lynx?

#17 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:26 AM

View Post1453 R, on 30 January 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

I don't know if the forums are ready for a Dire Whale with CT ECM. I'm not sure anyone has a flame shield strong enough to survive that inferno. Whether or not one personally thinks the Whale is still relevant or not, giving the Badyear Blimp ECM is just kinda asking for it, isn't it?

On a related but inverted sort of note...can you call it 'power creep' if it's occurring on a chassis like the Mist Lynx, that's basically a forumwide joke for...well, the opposite of power creep? Admittedly, doubling the Stormcrow's torso energy count seems possibly ill-advised, but nobody likes Stormcrows anymore so hey, but...can you really call power creep on anything at all that they give the Mist Lynx?

Really don't see it as a big issue considering that it would be locked to one varriant only (no torso or arm ECM ect). It might give the DWF a better support role and a center piece for a defensive firing line to post around. Plus sure it might be paywall for a bit, but let's not forget the TBR-A was for awhile as well. I would prefer this go into the store and not a loyalty reward. Also let's not forget it had fixed JJ's in each torso, not always something good to have.

I just don't see how that would be a huge issues and why there would be that many flames. I know more people scared of the missile arms cause lul LRMboating Direwolf now would be a thing.

On regards of the others imo it makes the Mist Lynx now kinda scary, Stormcrow would just get 2 more energy hard points, granted yes might be able the strip both arms to run a loadout in the torsos only. Mad Dog, juse a unique option, really wouldn't make it much better besides could maybe energy boat better (but lul laser vomit Mad Dog? )

Edited by CK16, 30 January 2017 - 08:29 AM.

#18 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

View PostCK16, on 30 January 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

Really don't see it as a big issue considering that it would be locked to one varriant only (no torso or arm ECM ect). It might give the DWF a better support role and a center piece for a defensive firing line to post around. Plus sure it might be paywall for a bit, but let's not forget the TBR-A was for awhile as well. I would prefer this go into the store and not a loyalty reward. Also let's not forget it had fixed JJ's in each torso, not always something good to have.

'One variant only' doesn't really work for OmniMechs the way it does for BattleMechs. A Whale-C CT can take the pods from everywhere else and be mostly whatever it wants short of a Direstar, which is one reason why so many people have such a huge problem with ECM on Clan 'Mechs. Even if ECM isn't half as powerful as it used to be. All you really do is render most of the other variants moot, with the exception of folks who want the ones with piles of CT weapon hardpoints. Elsewise the C becomes the de facto 'standard' Dire Whale.

Also I've just realized that Piranha seriously missed an opportunity when they released a Dire Whale Hero and it wasn't "Moby ****" with a white waves-style pain scheme. I am sad now.

View PostCK16, on 30 January 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

On regards of the others imo it makes the Mist Lynx now kinda scary, Stormcrow would just get 2 more energy hard points, granted yes might be able the strip both arms to run a loadout in the torsos only. Mad Dog, juse a unique option, really wouldn't make it much better besides could maybe energy boat better (but lul laser vomit Mad Dog? )

An 8E Mist Lynx with torso ECM is still a Mist Lynx. A much better one, yes, but unless it comes with unlocking the head Active Probe (or some means of making the head probe play nice with ECM) you end up with half-wasted tonnage. Seven heavy lasers is vastly too much heat for an MLX to handle; it'd be stripped down to 8x cERSL in no time flat. Which, don't get me wrong, would be great! I like how the Mist Lynx pilots and I'd love to try a cERSL-boat MLX with ECM, but I'm not sure 'scary' is ever a word someone will use to describe that 'Mech.

The Stormcrow is not so much "meh it only gets two more [E]" as "oh fack, now this thing gets 5E total in the torso!" Remember, the Stormcrow used to be a vicious violent Bogeyman nobody wanted to deal with, with one of its few weaknesses being a reliance on arm-mounted gear Two extra torso hardpoints for a 2x cLPL/3x cMPL loadout sans the arms? Sure! Let's Make Stormcrows Great Again! ...y'know, until we get a horde of "CREEEEP!" posts on the forums, anyways.

And yeah, the Doge D is just a flat-out upgrade compared to all the Doges that don't get CT hardpoints. 'Laser boat Doge lulz" isn't the point so much as "CT-mount TAG Doge/Doge-that-still-has-gunz-after-losing-its-junk" is. I'd consider two CT E a very potent upgrade for the chassis, whether or not you consider it terrifying now. Me, I'd consider it somewhat similar to the MLX thing, save that the Doge actually does have semi-terrifying fits available to it already. People would kvetch.

People always kvetch...

#19 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:49 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 29 January 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

Posted Image

Funny in universe bit about that version of the Mad Dog.... It actually does exist, but it is not an Omni-mech... The Ghost Bear Dominion retooled an IS factory to produce it using tech and materials common in the IS, for their newly integrated IS pilots from the former KungsArmé. That being said it was built to Clan specs, even if it is an IS mech..

Edit:

As to how they got to Kentares IV I'll never know.... they were only produced in the Dominion for the Dominion... And this was at a time, when only the Combine and the Hell's Horses were dumb enough to pick a fight with the Dominion....

Edited by Metus regem, 30 January 2017 - 08:52 AM.

#20 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

I agree, it seems there is always that crowd that will cry paywall, or power creep to any additional variants. And imo best addition for new varriants bring in new loadout options which by thier definition do start adding something to the chassis. Expecially in the case of Omnimechs and new pods. It doesn't matter to some if it's different and behind a pay wall at first it will bring tears of the "pay to win" mentality (which btw, has PGI every released a mech or new.varriant for free right off the bat besides when the game first came out?).

But imo the mentality of don't add it cause it would be op or invalidate another mech currently is annoying. They can always balance these options to have draw backs if broken up the omipod set ect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users