62 replies to this topic

#41 Hanky Spam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:44 AM

View PostNighthawK1337, on 03 February 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

First time seeing a cazidin thread I see....

I admit he got me, but to my excuse I am not a forum warrior who knows everyone here Posted Image

#42 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:26 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 03 February 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

Posted Image

I'm going to assume the reason I don't understand whatever you're saying is because I desperately need sleep. I'm going to go and attempt to remedy that.

Apparently there's a Word of Blake like chapter dedicated to me and my joke-posting now. I shall be applying for tax exemption at my earliest convenience.

#43 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:57 AM

Stop... just stop.

Realistically, the only thing the gauss NEEDS is to get rid of the charge up (and increase total cool down time to 6 seconds?). If PGI feels generous, then increase the range back to 3X and increase health back to 10. Tonnage, damage, slots, etc, that is all good to go.

Oh, and it should be the fastest projectile in the game without question. Once the light gauss arrives on scene I can see the range being reduced to 2X in order to give the light gauss its due, bit until then....

but as is... the gauss is overly restricted.

#44 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:59 AM

There is no middle finger big enough.

#45 Ghostrider0067

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 397 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationChandler, AZ, USA

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:16 AM

Posted Image

#46 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:22 AM

How about no - gauss is already handicapped enough with charge delay and explosions. PPCs are also the hottest energy weapon by far and there are some many hit reg issues with them. I see them sail right through mechs all too often.

Edited by Steel Claws, 04 February 2017 - 10:43 AM.

#47 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:14 AM

View PostBrenden, on 04 February 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

There is, but you'll need to summon Galactus. I don't think you want that!

View PostGhostrider0067, on 04 February 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

Posted Image

That is adorable!

#48 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,827 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:18 AM

People still taking this seriously, man the Word of Cazadin have really outdone himself with this one.

This thread deserve something nice.

Posted Image

#49 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:23 AM

View PostBrenden, on 04 February 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

Are you sure this one wouldn't work?

Posted Image

#50 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:29 AM

@OP

No. We did the PPC nerf too and that was so stupid.

Looking over past nerfs you could remove the Gauss de-sync phase charge-up and just not allow PPCs and Gauss to be fired together. Better yet increase the the damage resistance of the mechs to the level they had in previous MechWarrior games and remove all the weapon nerfs.

MWO balance is pretty good though if you can take Gauss and PPCs or SRMs and Medium lasers, or LBX and LRMs and do just as well. That's what we have now. Just because many players like some long range combat with Gauss Rifles or PPCs doesn't mean they are over-powered or something that needs to be removed. It just means that's how they like to play MWO.

Wait till the tier 2 weapons show up. The meta rants will be non-stop!

#51 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:46 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 04 February 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

Wait till the tier 2 weapons show up. The meta rants will be non-stop!

Unless... we pre-emptively nerf them! Thanks for the idea, Lightfoot!

P.S. PGI. If you're reading this. DO NOT DO THIS!

Edited by cazidin, 04 February 2017 - 12:08 PM.

#52 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:50 AM

View Postcazidin, on 04 February 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

Unless... we pre-emptively nerf them! BRILLIANT! Thanks for the idea, Lightfoot!

****. Don't do it. The new tech is my only real happy place with this game right now, don't taint it. At least wait until they've launched to make on of your threads about them. I'm begging you as one fanboy to another. Don't do this to me.

#53 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:53 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 04 February 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

****. Don't do it. The new tech is my only real happy place with this game right now, don't taint it. At least wait until they've launched to make on of your threads about them. I'm begging you as one fanboy to another. Don't do this to me.

Don't beg, Sir Restos the Third. You need only ask. I give you my word that no thread shall be made in jest by me or my apparently loyal order to even suggest the potential for pre-emptively nerfing new tech. I cannot promise that PGI won't, because PGI is PGI, but if they DO I can also promise to light that dumpster-island fire alongside you and other ForumWarriors.

Actually, I've edited the original post to reflect the fact that I, too, do NOT want PGI to even remotely consider it on a joking basis and may make a thread specifically dedicated to seriously discussing how the new the tech will be implemented by PGI and how to correctly balance it.

Edited by cazidin, 04 February 2017 - 12:08 PM.

#54 OmniFail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 438 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:13 AM

Really there is only one way to fix it all.

Light mechs should only be able to carry a Gauss or a PPC. Medium mechs should always carry one Gauss and one PPC. Heavy mechs should all come stock with one Gauss and two PPCs. And finally all Assaults should come with two Guass and two PPCs.

In this way we will all GitGUD and be meta as !@#$.

#55 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:00 AM

The only thing that I would like changed (I wouldn't even really call it "fixed") with the Gauss Rifle is how much damage it does on explosion. The current explosion damage makes it difficult to use on lighter mediums or lights without annihilating the mech (even ones where the Gauss is mounted in the arm).

If the Gauss Rifle damage HAS to stay where it is, at least allow my mechs to equip CASE in the arm (with the rifle) to stop damage from transferring to the side torso in IS mechs. Mechs like the Phoenix Hawk and Vindicator 1X a long with others. Sure it is a 1/2 ton penalty of sorts, but I'm willing to deal with it.

#56 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:08 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 06 February 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

The only thing that I would like changed (I wouldn't even really call it "fixed") with the Gauss Rifle is how much damage it does on explosion. The current explosion damage makes it difficult to use on lighter mediums or lights without annihilating the mech (even ones where the Gauss is mounted in the arm).

If the Gauss Rifle damage HAS to stay where it is, at least allow my mechs to equip CASE in the arm (with the rifle) to stop damage from transferring to the side torso in IS mechs. Mechs like the Phoenix Hawk and Vindicator 1X a long with others. Sure it is a 1/2 ton penalty of sorts, but I'm willing to deal with it.

#CaseIIOrBust

#57 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:19 AM

Obviously these gauss rifle fixes will be implemented just in time for the Blood Asp and Mad Cat MK II to go on sale for c bills ;)

#58 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:35 AM

View Postcazidin, on 03 February 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors. Today I have a simple idea. Let's nerf Gauss Rifles again.....

Posted Image

#59 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,467 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:46 AM

Gauss and PPC aren't the problem, jump jets are. Don't let mechs shoot weapons while their in the air and then you can buff jump jets properly for what are they designed for: mobility.

#60 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,827 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:50 AM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 06 February 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

Gauss and PPC aren't the problem, jump jets are. Don't let mechs shoot weapons while their in the air and then you can buff jump jets properly for what are they designed for: mobility.

That's stupid, if I have sights of a baddie while in mid air I should be able to pop with some pepe c's and some goose walfes. And it's difficult enough with the cockpit shake just to get a accurate shot off a guy while poptarting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users