59 replies to this topic

#1 Boss Awesome

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 233 posts
  • LocationBellingham WA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

I was just curious if any one else was planning on piloting the Kurita Catapult variant (CPLT-K2). You can check the stats here http://mwowiki.org/i...?title=Catapult. You give up the LRMs and Jumpjets for 2 PPCs and switch 2 medium lasers out for machine guns. Sounds like fun to me at least.

#2 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

Not I. It's all well and good, and at least one guy from my unit seems to think he'll use it, but it's just not my style. Too slow/big.

#3 EmCeeMendez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

Depending on how the hardpoint system works, this will be the only way I'll use the Founder's Cat.

#4 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

I think I will.

#5 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

View PostEmCeeMendez, on 20 July 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

Depending on how the hardpoint system works, this will be the only way I'll use the Founder's Cat.

You don't get K2 as a founder, only C1 with rocket launchers. :blink:

#6 Stunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 236 posts
  • LocationNM

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

I have the founders cat but I may purchase the k2 as well to substitute for the mad when I feel like blasting away with ppcs.

#7 EmCeeMendez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostAdridos, on 20 July 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

You don't get K2 as a founder, only C1 with rocket launchers. ;)

In that case I'll probably never use it then. Unfortunate.

#8 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

View PostBoss Awesome, on 20 July 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

I was just curious if any one else was planning on piloting the Kurita Catapult variant (CPLT-K2). You can check the stats here http://mwowiki.org/i...?title=Catapult. You give up the LRMs and Jumpjets for 2 PPCs and switch 2 medium lasers out for machine guns. Sounds like fun to me at least.

I might go with a C4, it has more LRMs which can be useful for support.

Maybe I'd pick up a Catapult with LRM-10s, shocking it might sound like, but give it ER Large Lasers.

#9 Gingo

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:53 AM

If I ever pilot a Catapult, it would be this variant (as I am mediocre at best with rockets).

However, there are better mechs for such a config, so probably not.

#10 Steel Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Locationgood old Germany

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

I plan on using a K2. I'll try to make a Penetrator "light" out of it :-)

#11 StainlessSR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 443 posts
  • LocationSunShine State

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

I want to go with the K2, in the Mechlab screenshot that shows the K2 the arm hard-points are 2 energy so that allows some room for customization. http://cf.shacknews....ab_03_22052.jpg

#12 Tibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

i am but not sure that version or mod versikn of it .. have to see how i like it ... i like range or upclose so how game goes ill see ;)

#13 Dax Frey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

View PostEmCeeMendez, on 20 July 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

In that case I'll probably never use it then. Unfortunate.

Well the C1 comes with 2 lrm 15 racks and 4 medium lasers...I dont know what your plans with the K2 are, but i'd imagine you might be able to modify the C1 to something similar to the K2...minus machine guns of course.

I imagine you will be able to remove the launchers, remove 2 medium lasers, add some PPC's. and call it a K1.5

aside from that looking at the C1 in stock form, it actually doesn't look too bad stock.

This is all conjecture however, based off the mechlab video and that the C1 is known publicly to exist in game

#14 Vunguard13

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

Depending on how sluggish the Awesome is, I might give it a shot, though I'm more interested in the Dragon-1C personally.

My problem with the Catapult has always been lack of heavy direct fire, and the K2 sounds like just what the doctor ordered. But, at that point I might as well get something heavier, Awesome or Atlas. In fact, in that line I may as well get a Stalker before a Catapult, they serve the same purpose and one is harder hitting. Win-win

#15 Kell Draygo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 884 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

It will depend on how good PPCs are compared to LRMs in this game.

#16 Gidion

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

I will own the catapult as it was included with the founder pack, but i doubt i will play with it much. Im just not much of a fan of the way it looks, it just doesent look that tough to me. I may play it though and absolutely love it though so i havent wrote it off completely yet.

#17 Kell Draygo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 884 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

I concur with that, to me the iconic Catapult is one with two large missile bays, not two particle cannons.

#18 BoxOfAids

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMA, USA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

Personally, I like having little to no ammo dependency, and I would definitely run a K2. Gotta love PPCs!

#19 monev

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationEastern US

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

I have a founder's Catapult so I'll be using that more, but i can see myself running with one of these from time to time. I do enjoy high alpha weapons.

#20 Korran DaQuack

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

I went founders because the Jenner,Hunchback and Atlas are iconic mechs that I knew I would want and probably use regularly. The catapult on TT was always too ammo limited....if I want a missile boat I would rather have the Trebuchet for the speed..or an Archer.

So if I was to go the Catapult route...Id probably want the PPC varients..(or ERLLs)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users