Would You Like Stats To Be Public?

95 replies to this topic

Poll: PUBLIC STATS? (457 member(s) have cast votes)

Should stats be public?

1. Yes! (138 votes [30.26%])

Percentage of vote: 30.26%

2. No! (162 votes [35.53%])

Percentage of vote: 35.53%

3. Only Certain Ones (Total Wins, Total Kills, Favorite Mechs, etc) (86 votes [18.86%])

Percentage of vote: 18.86%

4. I Don't Care! (70 votes [15.35%])

Percentage of vote: 15.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 New Breed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

How many people voted yes and have never played world of tanks?

Please.. you don't know how bad public stats are.

#42 Sarevos

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 October 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

Heck, I can't find stats at all, lol. And I think it is GREAT.

People who worry about stats are seldom team players.

its something people can nit pick about that we dont really need but i like the total kills wins and fave mech one that hints to experience atleast

#43 Ravensol

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

putting up your most used mech , kills/assists , average experian per match and or average damage per match wouldn't be to bad but putting up w/l k/d won't even be close to showing anything but who is in premades and would cause a backlash of elitist when it comes to finding mech corps to join with.

#44 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Stats do not define the usefulness or teamplay provided by a player.

But maybe the devs should come up with a 'teamplay' statistics that is calculated by taking into account damage, kills, spots, assists etc. So a good all rounder that contributes to the game will get a better representation..

..KDR means nothing, i could roll around in a jenner spotting targets for missiles with TAG, pulling mechs back to their base and not get any kills.. ..but by doing just that i could be the most valuable player because i worked as part of a team.

#45 Zatnik

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

Game is for having fun, right? That's why I play it.

I suck at this game. I don't really mind people knowing that I suck, but I do mind being unable to find a team or insulted because of it.

As much as I would like to think otherwise, people don't want to play with or listen to people who aren't doing well. In my opinion statistics should be either opt in, or friends only. NB, if it's 'opt out' then you still get people being horrible about why you hid your statistics. We have already seen people giving slightly nasty replies to people who say they don't ​want stats. (Don't ask me to prove it, I'm not even sure if it was this thread)

On the other hand:

View Postderanda, on 20 July 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

I like revealed stats but there should be a "win/loss ratio of last 100 battles"-stat or something around those lines very prominently shown at the top to make it fair for people who had a bad start and got better over time.

If stats do go in, this would be a great idea.

At least those who are self conscious about their stats won't decide not to experiment or play for fun because they're worried about what people will think.

I'd like to say I'm a big enough girl not to care what people think of me for how I play, but that's balls. I totally do, but I don't care what people think of me for caring.

There's a small chance I can suck it up and get over it, but I don't think I can say the same for every other player in the game. Once people start looking at statistics, people who intend to play regularly will think twice before playing a high risk/low kill build (with maybe some other handy use for their team), or trying something they aren't comfortable with just for the hell of it, unless they know they can improve things once they get the hang of it.

I think it would be a shame to risk the 'try it and see' aspect of the game.

#46 Nightfangs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

And please make the disconnects a stats-number too!

#47 Dredhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationSpace Colony Texas

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Hell No it will turn into WoT!!!!!!!!!Your stats sucks noob uninstall..Sorry I like my stats private if anything there should be a option to show stats or not to show stats..

#48 Hedonism Robot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationSpace Pirate

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

I dont think the current stats would be useful to be public. I would like to see team 8v8 stats public since these hold better bragging rights than silly pug games.

#49 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

Why not just post it on your profile. Lets keep private information private, quiaff?

#50 Dredhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationSpace Colony Texas

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

View PostMoromillas, on 30 March 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

Why not just post it on your profile. Lets keep private information private, quiaff?

AFF

#51 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

I'll tell people I'm bad and I'm not ashamed of it. I used to have a .36 kdr and only now have I got it up to .80. er so what!? E-peeners do what they like with public stats to nit pick. See if I care.

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 30 March 2013 - 12:11 AM.

#52 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

NO!

The WoT forums are the perfect example of exactly why you DO NOT do this. Every discussion turns into a gigantic e-peen waving contest where even someone with a good point gets ridiculed for not having a good kdr. It's awful and only serves to drive a wedge between the community members.

View PostDredhawk, on 30 March 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

AFF

AFF

Edited by TOGSolid, 30 March 2013 - 12:26 AM.

#53 Jestun

• 1,270 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

View Postbpphantom, on 20 July 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

I voted no simply because it will become a metric to assist in the waving around of e-phalic-things. Ideally the player can configure what's stats are visible.

This, both the reason and the compromise (players choose to share stats if they so wish so the e-peeners can all play together)

Edited by Jestun, 30 March 2013 - 12:48 AM.

#54 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

Yes, I liked one thing about WoW. The Armory. With this I can see if someone who is complaining about something actually knows how to use their class and therefor opinion mattered.

I think MWO forums would benefit from this. Even if it does promote elitist tendencies, it could be for the better.

#55 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

View PostKaspirikay, on 30 March 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

Yes, I liked one thing about WoW. The Armory. With this I can see if someone who is complaining about something actually knows how to use their class and therefor opinion mattered.

I think MWO forums would benefit from this. Even if it does promote elitist tendencies, it could be for the better.

No, it wouldn't, because like I already pointed out the WoT forums show exactly what happens when you make stats public. It's a guaranteed **** show.

#56 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

I don't really give a flaming **** either way.

On the downside, though, I'm sure there are some people who would go into hax/aimbot mode just to make sure their stats looked best...

#57 Noob Weapons

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 433 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

I'd love to see statistics. That way I could see how I match up against other people.

I want to know if that guy who did 800 damage had a lucky game, or if he's someone to look out for in the future.

#58 Billygoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

It should be a toggle.

And the toggle should only be available after paying some MC. That way people who want to brag about their elite stats can put their money where their mouth is and the rest of us that have lives of our own can continue on without having to bother over it.

#59 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

I would like to see anonymized stats.

ELO rankings per weight category mixed with typical accuracy and shots fired / shots hit / damage done stats. I would like to know how efficiently weapons are used and if there are any trends (for example - do shorter laser beam durations really lead to better accuracy or better damage utilization?)

#60 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

The results of this poll are so sad and funny....

I keep seeing "CoD this" and "CoD that": people trashing CoD like they just cannot comprehend what fun is, or that it is possible for two things that play differently to both be fun without looking down on either one.

And yet... here we have a majority of voters who actually want the worst feature of the CoD franchise shoehorned into this game.

No E-peen waving, please. Its irritating enough that my love of the ****** weapons in other games has caused others to ignore the most ironclad logical arguments possible, please don't bring that into MW:O.

Please don't make me consider retiring "Taste the rainbow" (my Llas Mlas slas LPlas MPlas SPlas hunchback) just so I won't have to deal with stats whores saying "Well that is certainly a compelling argument, and it looks like the facts as you presented them check out, but LOL LOOK AT YOUR K/D HAW HAW! WE CAN SAFELY IGNORE YOU!"

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users