Guide

92 replies to this topic

#41 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:52 PM

View PostKoniving, on 11 August 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

Your sig image needs a new host. Photobucket's doing this big cashgrab for third party viewing.

Yeah, unfortunately, it's not my image. It's a sig a friend made for me who's now AFK because of RL. I can't access it now, sadly.

#42 Lieutenant Bonerdongs

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:26 PM

Thanks to everyone for all of the content.

#43 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

Id suggest not thinking to much of it.. a lot of new people here have voiced opinions that really only come from a new persons view point

#44 DONALD KERENSKY TRUMP

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:08 AM

really helped me a lot thanks!

#45 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:10 AM

The Guide has been updated to reflect some of the recent changes to the game, as well as to improved the language and grammar. New videos have also been added to replace some of the older ones it previously contained.

View PostDONALD KERENSKY TRUMP, on 08 September 2017 - 04:08 AM, said:

really helped me a lot thanks!

You're quite welcome! I'm glad it was helpful! :)

#46 Tero93

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:00 AM

So i blasted all my starting money on crappy Criffin 1N that dies as soon as it enters same post code with enemy and few componets i bought by accident
should i make new account?

#47 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:11 AM

View PostTero93, on 07 November 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

So i blasted all my starting money on crappy Criffin 1N that dies as soon as it enters same post code with enemy and few componets i bought by accident

The Griffin is incredibly durable, and can take a lot of punishment for a 55 ton Mech but you have to twist damage to make it work, DO NOT put an XL engine in a Griffin, its greatest strengh is its deadside, that is to say with most Griffin varients, including the 1N all its firepower is on the right side, so fire then twist to offer the enemy your left, when the weapons are reloaded/recharged twist back, they will blow the arm off then you keep twisting left, you will loose the left torso then keep twisting left, do not start twisting right until your CT armor is mostly gone

why would you do that?
When the arm goes any damage that passes through what is left of that arm is reduced by 60%, when the torso goes damage is reduced by a further 60% provided the damage is passing both the arm and torso only 16% of the damage the enemy throw at you gets to the CT, effectivly making the CT 6 times tougher to destroy than it should be.

With that in mind I recomend you try a few more matches in the Griffin, in my experiance it is a great Mech, but if it is still not working for you with the advice I gave then yes, you may as well try a new account.

if you do try a new account, before purchasing a Mech I recomend you complete the tutorial (for 5 million cbills) and the first 25 (for match earnings + 12 million, by then you will have at minimum 18 million.

during the first 25 matches try most of the trial Mechs and keep notes about what you like or dislike about each Mech and weapon, if you fall in love with one of them great, buy that, if not then make a new topic in new player help, post your notes about what you liked/hated about each Mech and ask for advice on which Mechs are likely to suit your preferances, you will then get some sugestions on Mechs which should suit your playstyle,
providing the notes is realy useful, if you do not tell us what you want you will just get generic sugestions (probably Crab, Hunchback, Hunchback IIC, Huntsman, Stormcrow, Ebon Jaguar, Hellbringer, Warhammer, Marauder, Timber Wolf) if we know what you like/dislike we can offer sugestions based upon those which should be a lot more accurate for what you want.

#48 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:36 AM

Have you tweaked the Griffin 1N build in any way? In stock form it doesn't have enough armour (only 304 of a maximum 370) and the stock build generally over-armours the rear torsos making the front torsos weaker. This GRF-1N should be durable with its extra 64 points of armour and gives you a potent strike. If you're short on funds there's this GRF-1N which is similar but uses the stock 275 engine that came with the mech, though it is a bit light on ammo (so shield with the left side to keep that right arm and its lasers).

#49 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:12 PM

Tero, I apologize for my late response! I've been very busy at work and haven't kept up with my messages until today. It looks like Rogue Jedi and Ruccus have already answered your question. I would simply add, that the Griffin is a very good Medium Mech, and that it is difficult to offer advice without knowing more about your Mech's load-out and your own personal playstyle.

That being said, if you are unhappy with the Griffin chassis to the point where you cannot enjoy the game, then it would probably be best to create a new account because it will be a long, hard struggle to earn enough C-bills for a new Mech if you are using one you cannot stand. However, before you go that route, I think you should give the Mech another chance.

Use the links that the other two provided to access Smurfy's Mechlab. If you can, replicate your Mech there and post the link here. Or, post a screenshot of your Mech load-out instead from the game itself. That will help us understand what's happening and offer you a bit better advice.

Best of luck!

#50 Smithus

Rookie

• Cadet
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:19 AM

Can someone please help me and paste explanation of whats the difference between clan, factions etc. I Was really looking for answers through fornum.

#51 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:25 AM

View PostSmithus, on 13 January 2018 - 12:19 AM, said:

Can someone please help me and paste explanation of whats the difference between clan, factions etc. I Was really looking for answers through fornum.

Knowledge of this is generally assumed.

Okay, so this will be split into TWO sections.

The first, is how it applies to MWO as a game.

The second, is how it applies to the source material, and by extension, MWO, other games of the past and the upcoming "Battletech" PC game by Harebrained Schemes, Mechwarrior 5 Mercs (the single player sandbox supposedly preceding "Mechwarrior 5", similar to Mechwarrior 2 Mercs and Mechwarrior 2, Mechwarrior 4 Mercs and Mechwarrior 4), and "Classic BattleTech" currently run by Catalyst Games and created by FASA (with 'the' original creator and cofounder being the owner of Harebrained Schemes).

Here we go.

MWO:
Spoiler

For the source material side I will do a separate post.

#52 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:57 AM

Short version:

Video by D.C. Bruins. Art and animation by the same. Voice by George Ledoux. Music by HellWreckage.

You can look up anything in EITHER Sarna.net OR "Mech Factory" app for Android.
Of the two, the latter is largely more accurate as Sarna paraphrases based on sources and Mech Factory copies word for word on "released" (free) sources from the PDF.
Paraphrasing things can lead to interpretation. Which BT encourages interpretation, but an interpretation of an interpretation of a fact meant for interpretation leads to something far from the truth.

You're welcome to ask me about specific things at my signature. If I know it I will answer it. If I don't I will find it. Prefer complicated lore questions there. For MWO things, ask in the new player thread and I'll probably find it and give an answer.

But the semi-short lore stuff of interesting note:
Spoiler

Jumpships:
Spoiler

This leads into the next section.

A tidbit of lore that really bugs me about MWO's Invasion Game Mode -- summary: it makes no sense.
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 13 January 2018 - 09:31 AM.

#53 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:03 AM

View PostKoniving, on 13 January 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

Knowledge of this is generally assumed.

You're right! I should have considered folks who might not have a background in MWO when writing the guide, but didn't. Thank you for the fantastic write-ups though! Would it be okay if I link to your two posts in the body of my guide so that other new players can find the info? I'll give you the credit, of course. :)

#54 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:16 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 13 January 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

You're right! I should have considered folks who might not have a background in MWO when writing the guide, but didn't. Thank you for the fantastic write-ups though! Would it be okay if I link to your two posts in the body of my guide so that other new players can find the info? I'll give you the credit, of course. Posted Image

Go right ahead. I'll plug in credits for the videos now.

#55 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:29 AM

View PostKoniving, on 13 January 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

Go right ahead. I'll plug in credits for the videos now.

Awesome!

#56 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:48 AM

Okay, the Guide has been update with Koniving's videos and explanations regarding the World of MechWarrior. Thank you Koniving for your contributions!

Also, I re-inserted one of my own videos that was failing to show. It is showing properly now under the UI Interface section.

#57 Smithus

Rookie

• Cadet
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:17 AM

Thank You very much !!! Kinvng You are a boss :)
I also dont get the drop system, and where i can see which Mech i can use for IS and which for Clan.
I have bought Timber Wolf very Long Time abp, cose he was a mad cat be version from MW4 which i was playing as a child.
He is a Clan if i remember correct.

#58 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:36 AM

the Clan mechs have a blue line under the Mech name.In the ingame store also in your mech hangar ( in the mech hangar you have a filter.
I made a screenshot and marked it where you can see it. The Shadow hawk has a grey line the Storm Crow a blue line.under its name. Hope it helps

Posted Image

Edited by Mighty Spike, 14 January 2018 - 06:40 AM.

#59 Smithus

Rookie

• Cadet
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:31 AM

Thank You !

#60 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:38 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 14 January 2018 - 06:36 AM, said:

the Clan mechs have a blue line under the Mech name.In the ingame store also in your mech hangar ( in the mech hangar you have a filter.
I made a screenshot and marked it where you can see it. The Shadow hawk has a grey line the Storm Crow a blue line.under its name. Hope it helps

Posted Image

Wow, I've been playing this game for years and never noticed that blue line. Good attention to detail!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users