63 replies to this topic

#61 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:31 AM

Under the Current System:
CBill cost to buy 9 Mechs: 99M (using 11M CBills - a Storm Crow - as an average Mech price).
CBill cost to buy, say, 4 of the most expensive reusable Mech Modules: 24M
CBill cost to buy, say, 8 reusable Weapon Modules: 24M
XP cost to Master 9 Mechs: 515,250 XP
GXP cost to unlock 12 Pilot Skills for the 12 Modules: 42,000 GXP (of which 25,765 is earned in parallel with Mech XP)
Additional XP required to earn the remaining required GXP: 81,175

Total CBills: 147M
Total XP: 596,425

Under the New System:
CBill cost to buy 9 Mechs: 99M (using 11M CBills as an average price).
XP cost to Master 9 Mechs: 1,167,075 XP (assuming you spend all your GXP on Mastering Mechs)
CBill cost to Master 9 Mechs: 81.9M

Total CBills: 180.9M
Total XP: 1,167,075 XP

Conclusion:
The new system requires 23% more CBills and 196% more Mech XP.

Ok so for your scenario of modules for only 4 mechs for fw/cw having modules (85% of my Clan mechs have full modules and get used in FP/CW) (and 50% of my IS mechs)

However ignoring that you should be getting more modules in the current system rather than exploiting being able to transfer modules and going into fp/cw without them you are still 24 million under as most mechs get 2 Mech modules not 1 at elited mode you unlock a 4th module.

So even for the people going into fp/cw without modules on more than 4 mechs its only 6% more cbills.

For people who have actually outfitted the majority of the clan mechs (and half of their IS mechs) with modules so they can bring the correct mech to the map/mode your going to have excess cash.
Because your not going to skill tree the mechs that are useless.

I also dont think your correctly calculating the amount of GXP available to spend on mechs but not as sure about this, and I do agree that the xp costs are too high, just not as high as your making it.

There is also the fact this new system locks us into 1 build for a mech for forever unless we want to spend cbills on it, so that puts the cbills costs back in your viewpoints favor.

Edited by CadoAzazel, 11 February 2017 - 05:35 AM.

#62 Ori Disciple

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:43 AM

It's a nice start, but it really needs a lot of work still.

#63 Kojak Bear

• PipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:01 AM

I am presenting my detailed proposal on how to revise the Skill Tree System to improve it. I hope you guys read through it, feedback and share. And if you're inclined to agree, let us all make PGI know. Thank you.

https://drive.google...N3NUMEx2MmhUNE0

One other thing: I think PGI should give us the option to pay a one-time amount of XXX c-bills (4 mil?), YYY XP (20K? 30K?) or the equivalent ZZZ MC's (100? 200?) to get UNLIMITED FREE re-specs. That way, we enjoy full customization after we hurdle the paywall.

Edited by Kojak Bear, 11 February 2017 - 06:01 AM.

#64 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:19 AM

I think the problem with respecs would be solved if node unlocks were permanent (while selecting them temporary).

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users