54 replies to this topic

#1 4lex

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:32 AM

I recently truned off voice, even if it cause me to skip some valuable info. I noticed that in the last games that i was using it, that i was not listening it any way. It was just some annoying back ground noise and often a huge source of anger.

So many clowns out there who start bitching about the team for they'r own failure after getting them self perished in the first min. So many ppl raging on voice for what ever reason. So many bossy leaders wanna be, high on a power trip.

No one care:
" OMG!! i just got sniped"
" fokin lurms no skil newbs got me pined"
" thanks for the suport all you loosers, you just lost 100 tons"
" Focus alphabetajuliettehector no beta I SAID BETA YOU LOOSERS!!"
" PUSH NOW! {*10 sec* /redteam team killed- pushjoe } all you noobs cant push!"

Playing with out voice is way more relaxing.

#2 Albino Boo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:05 AM

Translation: I stand still and use the rest of the team as a meatsheild and don't like getting called on it.

#3 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:23 AM

Well I'm ever so sorry that calling focus targets annoys you so. I'll refrain from trying to direct coordinated and focused fire in the future since it offends your delicate sensibilities.

#4 East Indy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:33 AM

I turned off VOIP early on for the same reasons. Recently I turned it back on, and have found that almost all users are constructive and mature. A few are excellent callers, too. If someone misbehaves? Mute button.

#5 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:38 AM

PGI gave you a report button right click on their name and report them.

Some of what they're saying is useful. Snipers,lrms and focusing targets..... but you know what ever pugs will be pugs.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 18 February 2017 - 08:39 AM.

#6 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:26 AM

VOIP is imperative for proper teamplay. Ignore the clowns, listen to the good players, win the game. Turning off VOIP only hurts your team.

And whatever you do... do NOT complain about players trying to take charge or lead you to victory. Lame comments such as, "You're not my mom!" or "Stop being a tryhard!" are not helpful, nor conducive to a pleasant, victorious experience.

#7 Temuedschin40

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 12 posts
  • LocationHiding in a 30-ton trash can

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:29 AM

IMO, turning off VOIP is kinda an arrogant move, like "I don't even need to listen to those scrubs, i know it better anyway".
I don't say you have to talk on VOIP yourself, but you might as well listen, as often enough ppl pass over important information on VOIP, like targets to focus or when to push.
And if there's somebody being particularly unconstructive on VOIP, like bitching the team for no good reason, then you can just press tab and mute him.
In general, it's impossible that one person knows all thats going on in a match, so why not listen to people helping your game awareness?
Especially as a person who likes being the dropcommander it always pisses me off when i press tab and see that only 6/12 are on VOIP, so please, help those rare commanders out there in PUGland doing their hard enough job and at least open your ears to them.

Edited by Temuedschin40, 18 February 2017 - 09:40 AM.

#8 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:51 AM

yep, I've had VOIP turned off for about 6 months now...very peaceful

#9 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:51 AM

I've not heard abusive language used in Group QP, get it a lot in Solo Q.P, and Faction Warfare

stick the abusive ones on ignore, report tham

#10 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:55 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 18 February 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

VOIP is imperative for proper teamplay. Ignore the clowns, listen to the good players, win the game. Turning off VOIP only hurts your team.

And whatever you do... do NOT complain about players trying to take charge or lead you to victory. Lame comments such as, "You're not my mom!" or "Stop being a tryhard!" are not helpful, nor conducive to a pleasant, victorious experience.

I get supremely tired of having to individually mute folks especially in the middle of tough points during the match.

I leave VOIP turned off. My WLR hasn't suffered at all.

The "team" aspect of this game rarely seems to emerge in solo queue where I spend the vast majority of my games, and when it does, it's because players are moving relatively in synch, paying attention to the mini-map and shooting generally the same targets. Not nearly as precise or massed in fires as playing in group queue with friends, but for solo queue, apparently good enough.

I play the game to enjoy it and don't feel like it should be necessary to tolerate the bad apples. Simply easier to play hard, try to pay attention to what others around me are doing, and contribute thusly. It's got nothing to do with arrogance or anything like that. I simply play to enjoy the game, not listen to BS. Doesn't seem to cripple me in most FPS shooters, why should this one be any different.

#11 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 18 February 2017 - 09:55 AM, said:

The "team" aspect of this game rarely seems to emerge in solo queue where I spend the vast majority of my games, and when it does, it's because players are moving relatively in synch, paying attention to the mini-map and shooting generally the same targets. Not nearly as precise or massed in fires as playing in group queue with friends, but for solo queue, apparently good enough.

I play the game to enjoy it and don't feel like it should be necessary to tolerate the bad apples. Simply easier to play hard, try to pay attention to what others around me are doing, and contribute thusly. It's got nothing to do with arrogance or anything like that. I simply play to enjoy the game, not listen to BS. Doesn't seem to cripple me in most FPS shooters, why should this one be any different.

I haven't played in four months because I got tired of the bad apples. I've better things to do than pull my hair out putting up with what this game shafts me with. Not that I have time to play, anyways--I don't.

But if I did play, I'd have VOIP on. :)

And you're right, there are some clowns who are immature as hell on comms, but I think the benefits of trying to co-ordinate outweigh muting the whole thing.

#12 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:37 PM

View PostCathy, on 18 February 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

I've not heard abusive language used in Group QP, get it a lot in Solo Q.P, and Faction Warfare

stick the abusive ones on ignore, report tham

I had some group of jerks accuse me of pedophilia at the beginning of a match - I called a spot report, and they decided that my voice "sounded like a *********." They sucked, too; but I muted them, reported them, and went my way.

Still have VOIP on. OP needs to toughen the frack up - or just take a break.

#13 4lex

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:41 PM

View PostAlbino Boo, on 18 February 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

Translation: I stand still and use the rest of the team as a meatsheild and don't like getting called on it.

Translation: I ***** about the rest of team and i don't like getting called on it.

#14 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:41 PM

The 60 sec counter at the start of matches is to mute the potatoes/ annoying jabber mouths with zero ability at the game.

Agreed, it's hella annoying to have to indiviually mute people when a match is well underway because they just fill coms with pointless crap, literal play by play of every shot/ try to micro manage.

I know what to shoot. If you are dead you can give a quick dmg readout on hurt mech components if the coms are clear(and ffs say actual, or at least specif visual lol) And if someone calls a KDK or something, kinda ease off the tunnel visioning and get awareness to position to counter it or ******* shoot it lol

Edited by Ghogiel, 18 February 2017 - 12:42 PM.

#15 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:44 PM

Only thing that annyos me about VoiP is when people don't even try to speak english. Mine is bad as .... but please try at least.
When you yell in french or russian into my ear it just dosn't work.

Please use english in chat and VoiP.

#16 Albino Boo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:09 PM

View Post4lex, on 18 February 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

Translation: I ***** about the rest of team and i don't like getting called on it.

Thank for admitting the truth about yourself.

#17 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:48 PM

View Post4lex, on 18 February 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

We need way more of such people, so this game can prosper even more!

#18 Ruar

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:00 PM

I've seen VOIP be incredibly useful, not really a factor in the match, and downright annoying. I just mute the idiots and try to keep my bitching to type instead of on VOIP. There are times when someone does need to be told they are playing stupidly, but it's better to do it in chat than on voice.

#19 Ruar

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:17 PM

Yesterday we had an Atlas who lost all his weapons just sit back behind everyone and do nothing. As the match wound down it was still neck and neck. We'd lose one, they'd lose one. Still the Atlas sat in the back. Finally, our last mech + the Atlas against their last two. Our guy with guns kills one of them and still the Atlas just sits there. Our guy dies and the Atlas is left alone to just die.

Our entire team was chewing him out for doing nothing when he could have distracted and helped. Hell, I was still in pretty decent shape at one point and if he had moved up we probably would have won easily.

In retrospect we all felt good to let that guy know just how bad his decision was.

#20 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:50 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 18 February 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

And you're right, there are some clowns who are immature as hell on comms, but I think the benefits of trying to co-ordinate outweigh muting the whole thing.

Mileage varies I guess. I think I contribute more by actually playing the game :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users