ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:39 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 24 February 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

To be fair, they're a natural furnace and PGI decided to upscale it to the point it no longer fits under the roof of HPG... makes piloting them a chore.

And I'm pretty turned off by just how much tonnage the jumpjets eat up. I get more lift out of a singular, half ton jumpjet. Thanks, Balance Overlord!

in fairness, they are supposed to be the tallest mech, so that part...sort of is correct. But the locked gear kills it for me.

#162 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:55 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 February 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

in part, I never have found a good hotkey for the MASC

I use caps lock with my pinky.

#163 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:16 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 24 February 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

that's my voip key, the shift is my TS key.... Tab is the roster key and trl and the rest just don't reach naturally while moving.

*sigh* If I had my old rat7 functioning (bloody laser burned out) I'd dedicate a thumb button to it.

#164 Lootee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:24 PM

If only there was a LAM version of the PHX

#165 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:27 PM

Left Alt? I use that for my VoiP and left shift for MASC, personally.

#166 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:35 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 24 February 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

I use space-bar for MASC, E for jump jets, left-shift for arm-lock, left-ctrl for arm look, and left-alt for TS.

#167 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:06 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 24 February 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

takes my thumb though, which is doable, but not comfortable for me to do easily... partly because my hands are so damn big that my thumb rests on the far end of the spacebar. It's probably the most viable option, but still not natural enough for me to use it as instinctively as one needs to IMO.

In truth, I'd rather just use a decently quick accelerating mech in the first place, and not screw with it at all.

#168 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:11 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 24 February 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

I use space-bar for MASC, E for jump jets, left-shift for arm-lock, left-ctrl for arm look, and left-alt for TS.

I'll be honest, I'm old, slow and busted enough that my fingers essentially never leave my "maneuver" keys... (AWD), for...well,...cuz I suck even worse if I try to these days. SO I do almost anything else with pinky and thumb... (neither of which can engage the E).... and I just.... IDK: don't like to use a maneuver finder to do so.

Honestly, my hands are so busted up, I just have a list of things I pretty much avoid having to do, and for me, it seems best just not to screw with MASC. *shrugs* And so, for me, the Omnis with it, it's dead space, so overall, I'm better off and more effective avoiding them.

#169 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:21 PM

There is a MASC toggle function that you don't have to sit there and hold, but the downside is that if you leave it on for too long in a brawl.. yeah.

#170 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:53 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 24 February 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

There is a MASC toggle function that you don't have to sit there and hold, but the downside is that if you leave it on for too long in a brawl.. yeah.

k.i.s.s.

keep it simple, stupid. I tend to prefer to adhere to that.

Or as St. Harry Callahan once said.... "A man's got to know his limitations"

And nowadays, I gots plenty of them.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 24 February 2017 - 10:09 PM.

#171 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 24 February 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Yeah i moved voip to left alt. Really dont need it that often.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 February 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

takes my thumb though, which is doable, but not comfortable for me to do easily... partly because my hands are so damn big that my thumb rests on the far end of the spacebar. It's probably the most viable option, but still not natural enough for me to use it as instinctively as one needs to IMO.

In truth, I'd rather just use a decently quick accelerating mech in the first place, and not screw with it at all.

Well if VOiP uses your thumb its no big deal, don't need it that often, which is why I moved it to left alt, and MASC to caps lock. Easy access for my pinky. But hey, if you don't want to bother with it that's cool too, I just like that its another layer of active control.

#172 GrimRiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 February 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

in part, I never have found a good hotkey for the MASC...all the convenient ones are used for other stuff I need more... and with just a basic 3 button mouse, no real place there. So part of it is that the MASC takes up space that TBH, I could personally use better elsewhere (I feel the same on the Shadowcat, TBH). And...I reckon it's also the proper use of MASC that unlocks it's effectiveness (cuz it for sho ain't the Jump Jets...), so even if I could ditch the MASC... probably wouldn't work for me.

Oddly... I love me some mr Gargles Play, and I love love love my Warhawk. I just wish I could effectively toss my Warhawks armament on the Exe.

I have my MASC bound to the left Alt key next to the spacebar.

I can slide my thumb to the left just a tad and vroom vroom away I go.

What about the F key, for me it's right next to D though making turns will be a little awkward.

Edited by GrimRiver, 25 February 2017 - 09:46 AM.

#173 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:09 AM

View PostGrimRiver, on 25 February 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

I have my MASC bound to the left Alt key next to the spacebar.

I can slide my thumb to the left just a tad and vroom vroom away I go.

What about the F key, for me it's right next to D though making turns will be a little awkward.

yeah that's the killer, my thumb can't get it without some weird contortions, and if I need to turn right while MASCing, I have a wee issue. TBH, at this point, I've gotten on fine without it, so I think it's more hassle than value for me at this time. (If I ever set up a pedal/stick setup for the driving side, then I could probably figure a good instinctive way to trigger it. I don't use throttle decay either... which is weird since I am used to it from so many other FPS games... finger off button ...you stop. I just find it easier to pilot with WASD+X here for some reason (probably part of why I have never mastered Lights, TBH)

#174 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:14 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 25 February 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

Yeah i moved voip to left alt. Really dont need it that often.

Well if VOiP uses your thumb its no big deal, don't need it that often, which is why I moved it to left alt, and MASC to caps lock. Easy access for my pinky. But hey, if you don't want to bother with it that's cool too, I just like that its another layer of active control.

no, VOIP is on my capslock (pinkie), because I do use VOIP a ton, even when fighting to try to transmit intel...even if most people just seem to ignore it. Also since I've always found left Shift natural for TS; having my two communications channel right there makes it a natural thing...and after using it for TS for this long, it's not a habit I really feel like breaking.

I'm going to bind MASC to left Alt, and see if I can train my hand to use it there, but it's not a real high priority, since none of my preferred robots have MASC anyhow. And I'd still rather drop MASC on my EXE Prime so I can max the Armor, and run 2xLPL or PPCs with a UAC20 (my preferred facewrecking loadout for my WHK. I think it should translate just lovely to an EXE with what with it's slightly better hitboxes, JJs, etc.... though my insistence of running stuff in the arms will probably make you cringe, lol)

#175 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:10 PM

This mech for me. It got me into mwo and BT. Not only does it remain my best mech it also is my most used mech with the K2 being my second most used mech. That founder video of it and luck at the time is why I went legendary founder. The only two cats I don't have are the (c) and BB hero. Plus konv makes awesome screen shots.

Posted Image

#176 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:58 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 February 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

And why?

No I'm not asking what is the ubertier meta Gundam. I can look up metamechs.com, too.

But what is the mech, when you see it, be it on game, in your mechlab, whatever, that you just pause and think..... Man.. That thing is frikking cool.

(Correct answer is obviously Urbanmechs, but I need to gauge the level of Urbielightenment around here.....)

Well for me it is a double edge knife I call the Huntsman. Load it up with streaks and guess what ... I get about 1k damage and some times 20 to 30 team damage. That is why I call it a double edge knife. But I enjoy it it. No more fearing lights, chase down the little ******** and gut them like fish! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Edited by Clownwarlord, 25 February 2017 - 03:59 PM.

#177 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:18 PM

The Phoenix Hawk is pretty Boffo (whatever that means)

Posted Image

#178 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:30 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users