• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

View PostFuerchtenichts, on 02 March 2017 - 05:28 AM, said:

So many MERC players discussing a "General Clan Player Conduct" Posted Image

I see what you did there.

Not gonna lie I've been one of those ragging *** hats. One instance I remember just losing it was me in my Scorch peeking around a corner to remove a side torso of a Atlas with a alpha come to find out I couldn't back up because some newbie (bestate guess no clan tag,affiliate, or title) parked his shadow cat on my ***.. needless to say I wasn't happy about all the undue damage I received.

Clan mechs tend to need a higher skill level (expected) to run effectively in my eyes. So having someone in a clan mech who doesn't know "where to put the pointy end" can be annoying. Add to that when a Warhammer can come around a corner and alpha your side torso off in about .6 sec while some herp derp is preventing you from removing yourself from the line of fire, no amount or twisting will recoup that damage.

#23 AphexTwin11

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 398 posts
  • LocationLooking right through you, with somniferous almond eyes

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:08 PM

View PostKilroy, on 28 February 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

I'm not entirely certain how to preface this, but Faction Play on the Clan side has a very high level of toxicity to it. Enough so nearly two out of three games has players spouting less than pleasant language, direct personal insults, orders to uninstall the game, nigh screaming over the microphone, threats to team kill, and actual team killing/damaging (typically a "you shot me in the back on accident so I'm going to destroy your leg").

My point being, this is driving away players and actually drove me to quit from being a Jade Flacon loyalist just to escape the hostile atmosphere. It seems there needs to either be an increase in moderation presence in Clan FP or some way to make players aware of the CoC.

Having played on the IS side for the past 3-4 months the difference in general player attitude and conduct is staggering. This seems to contribute towards newer players abandoning the Clan Faction or FP in general, leading to a more stagnant player population. I really do love playing FP, but it can be hard to maintain a positive attitude and sportsmanship in such negativity.

Posted Image

#24 Cpt Contego

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:38 PM

View PostGrus, on 02 March 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

Clan mechs tend to need a higher skill level

Sooo many people would disagree with this part of your statemnet.. But that conversation belongs in a different thread.

I agree it does get frustrating when people refuse to listen. I am a middle class drop caller, (have led some very effective matches, but have led a few bad ones too). The majority of the matches I lead that fail are usually due to the 4-6 PUGs we have that refuse to listen, or the 1 or 2 'heroes' that think they are far to superior to follow orders and just want to rack up the highest amount of damage and kills with no regard for the rest of the team, who will then criticize my leadership when we lose because they refused to listen...

Anyway, I was thinking that the FW lobby should be reworked so that you could swap out players who you know to be toxic, or not an asset to the team. It wouldn't prevent people finding a match because of constantly getting kicked out of lobbies, it would actually force them to either create a group themselves or actually work as a valued team member. As much as I would like to see a social ranking system for team play in game, I know that it would quickly become corrupted with people false voting on others. I know that some will say "just create a 12 man group before the lobby", however sometimes this is hard to do at certain times of day/night. My unit has 60 members, however only 4-6 are on at any given time, whilst we try and grab people from the hub on TS, sometimes that is also pretty hard, and LFG can be pretty sparse at times too. (At least with LFG you can see the player names and hopefully recognize them for being helpful or hindering.

I have no problem dropping with inexperienced or below average players, we encourage and help these players, I don't mind taking a loss if everyone tried their hardest. I do mind though when we lose because a few didn't wan't to work as a team which is what FW is about.

#25 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

View PostEl Contego, on 02 March 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

Sooo many people would disagree with this part of your statemnet.. But that conversation belongs in a different thread.
there is a thread about this? Link please or make one I'd like to explore that.

But I will agree that having a team of potatos that listen and can shoot straight is much more dangerous than having a unfocused group of skittles.

#26 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:39 PM

View PostGrus, on 02 March 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

Not gonna lie I've been one of those ragging *** hats. One instance I remember just losing it was me in my Scorch peeking around a corner to remove a side torso of a Atlas with a alpha come to find out I couldn't back up because some newbie (bestate guess no clan tag,affiliate, or title) parked his shadow cat on my ***.. needless to say I wasn't happy about all the undue damage I received.

Clan mechs tend to need a higher skill level (expected) to run effectively in my eyes. So having someone in a clan mech who doesn't know "where to put the pointy end" can be annoying. Add to that when a Warhammer can come around a corner and alpha your side torso off in about .6 sec while some herp derp is preventing you from removing yourself from the line of fire, no amount or twisting will recoup that damage.

Clan mech are way easier than IS mechs, I really wish low tier players would learn their facts before opening their mouth.

#27 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

I know this may be harsh to say, but if you do not form a 12 man before dropping, you do not have control over some aspects of the drop. Often the drops with lots of solo players devolve to salt showers melting special snowflakes.

Look, you have every right to enter an stock Urbanmech into a footrace, but you can't bemoan the fact that it sucks if you keep doing it.

There are players that know that their best chances of winning are to group up with other good players or prove to those good players that they are worth keeping around. You are going to play against these players and if you don't do the same, the results will often be predictable.

Its harsh but true.

#28 Cpt Contego

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

View PostGrus, on 02 March 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

there is a thread about this? Link please or make one I'd like to explore that.

I more meant that there are constantly other threads dedicated to the Clan vs IS balance, (or lack there of), Not going to discuss it here as there are plenty of threads in the general discussion area, (not going to bother linking as they are easy to find with a quick search, and there are just soo many of them). If you don't care for reading then check out this Youtube Vid, it raises plenty of valid points:

Anyway, thanks for the chat, and I fully share your sentiment about organised groups compared to unorganized and abusive ones. I wish you luck with your future en devours in FW

(*Edit: Look past the whacky LARPing lol, and have a listen to the points he raises)

Edited by El Contego, 02 March 2017 - 04:15 PM.

#29 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:21 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 02 March 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

Clan mech are way easier than IS mechs, I really wish low tier players would learn their facts before opening their mouth.

HA! Do you even play FW? All I ever see is the same drop build of easymode alpha laser vomit from you purple people. Warhammer, grasshopper, wolfhound and pirates bains... learn to use other mechs, oh wait! You can't because "meta" ... come on man.

#30 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

View PostGrus, on 02 March 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

HA! Do you even play FW? All I ever see is the same drop build of easymode alpha laser vomit from you purple people. Warhammer, grasshopper, wolfhound and pirates bains... learn to use other mechs, oh wait! You can't because "meta" ... come on man.

I think so. He & I drop together 4-5 nights a week...

IS takes more skill to pilot, fact.

#31 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:42 PM

View PostGrus, on 02 March 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

Yet again quoting without facts, learn to lookup leader boards before commenting, then again, tier 4 Ghost Bear, le sigh.

Edit, btw, merc and it is purple pidgeons, do you know anything about this game?

Edited by Carl Vickers, 02 March 2017 - 04:49 PM.

#32 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:04 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 02 March 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

Clans are easy mode, the reasons people don't win with clans is YOU HAVE LRMS ON EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!

#33 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

View Postlive1991, on 02 March 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

Clans are easy mode, the reasons people don't win with clans is YOU HAVE LRMS ON EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!

ooooh, Yeah there folks go trolling again... ON TOPIC though:

It really varies per player and Unit. I've played with whriny britches on IS, Merc and Clan Units.

Except Some dewpee clanner did tell me to uninstall the game last night after I casually mentioned that his LRM Highlander was a poor build choice. so maybe you're right.

#34 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:41 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 02 March 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

IS that one of those "facts" you put on Wikipedia to prove a point? IS is easy mode. They have higher heat thresholds before shutting down AND less duration on thier shots to apply more damage to the point of contact. Clan wepons have way higher heat and canthe keep alpha ingredients everything in front of them. Case in point grasshopper can alpha 8 times in a row before shutdown. Clan dosnt have a comparable mech for that.

What that means is clan pilots have to be a better shot to put down a IS mech where the IS and just hold down the trigger and kill it's target easy.

#35 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:47 PM

View PostGrus, on 02 March 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

IS that one of those "facts" you put on Wikipedia to prove a point? IS is easy mode. They have higher heat thresholds before shutting down AND less duration on thier shots to apply more damage to the point of contact. Clan wepons have way higher heat and canthe keep alpha ingredients everything in front of them. Case in point grasshopper can alpha 8 times in a row before shutdown. Clan dosnt have a comparable mech for that.

What that means is clan pilots have to be a better shot to put down a IS mech where the IS and just hold down the trigger and kill it's target easy.

I won't argue that one side is truly easier than another, but that based on a player's skillset, one side might *appear* to be easier than another. Then again, some players can excel regardless of the tech and others will suck at everything but punching an "easy" button...

#36 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

View Postlive1991, on 02 March 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

I have 1 mech with lrm's and thats my maddog. 6lrm5 4spl wrecks face. Otherwise if it has a missile hardpoints I stick a srm in it.

#37 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

View PostGrus, on 02 March 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

I have 1 mech with lrm's and thats my maddog. 6lrm5 4spl wrecks face. Otherwise if it has a missile hardpoints I stick a srm in it.

Maybe that is the source of your teammate's ire... I've long wondered if the tactics of some players is to simply fry opponents gfx cards with the rendering of thousands of lrms simultaneously...

#38 Cpt Contego

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:15 PM

So the stupidly enhanced extra range, damage and incredibly less weight of each component doesn't help at all hey? The fact that all Clan tech takes up way less critical slots? (don't start with that locked components cr@p, Everything just mentioned more than makes up for that). The fact that Clan XL engines don't detonate upon losing a ST? The fact that when you look at the evidence via leaderboards Clan Mechs are consistently flooding the top? Name me an IS mech that can carry quad guass, or a IS heavy that can take dual guass and ERPPC without losing the ability to move at even a reasonable pace. An IS medium that can carry 4 AC2's with a considerable amount of ammunition. You can do consistent higher Alpha strikes and because they can carry a heap more heatsinks (if built properly), they often actually have a higher heat threshold and dissipation than IS mechs anyway therefore negating the fact that Clan weapons generate more heat.

The figures have been run, a simple google search will bring back plenty places where some have calculated the exact numbers for everyone to see.

Now before you go and spout lore about Clan always being superior: That is great for stories and such, but makes a competitive game lop sided.

(Edit: Just extended certain sections of my points/ranting)

Edited by El Contego, 02 March 2017 - 06:24 PM.

#39 Mortal2None

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

Just to get back on topic...

The fact that there is an in-game, player voice mute toggle... PRICELESS!

#40 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

. Case in point grasshopper can alpha 8 times in a row before shutdown. Clan dosnt have a comparable mech for that..

What Build ? A Clan mech can destroy a GH at range ( if its does not have range) and also with cover and alpha advantage.

Guess its some short/med range mech with a XL, That is no match to many alpha clan mechs.

GH is my fav IS MECH, 5 ERLL only way to play it.

Edited by live1991, 02 March 2017 - 07:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users