#41 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:01 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Led's are all in, Think I am gonna call it a night. I still have to mount all the plexi plates, and fab some mounting brackets for the Rad, the 1070, and the PSU..... This is turning into alot of fun... lol.

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 20 May 2017 - 03:16 PM.

#42 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:37 AM

seriously ... nice work ... that's crazy ... I told my wife that's what I'm doing next, she was about to slap the **** outta me, until I told her I was kidding ...

#43 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:47 PM

View PostNARC BAIT, on 21 May 2017 - 01:37 AM, said:

seriously ... nice work ... that's crazy ... I told my wife that's what I'm doing next, she was about to slap the **** outta me, until I told her I was kidding ...

Lol.... you should just do it man, she should understand, building **** like this just feels good.... if she is real, she will understand.

#44 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:40 PM

Ok guys..... I went to a hippie fest in Needmore this weekend, it was a BLAST!!! First one in over 13 years. I have the new wall mount up and running, doing leak checks right now.... none so fare. These Monsoon fittings and hard lines was a pain in the *** to work with.....but no leaks so far. Its not as clean as I wanted it to be....or as flush with the wall mount but it is all in and first time using hard lines. I will most likely redo the hard lines.... another $35 bucks, but for now she is up and running... installing the new 1070 drivers.... and most likely getting a Samsung 960 evo 1tb M.2 drive.

I will post pics as soon as I get this all up and really running...... so far, I am loving it!!! Posted Image

#45 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:35 PM

@Wired..... Just played several games on the new Ryzen build..... I am at 4ghz hardly pushing 35C and staying stable at 1.30625 volts. I haven't even OC the 1070 yet....and I am staying at a stable 80-160 fps on my 32" BenQ at 1440P, and have all the settings cranked up to Very high now. This is unreal guys..... the ATI 7970 3gb was a great card, but was holding me back big time!!

I seriously think I hit the chip lotto with this 1700..... Asrock released a new bios update, to help with extreme OC.... haven't even installed it yet....I am still on 2.20.

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 28 May 2017 - 06:38 PM.

#46 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:23 AM

Leak testing has gone well.....no leaks! Posted Image I am kinda tripping out about the Corsair Psu fan not coming on.... I am not used to that. lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 29 May 2017 - 06:48 AM.

#47 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:52 AM

So, Bill, the million c-bill question: CAN IT PLAY CRYSIS(-based mechwarrior games)?

That looks pretty sharp. I'm legitimately jealous.

#48 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

View PostxWiredx, on 30 May 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

So, Bill, the million c-bill question: CAN IT PLAY CRYSIS(-based mechwarrior games)?

That looks pretty sharp. I'm legitimately jealous.

I gotta be honest..... yep... it sure can. Seriously, I am impressed. I have only barely started OC the Ryzen, I am at 4ghz stable on only 1.31 volts. I just updated the new Bios for the Asrock Professional, from 2.20 to 2.30, it I guess has new updates to improve OC'ing. I really haven't even touched the 1070 yet as for OC'ing.... I honestly am lost with Afterburner software, I haven't had a Nvidia card since the GTX 8800 512mb card, and it was bad *** when I got it, LOL.

I have been able to crank the settings up to max.... on everything, at 1440P and I am butter smooth vs. my I7 4790K @ 4.8ghz. Of course I have not tried the 1070 with the I7 yet.... don't know if I will, and the XFX 7970 DD 3gb was a great card for its day, but those days are long gone. It was a setback for sure running it vs. biting the bullet and spending $400-800 on a new card. I will start running some test with this rig... but I work 12 hours days through the week, I get Fridays and the weekend off. I could use some advice on overclocking this 1070.... this is all new to me man. lol. Temps are unreal.... I hardly am breaking 30C on the CPU and the 1070. Very happy!

#49 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:13 AM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 30 May 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

I could use some advice on overclocking this 1070.... this is all new to me man. lol. Temps are unreal.... I hardly am breaking 30C on the CPU and the 1070. Very happy!

yeah afterburned is a bit weird when you first look at it ... essentially, to overclock it, you want to use a mode that's still kinda beta within it, but your mostly going to mess with the bars, the first bar, power %, you'll only really need to up that if you can actually get it to fully utilize the gpu in the first place, its mostly representative of the load, but not exactly ... you should be able to put it to the maximum value from the bar, and never think about it again

the second bar, influences when the card limits itself due to power consumption ... again, if you crank it to its maximum value, that's generally within design spec and your not likely to have or see issues in relation to it ...

the third bar affects the temperature limit, if the gpu hits that limit, it will seriously start underclocking itself until it gets below it ... your mileage may vary, I've got a cpu waterblock on my 1060, so I don't see this factor in limiting

which brings us to the cpu and memory bars, the memory bar functions like the others, and you can just add the desired amount to what it will use with the final clock, the core frequency bar, is another story altogether though ... sure you could simply add a total to the maximum like all others, or you could press 'control-F' to bring up the curve frequency editor .... this is a better representation of how the bios's clock the cards in the real world, the amount of usage, decides which clock speed to use on the left hand side, and that decides how much voltage to use ....

my bios on my 1060 is setup in such a way that it doesn't exceed 1050 mV, but its actually possible to push 1093 mV into it, the VRM's tend to get hot at my end, but its stable for me, usually I max it out at 1075 mV because I don't see any real benefit in pushing it harder than that just for MWO ...

my 'normal' maximum is 1911mhz but at maximum I usually set it for 2202 MHz ... I only do that for benchmarking, the clock I usually use for MWO is 2177 ...

for live on screen monitoring, you hit settings, go over to monitoring, click the check mark to the left of the item you want to monitor, and click the check box for show in on screen display, things will appear in the order they appear on that list and you can drag them up or down ...

while your temps are 'unreal' your *probably* not pushing the card hard enough ... :P usually I'm pushing 40-50c under load, but I can make it crash, without overheating ...

#50 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:06 AM

Thank you for the very helpful reply Narc!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users