#101 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, the land of slurpees and potholes

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

View PostThe Zohan, on 11 March 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Its not a thread but a sad reality - regardless if I fire up Strana Mechty TS or the game client and check my friends list. I guess they´re delusional at best. The other option would be batsh*t crazy.

Also "it" has happened - the amount of players has dropped. Cant deny that, despite they dont release the numbers. YOu experience that first hand when dropping solo.

There's hundreds of reasons why less people might be playing, I'm personally going through my game backlog, especially with all the games that released not long ago, so there's surely lots of players playing Horizon or Breath of the Wild right now. I also tend to play less right before patches come out so I'm not tired out.

#102 The Zohan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:52 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 March 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

Just another guy proclaiming the sky is falling, and it just has to be because of his pet reason.

Really? Posted Image I always thought you were one of the reasonable guys in here but with this snippet I cant help but realize you sound like baghdad bob (or Russ for that matter). "Everything is under control, we got you, everything will be alright. Just buy the next mechpack". If you really believe that, you might wanna contact the White House cause I heard theyre looking for a new press officer over there.

#103 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 March 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

wouldn't hold your breath, but I'd be ok with it... the Enhnaced ERPPC, maybe (though it really provides no advantages to the Clans... IS would take it though!), but honestly I don't even know of any mechs or references that actually touched on the i-PPC. Honestly I can't even think of another mention of it, at all. :/

well i would defantly run a WHK with 4 I-PPCs cooler than the ERPPC, similar damage,
more Energy Braw than range, so i think it could add something more to MWO,

#104 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

View PostThe Zohan, on 11 March 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

Really? Posted Image I always thought you were one of the reasonable guys in here but with this snippet I cant help but realize you sound like baghdad bob (or Russ for that matter). "Everything is under control, we got you, everything will be alright. Just buy the next mechpack". If you really believe that, you might wanna contact the White House cause I heard theyre looking for a new press officer over there.

I didn't say that. At no point did I say "everything is fine".

I did say:

View PostWintersdark, on 11 March 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

It's such a stupid threat people keep bringing up, as it gets used so absurdly often that even in cases where it may have real import, you can't tell as it's ALWAYS the thing.

Numbers ARE declining - albeit gradually, and that's been a constant for years. There's new players, too, so there's a churn.
My point was that people say that about EVERYTHING, and to such an extent that it's lost all meaning; even if in any particular instance it's correct. It's meaningless now.

The game isn't, however, on the verge of going TU. There's still well enough players to keep things going easily enough, and I do still see new players all the time (hence why I can keep a nice active friends list).

It gets tiresome. Every single thing someone doesn't like, and "THIS thing is the end of MWO!" And as I said, someone doesn't like *EVERYTHING*

Edited by Wintersdark, 11 March 2017 - 10:26 PM.

#105 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 11 March 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

well i would defantly run a WHK with 4 I-PPCs cooler than the ERPPC, similar damage,
more Energy Braw than range, so i think it could add something more to MWO,

I said enhanced ERPPC adds nothing, not the O-PPC which seems impossible to find stats

#106 The Zohan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:24 PM

Except I didnt say the game is going belly up or that the sky is faling.

With my past affiliation with -MS- and for the better part of a year -SC-, I have about 500 ppl in every timezone imaginable in my friendlist. Half a year ago, I always had 80-100+ ppl online every time I logged in. Nowadays, theres only a handful online at best. When I drop a couple times in a row, roughly a third of the players are the same. I take that as a very small pool for the MM to chose from. That is pretty bad I´d say and that is the reason why so many ppl I know and play with for years stopped spending money. Wether the remaining whales can keep the lights on remains to be seen but why take a chance?

#107 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:47 PM

I'm curious as to how they'd treat the SNPPC.
Going by the board game, it's got a big damage drop-off and short range, but on the other hand, the short-range bracket is one of the biggest in the game.

I'd always imagined it working like a milder version of the homing laser powerups from those top-down vertical-scrolling jet SHMUPs, barely-restrained lightning that arcs towards metallic objects.

...of course, SNPPCs are more of a Jihad-period technology, alongside MMLs and Plasma Rifles. I would have expected stuff like MRMs, Streak 4/6, Heavy Lasers, C3/TSM/Stealth, and ATMs to be first on the list.

#108 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:48 PM

View Postice trey, on 11 March 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

I'm curious as to how they'd treat the SNPPC.
Going by the board game, it's got a big damage drop-off and short range, but on the other hand, the short-range bracket is one of the biggest in the game.

I'd always imagined it working like a milder version of the homing laser powerups from those top-down vertical-scrolling jet SHMUPs, barely-restrained lightning that arcs towards metallic objects.

...of course, SNPPCs are more of a Jihad-period technology, alongside MMLs and Plasma Rifles. I would have expected stuff like MRMs, Streak 4/6, Heavy Lasers, C3/TSM/Stealth, and ATMs to be first on the list.

It's probably my fault... I love SN-PPCs and everyone knows I have massive influence on Russ, what I want, I get, apparently.... *rolls eyes*

#109 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:54 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 March 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

It's probably my fault... I love SN-PPCs and everyone knows I have massive influence on Russ, what I want, I get, apparently.... *rolls eyes*

Hey, if the jump were to the Jihad period and not the played out Civil War period, I would have nothing to complain about.

I'm just disappointed they went for the FCCW because the extent of the battletech universe that most people here know about is a free download of Mechwarrior 4 mercs. If they're going to aim for a particular era, I just hope they stay true to it.

Early-era Jihad would have been an even better setting, where nobody knew what was going on, and every border is hot as minor lords start lashing out at ancient enemies.

Edited by ice trey, 11 March 2017 - 07:57 PM.

#110 Figure 11

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:03 PM

The only thing I care about is getting my Urbanmech IIC.

#111 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:05 PM

View Postice trey, on 11 March 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

Hey, if the jump were to the Jihad period and not the played out Civil War period, I would have nothing to complain about.

I'm just disappointed they went for the FCCW because the extent of the battletech universe that most people here know about is a free download of Mechwarrior 4 mercs. If they're going to aim for a particular era, I just hope they stay true to it.

Early-era Jihad would have been an even better setting, where nobody knew what was going on, and every border is hot as minor lords start lashing out at ancient enemies.

I hear ya. I'm tired of retreading the same eras, but apprently, it's the only way to keep the MW franchise guys happy. So much more timeline to play and explore, but even over at HBS; you got the clowns... "buh buh buh MADCAT?!?!?!?!?!"

Because apparently the Clan Invasion is the only thing to ever happen in the entire 30+ year history of the IP

View PostFigure 11, on 11 March 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

The only thing I care about is getting my Urbanmech IIC.

I'm trying, I'm trying.

#112 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 March 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

I said enhanced ERPPC adds nothing, not the O-PPC which seems impossible to find stats

ya the I-PPC hasnt been added to Sarna yet, which im abit annoyed with,
Table from CGL's, Interstellar Operations which came out Jan 2016, Sarna should have been updated by now,
Posted Image
(I-PPCs (LosTech2822)(ReintroducedTech3060)

half debating if i should go and make a page on it my self,

#113 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:56 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 11 March 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

ya the I-PPC hasnt been added to Sarna yet, which im abit annoyed with,
Table from CGL's, Interstellar Operations which came out Jan 2016, Sarna should have been updated by now,
Posted Image
(I-PPCs (LosTech2822)(ReintroducedTech3060)

half debating if i should go and make a page on it my self,

I'd just like to be able to find it's actual stats somewhere, at all.

#114 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

its in Interstellar Operations, give me a min ill see if i can find the PDF and get you a Screen shot, ;)

#115 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

Rotary AC o7 !!!

#116 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, the land of slurpees and potholes

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:49 AM

View PostBolter01, on 12 March 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

Rotary AC o7 !!!

That's gonna be quite a handful to balance, depending on how it'll function. I think it should just be a high RoF AC that fires 0.5 and 1 damage shots for the RAC2 and RAC5 respectively, high facetime, high DPS.

#117 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:57 AM

View PostGentleman Reaper, on 12 March 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

That's gonna be quite a handful to balance, depending on how it'll function. I think it should just be a high RoF AC that fires 0.5 and 1 damage shots for the RAC2 and RAC5 respectively, high facetime, high DPS.

Shouldn't be that hard to balance. The slot requirements really put the kibosh on boating them.

#118 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 March 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

I'd just like to be able to find it's actual stats somewhere, at all.

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 11 March 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

its in Interstellar Operations, give me a min ill see if i can find the PDF and get you a Screen shot, Posted Image

Posted Image
p.95

Posted Image
p.214
it's type /// heat std /// dmg std /// range /// ammo /// hit mod /// TC comp /// rules level

Posted Image
p. 217
Tech Base /// Tech Rating /// Latest Intro /// item/ammo cost /// weight (tons) /// space [first column is M for Mech]
(Pictures from @FLG 01, Thanks for them, Posted Image )

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 12 March 2017 - 06:45 PM.

#119 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:41 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 12 March 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Posted Image p.95 Posted Image p.214 it's type /// heat std /// dmg std /// range /// ammo /// hit mod /// TC comp /// rules level Posted Image p. 217 Tech Base /// Tech Rating /// Latest Intro /// item/ammo cost /// weight (tons) /// space [first column is M for Mech] (Pictures from @FLG 01, Thanks for them, Posted Image )

OK, that makes sense. Clans would love it, though to make it "fair" either it would need about a 1 second slower cooldown.

#120 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 March 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

OK, that makes sense. Clans would love it, though to make it "fair" either it would need about a 1 second slower cooldown.

Or...hear me out...we could just leave balance-upsetting things out of the game.

/shrug

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users