206 replies to this topic

#201 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:09 AM

View Postcharliedelta76, on 14 March 2017 - 02:59 AM, said:

If EVERYONE switches to the clans the game isnt gonna be worth playing anymore.

Anyone the that ACTUALLY READS THE BOOKS...
Know that the CLANS where eventually BEATEN by the IS when Clan Technology is either reverse engineered and/or captured.

There by BALANCING the technoilogical Gap.

People who want things to REMAIN the same DO NOT want to loose their TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANTAGE.

No one ABSOLUTELY NO ONE... Wants to loose their advantage.

I believe that PGI wants to finally balance the game. So EVERYONE that bought Clan mechs will eventually shift to IS mechs because of the new TECH. I would not put it out of the possibillity for EXCLUSIVE IS tech.
Like ROTARY AUTOCANNONS first developed by Fedcom 3062 and later reverse engineered by clan Diamond Shark in 3069 then goes full manufacture in 3073.

So my dear Clanners...

EXPECT a bumpy ride after the summer.

There are two problems with your assumption:

1) The people who whine that 'all weapons need to be effective'

2) The people who whine 'TTK is too short'

The net effect of these is that most likely any weapons released will be nerfed down to level 1 tech (i.e. the IS ML). Need further proof? PGI and the whiners were so worried about doing 15 points of damage to one area, that the CERPPC was nerfed to do splash damage. So now you think PGI is going to be ok with releasing the heavy gauss that does 25? They were so worried about doing 40 damage in one shot they introduced ghost heat to 2xAC20s, you think they will allow a 4xMRM40 Stalker?

I warned about this years ago, by setting the standard as level 1 tech, you are miring this game in one place for all time. Bring the CERML back up to 450m and 2x range and balance the ISERML against that, leave the ISML at 270m and relegate it to 'filler' status. Why do I want to lengthen the range? This will allow players to fight at ranges that can reduce the impact of the heavier damage 3068 closer range weapons, you can fight outside the range where the heavy gauss does 25 damage, or outside the range where a significant number of MRM's will hit - thus you can introduce those weapons in their full glory, but have given the players tools to combat them. Hell I'd be fine with PGI removing all weapon skills and/or quirks if they would give us deadly weapons.

But 'TTK', others whine. The biggest problems with TTK surfaced when we went to 12 v 12. One on One, TTK isn't all that off. But fighting 1 vs 3 or 4 and TTK drops, the same thing happens in TT. A mech caught out in the open, fired upon by 3 or 4 mechs, doesn't last very long. Those clamoring for longer TTK, should be pushing for a return to 8 v 8 in qp and leave 12 v 12 in fw.

#202 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:17 AM

The problem with the cERPPC wasn't that it did 15 damage, it was that it did 15 damage while weighing nothing and taking up no real space. Heavy Gauss and Heavy PPC are not even remotely comparable to that.

#203 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:18 AM

Due to the latest issue with the skill tree, futuretech™ has also been pushed back to a later date while they work hard on doing nothing with this game.

#204 Mcgral18

• CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:24 AM

View Postcharliedelta76, on 14 March 2017 - 12:13 AM, said:

It is Now March 14th
1:13am...

What Now.

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 14 March 2017 - 04:20 AM, said:

So, it's March 14, where is the equipment info?

You can expect it no less than 5 hours from now

#205 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,045 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:40 AM

View Postcharliedelta76, on 14 March 2017 - 02:49 AM, said:

Staying the same will make things STALE.
If this game does not move forward and the clan keeps dominating...
People will start to leave after all getting smoked by Clan Mechs every faction play that is NOT fun.

I have a feeling the general whiners of this new technology. Will be grinders so entrenched with the tech they use. ANY NEW TECHNOLOGY will severly disrupt their gaming styles... GAMERS in general are creatures of habit any major disturbance upsets this balance and ticks them off.

i dont think weapons is as big a no starter as the skill trees. you dont have to use new weapons if you dont want to, where as the skill trees would be the only way. that said if pgi attempts to tack on a bunch of unrelated bs on top of it, that bs will catch hell from the community and it will get pulled before it hits live. i would like that not to happen so i get my rac. im not going to bad mouth new guns and the rest of the community would be wise to follow suit. if new guns dont hit as planned im leaving. im tired of teasing us with new content and then hitting the abort button at the last minute. thats worse than the utter failures like we've seen with previous incarnations of fp.

Edited by LordNothing, 14 March 2017 - 07:45 AM.

#206 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,045 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:55 AM

View PostChados, on 14 March 2017 - 02:30 AM, said:

Yeah, I have to agree. The tech jump will never release. The majority of it would favor the IS, and the Fedcom Civil War era downplays the Clans. There's a lot of crosstech in it as well. The QQ will be deafening when TTK drops with Rotary ACs and Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifles and Clan Heavy Lasers and X-Pulse Lasers dominating the New Meta. This never sees the light of day.

is newtech should pretty much be at the same level as current clan tech. new clantech needs to be utilitarian and fun as opposed to a next leap forward. take streak lerms for example, more of a buff to the direct fire usage and less of a real game changer, its still going to be a low damage scatter weapon and wont be the subject of metas.

#207 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 March 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

I find anyone's desire for a Hauptman mildly disturbing. Sunglass wearing, cigar smoking, cat faced, Legomech.

You just countered your own point Posted Image Also see below.

View Post1453 R, on 13 March 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

Can you possibly think of a better 'Mech for the tryhard crew to lord it over people in than a cigar-smoking, sunglasses'-wearing, cat-faced Legomech? Posted Image

One only needs the appropriate soundtrack Posted Image

View PostJingseng, on 14 March 2017 - 01:13 AM, said:

They are going to introduce a brand new weapon - The Salt Laser. It is a high powered laser weapon that uses the salt from the tears of the forum warriors. It grows more powerful over time, and deals corrosive DoT on hit. It does double damage to quad leg, mk II, and IS omni mechs.

All that remains is for some BT greybeard lore-hound to crawl out of its hole and say: "Hur-dur, but there is a canon version for that!" http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Fluid_Gun

View Postcharliedelta76, on 14 March 2017 - 02:59 AM, said:

I believe that PGI wants to finally balance the game. So EVERYONE that bought Clan mechs will eventually shift to IS mechs because of the new TECH. I would not put it out of the possibillity for EXCLUSIVE IS tech.
Like ROTARY AUTOCANNONS first developed by Fedcom 3062 and later reverse engineered by clan Diamond Shark in 3069 then goes full manufacture in 3073.

So my dear Clanners...

EXPECT a bumpy ride after the summer.

I have been riding Clan mechs all the way since their debut on PTS and I have to say I expect absolutely nothing BUT a bumpy ride no matter what PGI does with "balance". I am well used to LL Stalkers outranging Clan ERLL's, AC/5 Wolverines almost outgunning Dire Wolves and Firestarters standing still in front of half the enemy team, just shooting and not bothering to dodge, kite or whatever else light mechs are forced to do to survive for more than five seconds in these circumstances (that one lasted almost half a minute). I do take pride and pleasure in beating these odds though. Concerning the tech I only want my own toys and mechs that come with them. All of this and the fact that many ForumWarriors rely on crutches and participation trophies to inflate their own egos says a lot more about them than it does about me.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users