#161 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:14 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 March 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

HBK-4G(F), Urbies and Catapults are my priority. After that, I'll get around to it, well, when I get around to it.

But again, I'm even more looking forward to how those nodes will stack up with the new tech for those mechs, this summer, like hopefully LFEs... (hint, hint! New Tech topic, Not a skill tree topic!)

Yeah, I think some players are having a tough time coming to terms with the fact that they won't have every single mech mastered, and that feels like losing progress to them, because with the "gotta' master them all" mentality, it is losing progress. Admittedly, I don't have the same drive.. I'm okay with some mechs being unmastered and will get around to it when I feel like playing the mech, because at 73 nodes you are almost there anyway, just don't take the consumable skills until the end and you will even save some money.

Granted, would reducing it to the ~60k XP required by the current system be a bad thing? Not to the playerbase...

#162 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:15 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 13 March 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

Yeah, I think some players are having a tough time coming to terms with the fact that they won't have every single mech mastered, and that feels like losing progress to them, because with the "gotta' master them all" mentality, it is losing progress. Admittedly, I don't have the same drive.. I'm okay with some mechs being unmastered and will get around to it when I feel like playing the mech, because at 73 nodes you are almost there anyway, just don't take the consumable skills until the end and you will even save some money.

Granted, would reducing it to the ~60k XP required by the current system be a bad thing? Not to the playerbase...

New Tech topic... new tech topic, new tech topic........ Posted Image

(60ish nodes brings you pretty close to a current mastered and un moduled mech... that's 48000. It's the full 91 that goes over the cost... but then how much did it cost to unlock those modules currently...15k gxp? )

Not a skill tree topic, not a skil tree topic...darn it!

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 13 March 2017 - 09:17 AM.

#163 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 March 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

New Tech topic... new tech topic, new tech topic........ Posted Image

GAH. [Canadian] Sorry!

Can't wait to find out how many PPCs and PPC + capacitor configurations we get :D

#164 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:21 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 13 March 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

GAH. [Canadian] Sorry!

Can't wait to find out how many PPCs and PPC + capacitor configurations we get Posted Image

AMEN!!!!!

And even though it's not close to timeline, production wise.. the FedCom (I think) was experimenting with Hardened Armor in the late 3040s, so even though it's probably wishful thinking...i really want to drop about 35 tons of this stuff on one of my Atlases. Just so I can pretend I'm the VIP mech!

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 13 March 2017 - 09:21 AM.

#165 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:11 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 March 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

AMEN!!!!!

And even though it's not close to timeline, production wise.. the FedCom (I think) was experimenting with Hardened Armor in the late 3040s, so even though it's probably wishful thinking...i really want to drop about 35 tons of this stuff on one of my Atlases. Just so I can pretend I'm the VIP mech!

no Bishop, what you need is Modular Armor, 1Crit & 1Ton for 10Armor Points(20in MWO)
to the location its placed in(Max 1Per Location) it also decreases the mechs speed by 1Hex(11Kph-ish),
with this i feel we would have many more options we didnt before,

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 13 March 2017 - 10:14 AM.

#166 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:14 AM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 13 March 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

no Bishop, what you need is Modular Armor, 1Crit & 1Ton for 10Armor Points to a Location(Max 1Per Location)
it also decreases the mechs speed by 1Hex(11Kph-ish) so its a give an take but would be cool to have as well,

PGI would need to give us a LOT more armor or reduce the speed modifier. Nobody would lose 11-12 KPH for 10 armor.

#167 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

View Postcazidin, on 13 March 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

PGI would need to give us a LOT more armor or reduce the speed modifier. Nobody would lose 11-12 KPH for 10 armor.

ya just edited my post, Posted Image Doubled it to 20Points of Armor, as MWO has Doubled armor as well,

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 13 March 2017 - 10:15 AM.

#168 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

I like the idea of modular armor. One slot, one ton, bolt an extra whatever amount of armor onto the 'Mech by just literally bolting it on there. Needs to be less protection than an ordinary ton of armor or it'd basically become mandatory, but I don't think the speed penalty need apply. Certainly no one-hex penalty, as that's just arbitrarily huge and only happened in the first place because TT can't measure anything but hexes.

Nevertheless, being able to slap extra armor onto some 'Mechs might help bolster weak geometry to some extent, or let someone really grind home the whole brawler thing. Also still better than Hardened armor, which is just bad on every existing possible level.

#169 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 13 March 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

ya just edited my post, Posted Image Doubled it to 20Points of Armor, as MWO has Doubled armor as well,

Alright. 20 to my CT might be worth the speed loss, or my ST if I'm running XL but that defeats the point of XL.

#170 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,755 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 March 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

And even though it's not close to timeline, production wise.. the FedCom (I think) was experimenting with Hardened Armor in the late 3040s

I'm pretty sure they were, I know it was in R&D a long time before it was actually mass-produced. Sarna says mid 3040s is when R&D started, would need to double check Tac-Ops/SSW for official dates though.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 13 March 2017 - 10:47 AM.

#171 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

View Post1453 R, on 13 March 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

I like the idea of modular armor. One slot, one ton, bolt an extra whatever amount of armor onto the 'Mech by just literally bolting it on there. Needs to be less protection than an ordinary ton of armor or it'd basically become mandatory, but I don't think the speed penalty need apply. Certainly no one-hex penalty, as that's just arbitrarily huge and only happened in the first place because TT can't measure anything but hexes.

Nevertheless, being able to slap extra armor onto some 'Mechs might help bolster weak geometry to some extent, or let someone really grind home the whole brawler thing. Also still better than Hardened armor, which is just bad on every existing possible level.

my Escorpion Imperio Urbanmech IIIC packing 13.5 tons of armor and essentially immune to all thru armor crits, etc, would disagree with that. In fact, it' would like to use all 4 of it's (I) Heavy Medium lasers to debate the point.

#172 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,676 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

If true about the Snub Nose PPC, then the Panther just got some love. . . B-I-G T-I-M-E!!!!

#173 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:47 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 March 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

my Escorpion Imperio Urbanmech IIIC packing 13.5 tons of armor and essentially immune to all thru armor crits, etc, would disagree with that. In fact, it' would like to use all 4 of it's (I) Heavy Medium lasers to debate the point.

I know what I'd send to debate that point with it...

Posted Image

#174 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 March 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

Your Escorpion Imperio UrbanMech IIIC packing 13.5 tons of armor and essentially immune to all through-armor crits would have to catch me to disagree with that point. Which, at a maximum top speed of somewhere in the realm of...what, 8kph?...it would be trying to do for a long, long, long time.

I'm not worried Posted Image And I stand by my assertion that Hardened armor has pretty much flat zero redeeming qualities.

#175 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

I'll try to contain my exitement, will not be disappointed but.. Tomorrow!
I hope PGI fill out the missing weapons at the IS side, like streak 4, 6, ERSL, ERML.
Also. I do want heavy lasers, different machine guns and MURMS!

#176 Hulley

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:52 PM

AFTER DOING SOME RESEARCH!

​I've concluded a small list of mech's we may see in the coming update.

IS:
Uziel: Iconic mech, is one that people have been jiddering over. Though it lacks variants, which might eliminate it from the line up.
Legacy: An assault mech, a mech with a handful of variants, more than the uziel, but where it lacks in this it makes up for by carrying Snub nose ppcs, and a MASC system on it's special variant.

CLAN:
Lobo: Like the uziel, it lacks variants, and really only has 3 variants. But the Lobo Loads ATMs, which are one of the rumored weapon systems for the Clans.
Blood Asp: An assault mech, a perfect match to the Legacy, It mounts PPcs, Heavy lasers, and even ATMs on one assortment.

These are just my rough guesses as to what we're in for.

#177 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:05 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 13 March 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

I know what I'd send to debate that point with it... Posted Image

View Post1453 R, on 13 March 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

Your Escorpion Imperio UrbanMech IIIC packing 13.5 tons of armor and essentially immune to all through-armor crits would have to catch me to disagree with that point. Which, at a maximum top speed of somewhere in the realm of...what, 8kph?...it would be trying to do for a long, long, long time. I'm not worried Posted Image And I stand by my assertion that Hardened armor has pretty much flat zero redeeming qualities.

Actually it has 3/4/3 movement, since it was designed as a Defender, not an attack unit. But I'm sure we have a few Solitaires around here if we need to herd you along....

#178 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:05 PM

View PostHulley, on 13 March 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

AFTER DOING SOME RESEARCH!

​I've concluded a small list of mech's we may see in the coming update.

IS:
Uziel: Iconic mech, is one that people have been jiddering over. Though it lacks variants, which might eliminate it from the line up.
Legacy: An assault mech, a mech with a handful of variants, more than the uziel, but where it lacks in this it makes up for by carrying Snub nose ppcs, and a MASC system on it's special variant.

CLAN:
Lobo: Like the uziel, it lacks variants, and really only has 3 variants. But the Lobo Loads ATMs, which are one of the rumored weapon systems for the Clans.
Blood Asp: An assault mech, a perfect match to the Legacy, It mounts PPcs, Heavy lasers, and even ATMs on one assortment.

These are just my rough guesses as to what we're in for.

I find your lack of Hauptmann and Fafnir disturbing. Also I am eagerly awaiting PGI's take on ATM since they have the exact same issue as LB-x cannons, if not worse. And maybe, finally... laser AMS?

#179 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

View PostHawk819, on 13 March 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

If true about the Snub Nose PPC, then the Panther just got some love. . . B-I-G T-I-M-E!!!!

Same with at least one of my urbanmechs.

View PostSniper09121986, on 13 March 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

I find your lack of Hauptmann and Fafnir disturbing. Also I am eagerly awaiting PGI's take on ATM since they have the exact same issue as LB-x cannons, if not worse. And maybe, finally... laser AMS?

I find anyone's desire for a Hauptman mildly disturbing. Sunglass wearing, cigar smoking, cat faced, Legomech.

(not that I dislike it or anything...) Posted Image

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 13 March 2017 - 02:07 PM.

#180 Phantom360

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 92 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOver where the grass is greener.

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:07 PM

Would be nice to see the innersphere Thanotos make an apearence, it would probably need allot of art love from Alex to reduce its wide, boxy Awesome like profile, but I think it would be a nice a addition to the already existing line of available IS Heavy mechs.
Plus the fact that one of the variants would come with 2 of the newer weapon systems that will hopefully be becoming available too us wouldn't hurt as well :3
Always liked the close range med pulse, MRM and LB20x combo.... XD

Edited by Phantom360, 13 March 2017 - 02:10 PM.

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users