206 replies to this topic

#181 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:11 PM

View Post1453 R, on 13 March 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

Your Escorpion Imperio UrbanMech IIIC packing 13.5 tons of armor and essentially immune to all through-armor crits would have to catch me to disagree with that point. Which, at a maximum top speed of somewhere in the realm of...what, 8kph?...it would be trying to do for a long, long, long time.

I'm not worried Posted Image And I stand by my assertion that Hardened armor has pretty much flat zero redeeming qualities.
It can make for some pretty damn unkillable assault machines, especially if Clantech is involved. Like the Viking IIC or the Stalker II. Although the latter has some extra issues that makes the hardened armor a more unfortunate choice...

It can also make faster lights survive such wonderful things as a Gauss Headshot.

#182 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 March 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

I find anyone's desire for a Hauptman mildly disturbing. Sunglass wearing, cigar smoking, cat faced, Legomech.

(not that I dislike it or anything...) Posted Image

Posted Image

C'mon, Bish.

C'mon.

Can you possibly think of a better 'Mech for the tryhard crew to lord it over people in than a cigar-smoking, sunglasses'-wearing, cat-faced Legomech? Posted Image

#183 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:25 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 March 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

Actually it has 3/4/3 movement, since it was designed as a Defender, not an attack unit. But I'm sure we have a few Solitaires around here if we need to herd you along....

I think I know the best way to deal with that then....

Posted Image

#184 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:27 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 13 March 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

I think I know the best way to deal with that then....

Posted Image

pffft. Between the shape and the hardened armor? Urbie probably just keep on trucking. Just slap on some sunglasses n go.

#185 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 March 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

pffft. Between the shape and the hardened armor? Urbie probably just keep on trucking. Just slap on some sunglasses n go.

Never said it was for the Urbanmech... that's for the Solitaires....

#186 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:40 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 13 March 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

Never said it was for the Urbanmech... that's for the Solitaires....

AH.

So the plan is to nuke a Clan Enclave....and give the rest of the Clan a valid excuse to unleash their own arsenal of Atomics and Warships, indiscriminately, at the hands of a bunch of enraged, necrosia addled looneys?

This ought to end well.

#187 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:00 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 March 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

AH.

So the plan is to nuke a Clan Enclave....and give the rest of the Clan a valid excuse to unleash their own arsenal of Atomics and Warships, indiscriminately, at the hands of a bunch of enraged, necrosia addled looneys?

This ought to end well.

Nuke all of them simultaneously, nobody significant left to retaliate.

#188 charliedelta76

• PipPip
  • Leftenant Colonel
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:13 AM

It is Now March 14th
1:13am...

What Now.

#189 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:15 AM

Don't worry player base when the PTS comes out for new tech it will not make it into the game, because players can't handle change.

Edited by Clownwarlord, 14 March 2017 - 12:15 AM.

#190 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,059 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:48 AM

i expect it to go sort of like this:

"new weapons pushed back pending solution to skill tree fiasco. expect pts for new weapons in august"

later that summer:

"new weapons on pts, in addition to new weapons we've made a number of changes to the classic weapons. we added the gauss charge mechanic to ppcs, ultra autocannons, pulse lasers, flamers and machine guns to make them more competitive with the new equipment. lb spread increased 50%, uac jam chance now rolls for every round and lrms will now home perfectly when you are alone 900 meters from the action. clan weapons have also been improved to make them on par with new is weapons. we have also normalized all the weapons so they are effectively the same. we have also added energy draw and ghost range mechanics for no reason other than to annoy you. pts will run in september and expected to be deployed in the september patch"

one month later

"feedback from the pts has been largely positive, but it is clear that we bit off more than we could chew, we will now revert the game back to 3050 and start over. would you like to buy a mech pack? you can even have gold varients for $1000. wait where are you going? we need your monies!"

Edited by LordNothing, 14 March 2017 - 12:52 AM.

#191 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:13 AM

They are going to introduce a brand new weapon - The Salt Laser. It is a high powered laser weapon that uses the salt from the tears of the forum warriors. It grows more powerful over time, and deals corrosive DoT on hit. It does double damage to quad leg, mk II, and IS omni mechs.

#192 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:34 AM

they won't release it...because people will definitely find stuff they don't like and while constantly about it...

#193 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:37 AM

View PostJingseng, on 14 March 2017 - 01:13 AM, said:

They are going to introduce a brand new weapon - The Salt Laser. It is a high powered laser weapon that uses the salt from the tears of the forum warriors. It grows more powerful over time, and deals corrosive DoT on hit. It does double damage to quad leg, mk II, and IS omni mechs.

CORRECTION ... it will only be released in PTS but never make it to live servers. To much change.

#194 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:30 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 14 March 2017 - 12:48 AM, said:

i expect it to go sort of like this:

"new weapons pushed back pending solution to skill tree fiasco. expect pts for new weapons in august"

later that summer:

"new weapons on pts, in addition to new weapons we've made a number of changes to the classic weapons. we added the gauss charge mechanic to ppcs, ultra autocannons, pulse lasers, flamers and machine guns to make them more competitive with the new equipment. lb spread increased 50%, uac jam chance now rolls for every round and lrms will now home perfectly when you are alone 900 meters from the action. clan weapons have also been improved to make them on par with new is weapons. we have also normalized all the weapons so they are effectively the same. we have also added energy draw and ghost range mechanics for no reason other than to annoy you. pts will run in september and expected to be deployed in the september patch"

one month later

"feedback from the pts has been largely positive, but it is clear that we bit off more than we could chew, we will now revert the game back to 3050 and start over. would you like to buy a mech pack? you can even have gold varients for $1000. wait where are you going? we need your monies!"

Yeah, I have to agree. The tech jump will never release. The majority of it would favor the IS, and the Fedcom Civil War era downplays the Clans. There's a lot of crosstech in it as well. The QQ will be deafening when TTK drops with Rotary ACs and Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifles and Clan Heavy Lasers and X-Pulse Lasers dominating the New Meta. This never sees the light of day.

#195 charliedelta76

• PipPip
  • Leftenant Colonel
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:49 AM

View PostChados, on 14 March 2017 - 02:30 AM, said:

Yeah, I have to agree. The tech jump will never release. The majority of it would favor the IS, and the Fedcom Civil War era downplays the Clans. There's a lot of crosstech in it as well. The QQ will be deafening when TTK drops with Rotary ACs and Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifles and Clan Heavy Lasers and X-Pulse Lasers dominating the New Meta. This never sees the light of day.

Staying the same will make things STALE.
If this game does not move forward and the clan keeps dominating...
People will start to leave after all getting smoked by Clan Mechs every faction play that is NOT fun.

I have a feeling the general whiners of this new technology. Will be grinders so entrenched with the tech they use. ANY NEW TECHNOLOGY will severly disrupt their gaming styles... GAMERS in general are creatures of habit any major disturbance upsets this balance and ticks them off.

Edited by charliedelta76, 14 March 2017 - 02:52 AM.

#196 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:51 AM

View Postcharliedelta76, on 14 March 2017 - 02:49 AM, said:

Staying the same will make things STALE.
If this game does not move forward and the clan keeps dominating...
People will start to leave after all getting smoked by Clan Mechs every faction play that is NOT fun.

Or switch to Clans.

For the past few months Clanners have complained about a sharp increase to lurmers to their FW teams.

#197 charliedelta76

• PipPip
  • Leftenant Colonel
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:59 AM

View PostLupis Volk, on 14 March 2017 - 02:51 AM, said:

Or switch to Clans.

For the past few months Clanners have complained about a sharp increase to lurmers to their FW teams.

If EVERYONE switches to the clans the game isnt gonna be worth playing anymore.

Anyone the that ACTUALLY READS THE BOOKS...
Know that the CLANS where eventually BEATEN by the IS when Clan Technology is either reverse engineered and/or captured.

There by BALANCING the technoilogical Gap.

People who want things to REMAIN the same DO NOT want to loose their TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANTAGE.

No one ABSOLUTELY NO ONE... Wants to loose their advantage.

I believe that PGI wants to finally balance the game. So EVERYONE that bought Clan mechs will eventually shift to IS mechs because of the new TECH. I would not put it out of the possibillity for EXCLUSIVE IS tech.
Like ROTARY AUTOCANNONS first developed by Fedcom 3062 and later reverse engineered by clan Diamond Shark in 3069 then goes full manufacture in 3073.

So my dear Clanners...

EXPECT a bumpy ride after the summer.

Edited by charliedelta76, 14 March 2017 - 03:11 AM.

#198 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:20 AM

So, it's March 14, where is the equipment info?

#199 Terrorsdawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:27 AM

I find it funny anyone expects new tech at all.

We will hear and read about.

***** and moan about it.

Some will scream they are quitting if it's delivered.

And PGI will delay it, sorta tweek it. Then in the end shelve it.

#200 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:35 AM

March 14th and only announcement is skill tree delayed. Whiners can be blamed on the date delay. Here is hoping for something today.

57 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 57 guests, 0 anonymous users