206 replies to this topic

#81 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

We need new stuff to dent, blast, rip and tear metal with. And properly balance them accordingly so no weapon are useless.. heh..

#82 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

View PostTordin, on 10 March 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

And properly balance them accordingly so no weapon are useless.. heh..

an optimist, are ye'

#83 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:46 PM

View PostTordin, on 10 March 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

We need new stuff to dent, blast, rip and tear metal with. And properly balance them accordingly so no weapon are useless.. heh..

I'd be happy with "While not optimal, the vast majority of weapons are at least viable tools for killing stuff." One needs to be a realist here, or one can go crazy.

#84 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:53 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 10 March 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

or one can go crazy.

Posted Image

You called?

Anyways, I thought of something nasty. What if all the weapons PGI teases are actually the ones that WON'T be added?

#85 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:56 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 10 March 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

You called?

Anyways, I thought of something nasty. What if all the weapons PGI teases are actually the ones that WON'T be added?

If PGI manages to screw up the tech/time jump, which I would not put it past them finding SOME way to royally screw the pooch, AGAIN, then the forums will likely burn.

#86 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:11 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 10 March 2017 - 10:56 PM, said:

If PGI manages to screw up the tech/time jump, which I would not put it past them finding SOME way to royally screw the pooch, AGAIN, then the forums will likely burn.

TBH, I don't know if I'll join the rioters, or just sit there with unimaginable levels of disappointment. It really depends on how bad it is. But I'm pretty much guaranteed to be disappointed, since I have a feeling CDS won't be added as a faction, and that we'll get the stinkin' Blood ASP instead of the Mad Cat MK II. Aka the main things behind HTAL and colorblind support that I want for this game.

#87 TheMadTypist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:25 PM

I'm pleased with the current effort to engage people around the information campaign for the tech-jump. Hopefully it pulls in old folks who just follow through social media and maybe brings in some newbies who like ARG-things.

There's enough gear in the offing that I'm sure some part of it will be usable, and the real advantage is opening up the field for more variety within the same hardpoints.

I wonder how the new skill-system will feed into the new weapons? will new nodes be added with specific bonuses for the new equipment? or will they benefit only from the laser/missile/auto-cannon generic bonuses?

#88 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 10 March 2017 - 10:56 PM, said:

I doubt I would rage this time. Instead I got a plan B: I will go and buy some popcorn and read the forums and some funny PGI damage control tweets. This will be premium entertainment for countless hours.

Edited by Bush Hopper, 10 March 2017 - 11:42 PM.

#89 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:08 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 10 March 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

TBH, I don't know if I'll join the rioters, or just sit there with unimaginable levels of disappointment. It really depends on how bad it is. But I'm pretty much guaranteed to be disappointed, since I have a feeling CDS won't be added as a faction, and that we'll get the stinkin' Blood ASP instead of the Mad Cat MK II. Aka the main things behind HTAL and colorblind support that I want for this game.

Well, you're probably right that Diamond Shark won't be a thing, but I think PGI would be beyond idiotic if they don't make the Mad Cat MK II one of the two new 3060+ Clan mechs.

After the hundreds of posts I've seen about that mech, they would literally be shooting themselves in the foot if that mech isn't added at this point in time. Shooting themselves worse than the cluster-f*** that is putting in the skill system BEFORE all these new weapons which will require skills of their own be added to probably several of the trees.

View PostBush Hopper, on 10 March 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

I doubt I would rage this time. Instead I got a plan B: I will go and buy some popcorn and read the forums and some funny PGI damage control tweets. This will be premium entertainment for countless hours.

I don't think they could DC fast enough if they f*** this up. The only way they could would be to just shut down their twitter and instagram accounts and shut down the game and the forums here.

If PGI f***s this up, they might as well just shut it down because the salt over these huge additions/changes will make the salt over the Phoenix Re-Sale Poll look like a Church Choir Group by comparison.

Edited by Alan Davion, 11 March 2017 - 12:08 AM.

#90 W31rdWarrior

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 93 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:38 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 March 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

dunno, but my Urbie is ready...... (SNPPC and 4x HMG UM-R60 confirmed!)

Awwww same thought
Also my Mauler MX-90... 6xHMG <3

Edited by W31rdWarrior, 11 March 2017 - 12:39 PM.

#91 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

View PostW31rdWarrior, on 11 March 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

Awwww same thought
Also my Mauler MX-90... 6xHMG <3

machine gun jubblies!

#92 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:31 PM

I have seen the futuretech™

The future is whelming.

#93 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

so the likely hood of me getting my I-PPC for Clans?(same as IS-PPC, but for Clan)

(as their is no Sarna Page for the I-PPC(Table from CGL's, Interstellar Operations)
Posted Image
(I-PPCs (LosTech2822)(ReintroducedTech3060)=

#94 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 11 March 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

so the likely hood of me getting my I-PPC for Clans?(same as IS-PPC, but for Clan)

(as their is no Sarna Page for the I-PPC(Table from CGL's, Interstellar Operations)
Posted Image
(I-PPCs (LosTech2822)(ReintroducedTech3060)=

wouldn't hold your breath, but I'd be ok with it... the Enhnaced ERPPC, maybe (though it really provides no advantages to the Clans... IS would take it though!), but honestly I don't even know of any mechs or references that actually touched on the i-PPC. Honestly I can't even think of another mention of it, at all. :/

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 11 March 2017 - 05:21 PM.

#95 The Zohan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:29 PM

Nonono none of this crap. Advancing the timeline will kill this game, at least for me. PGI is not able to balance (clan and is tech is NOT meant to be on the same level but thats another topic) let alone implementing anything of this properly. We´ve seen this time after time after time and the clusterfudge with quirks/ghostheat/new skill system isnt helping the cause either.

#96 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

View PostThe Zohan, on 11 March 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

Nonono none of this crap. Advancing the timeline will kill this game, at least for me. PGI is not able to balance (clan and is tech is NOT meant to be on the same level but thats another topic) let alone implementing anything of this properly. We´ve seen this time after time after time and the clusterfudge with quirks/ghostheat/new skill system isnt helping the cause either.

whelp, I suggest you start preparing for a funeral. *shrugs*

Hamster wheel can only turn in place for so long.

#97 The Zohan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:50 PM

Sure feels like it. Maybe they´ll come to their senses when more ppl stop playing but somehow I doubt it. Russ and co seem to be comfortable in their Canadian bubble where unicorns s**t marshmallows and the sky is always blue.

#98 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:12 PM

View PostThe Zohan, on 11 March 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

Sure feels like it. Maybe they´ll come to their senses when more ppl stop playing but somehow I doubt it. Russ and co seem to be comfortable in their Canadian bubble where unicorns s**t marshmallows and the sky is always blue.

or are just a little underwhelmed by that particular "threat", since it's been claimed over any major change since the beginning of 2013..... and hasn't happened.

#99 The Zohan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

Its not a thread but a sad reality - regardless if I fire up Strana Mechty TS or the game client and check my friends list. I guess they´re delusional at best. The other option would be batsh*t crazy.

Also "it" has happened - the amount of players has dropped. Cant deny that, despite they dont release the numbers. YOu experience that first hand when dropping solo.

Edited by The Zohan, 11 March 2017 - 06:33 PM.

#100 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:41 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 March 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

or are just a little underwhelmed by that particular &quot;threat&quot;, since it's been claimed over any major change since the beginning of 2013..... and hasn't happened.

... Over any change, major or minor. Or the lack of changes. Or new Mechs. Or no new Mechs. New equipment. No new equipment. New year modes. No new game mods. Maps. Colors. Decals. Freaking anything or nothing.

It's such a stupid threat people keep bringing up, as it gets used so absurdly often that even in cases where it may have real import, you can't tell as it's ALWAYS the thing. "There's something I don't like with the game, and it's killing it. You can tell, because my friends list is always empty."

People come and go, there's always churn. If you stop making new friends, that will eventually happen in any game.

I know I can log in to MWO, and see at least half a dozen people I know online anytime, often many more.

Still, yes, populations do shrink over time, for lots of reasons. I go big stretches without playing MWO, because I've played for 5 years. I want to play other games too :)

But yeah, overuse of that whole line has rendered it completely useless. Just another guy proclaiming the sky is falling, and it just has to be because of his pet reason.

Edited by Wintersdark, 11 March 2017 - 06:42 PM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users