#41 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:34 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 09 March 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

They can't properly balance what's already in the game because one side doesn't have the same stuff the other side has.

The Clan ER Small/Medium, Streak 4/6, UAC 2/10/20, LBX 2/5/20... I think that's everything... Can't be properly balanced until the IS gets the equivalent weapons.

Why can't they balance SPLs or a Gauss Rifles then?
What do you balance an ML against? How do you balance the ML VS the isERML VS the cERML

These have very simple answers which beg another question: PGIPLZ

#42 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

Im real curious to see what they do with the IS ER Medium laser.

ML: 4 heat, 5 damage, 270m range, .9 second duration
cERML: 6 heat, 7 damage, 405m range (with rapid fall off), 1.15 second duration
is ERML: 5 heat, 5 damage, 350m range, 1.05 second duration is my guess, but that will definitely be inferior to the cERML, and wont sync up as well with LPL, maybe largeX pulse lasers though.. Another thing I'm curious about is how they make sure the large x pulse doesnt overlap in role with the Large Laser.

#43 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:14 AM

I was hype for new tech, but then Piranha gutted the game's mobility curve in ST PTS2. At this point I'm...ambivalent. One of the things I was most looking forward to was the possibility of new weapon types allowing raiders and fast-strikers to make more sense in this game, with stuff like heavy lasers enabling Vipers or Shadow Cats (and Sphere equivalents) to actually do their jobs.

Now those 'Mechs don't have the mobility to do their jobs regardless of their weaponry, so...yeah. Not really sure how excited I am about FutureTech anymore. Which is incredibly depressing given how big a proponent I've been of FutureTech for quite some time now. Kinda really hate Piranha for ruining this for me, damn them.

Blegh.

#44 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 10 March 2017 - 05:34 AM, said:

Why can't they balance SPLs or a Gauss Rifles then?
What do you balance an ML against? How do you balance the ML VS the isERML VS the cERML

These have very simple answers which beg another question: PGIPLZ

The answer Is very simple.

Dartboard of Destiny.

Apparently, you can buy it for 49.99.

I checked. Posted Image

#45 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:36 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 09 March 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

They can't properly balance what's already in the game because one side doesn't have the same stuff the other side has.

Which adding newer tech won't further add into the confusion? Take a look at MW:LL pre-community build for example. Some weapons were stupidly overpowered on the clan side like large pulse lasers. While the IS will finally get some weapon systems to make them more desirable to play as, I think PGI needs to let go of this 'universal balance between both sides' mentality because BALANCE DOESN'T EXIST IN BATTLETECH.

I'm really starting to believe that the meta community for this game is just as equally responsible for the bad decision making being conducted at the top. Can I slap whoever decided that 'Gauss rifle charge up times were a good idea in the name of balance' in the face?

#46 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:37 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 10 March 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

Which adding newer tech won't further add into the confusion? Take a look at MW:LL pre-community build for example. Some weapons were stupidly overpowered on the clan side like large pulse lasers. While the IS will finally get some weapon systems to make them more desirable to play as, I think PGI needs to let go of this 'universal balance between both sides' mentality because BALANCE DOESN'T EXIST IN BATTLETECH.

I'm really starting to believe that the meta community for this game is just as equally responsible for the bad decision making being conducted at the top. Can I slap whoever decided that 'Gauss rifle charge up times were a good idea in the name of balance' in the face?

MWO isn't balanced at the top

And your opinion would spell the death of the game

#47 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:40 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 10 March 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

Gauss charge sequence is a behavior some people enjoy as much as other people denigrate. While the ultracomps could stand to be a little less ultracompy at all times, step down off their 'top-down balance 4EVAR' high horse, and admit that the game has to be playable for the portion of the playerbase not in the top one-tenth percent of the competitive leagues...you can't lay gauss charge on the ultracomps, and they're generally a good source of well-reasoned proposals that at least provoke thought.

Even if I really, really, really need them to stop acting like the rest of us just flat-out don't exist Posted Image

#48 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:38 AM

View Postcazidin, on 10 March 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

The answer Is very simple.

Dartboard of Destiny.

Apparently, you can buy it for 49.99.

I checked. Posted Image

Dartboard is a lie, a ruse.

Paul just uses it as an excuse to chuck darts around the office. Balance decisions are actually made according to what the fortune cookies in the day's take out say.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 10 March 2017 - 10:39 AM.

#49 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:43 AM

View Post1453 R, on 10 March 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

Gauss charge sequence is a behavior some people enjoy as much as other people denigrate. While the ultracomps could stand to be a little less ultracompy at all times, step down off their 'top-down balance 4EVAR' high horse, and admit that the game has to be playable for the portion of the playerbase not in the top one-tenth percent of the competitive leagues...you can't lay gauss charge on the ultracomps, and they're generally a good source of well-reasoned proposals that at least provoke thought.

Even if I really, really, really need them to stop acting like the rest of us just flat-out don't exist Posted Image

They tend to be vital for determining what is broke or not.

What they are less great at, in general, is actually discovering and suggesting fixes. Since the entire philosophy is simply to identify the 1% and use and abuse it. Mind you there are some Comp Players who are very very good at the research, breakdowns, etc. And there are some non comps who are just as good at it, even if they don't have the twitchy reflexes to play comp level.

But the majority of players, at any level realyl do just "follow the leader". Great reflexes on a disciplined team and the ability to read MetaMechs.com does not make one a balance genius, inherently, or even guarantee a heightened insight, thereof. As proven by the many downright awful ideas posted by some competitive players. Or the very agenda based ideas to benefit the 1% or maintain the status quo.

Getting the actual movers and shaker of all "skill levels" to work together? Then you start to see some useful results.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 10 March 2017 - 10:43 AM.

#50 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:47 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 March 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

Getting the actual movers and shaker of all "skill levels" to work together? Then you start to see some useful results.

Too bad the reality as experienced by a comp level pilot and a T5 hashbrown are so completely alien to one another. It is literally flipped. On one half, precision aimed weapon systems rule the day. On the other, when nobody can aim, imprecise but self-guided weapon systems reign supreme. The amount of things that both ends of the spectrum would agree on can probably be counted on one hand.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 10 March 2017 - 10:47 AM.

#51 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:05 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 10 March 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

MWO isn't balanced at the top

And your opinion would spell the death of the game

Honestly what does it matter at this point after 5 years. PGI will most likely not renew the license anytime after MW5: Mercs is released. Live and let die. Can't live off of Mechpack life support forever despite how many whales continue to throw triple A game prices at FTP business practices.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 10 March 2017 - 11:06 AM.

#52 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:26 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 10 March 2017 - 11:51 AM.

#53 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

Posted Image

#54 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:31 AM

where's the info on snup nozed ppcs?

Checked the link and all it did was direct me to the front page.

#55 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:32 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 March 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

Paul just uses it as an excuse to chuck darts around the office. Balance decisions are actually made according to what the fortune cookies in the day's take out say.

So that's what the numbers on the back of the paper are for!

#56 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:32 AM

Posted Image

#57 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:35 AM

Where are you guys getting the additional sections?

View PostPariah Devalis, on 10 March 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

Posted Image

hmmmmmmmmmm?????

slightly suspicious

#58 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:36 AM

Facebook, Instagram, and I think the old media section? I was forwarded the link to that one.

#59 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:38 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 March 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

You guys are not informed at all. The Canadians copied this kind of bingo but use elks instead. The dung determines the changes etc

Posted Image

Edited by Bush Hopper, 10 March 2017 - 12:02 PM.

#60 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:38 AM

ok and being one of the few that doesn't have a barcode scanner on my phone, what is it?

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users