ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 09 March 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

Let's not drag politics into the forums. They're a surefire way to ruin things, fast.

The c-bill cost was not addressed, as it is still there, albeit smaller, but it is there. I shouldn't have to pay a dime to master my 'mechs again, if they were mastered before.

Plus, horizontal speed ruins jets, without operator directional control.

I should not be forced to pay full price now for somethingI could have for free before. And I won't. I got better things to do with my time.

The old system allowed module swapping. It still should. Taking it away is just another way to screw the customer base and force them to spend money. Hint: Pissing off your paying customers doesn't make them spend more money, it scares them away...

buh hye?

#22 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 09 March 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

A Tuesday seems strange, but it's not a Patch Tuesday, so we aren't likely in for a surprise

I'm happy for a Tuesday I hope they do a town hall. I can't go to them on Friday :)

#23 Terrorsdawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:53 PM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 13 March 2017 - 11:31 AM.
insult

#24 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:30 PM

This just reminds me of the MechCon hype fiasco.

#25 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

View Postrolly, on 09 March 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

This just reminds me of the MechCon hype fiasco.

But MechCon was an overwhelming success!

Cloud 9 is looking to get a team together for MWOWC2 while EnVyUs and Virtus.pro are already scrimming.

#26 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

I'm with Bishop on this.
I am excited to see what is in the pipeline.
New options for mechs sounds like fun and I'm pondering what the loadouts of a few of my mechs might change to, how that will change the way I might pilot them.
Looking forward to it.

#27 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:34 PM

Not holding my breathe with hype. I'll properly judge once it's implemented in game. I think jumping the gun with new tech is a BIG mistake when they can hardly 'balance' (and I use that in quotes since balancing is nearly impossible in BT) what they have. Shame on me if I get fooled again with white knighting bs on top of that.

#28 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

To be honest, I am... apprehensive. While I want my ATM, HL, and HAG... newtech alone would upend the balance state of the game a bit. Which is fine. Except it will be on the heels of the new skilltree, which can also shake the foundations of balance for quite some time. Part of me wishes they released newtech before the skilltree. It won't happen, but.... meh.

#29 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

I honestly can't wait. The Skill System was a kinda more of the same. But new weapons and equipment is something you can really sink your teeth into. Can't wait to try out new builds, finally. I've been messing with troll builds lately out of boredom.

#30 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:47 PM

Just more bait and switch:

"Here, look at all the shiny new tech! Ignore the utterly insane skill maze we're ramming down your throats, the de-leveling of your mechs, the respec cost (yes, it's still there in some form), the reduced mobility, and the stripping of needed quirks. Buy a totally NEW mech with NEW tech today! Forget about all that now useless crap in your mech garage - buy something new, because we need the money to keep bringing you great new content, like the skill maze"

Whatever. Oh, and for the humor of it, stop and consider what effect all this new tech will have on the skill maze. Yeah... I bet they'll have to make massive balance changes to it at least once after all the new tech is added, which will probably lead to more wasted resources respecing your mechs. Have fun with that.

View PostPariah Devalis, on 09 March 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

To be honest, I am... apprehensive. While I want my ATM, HL, and HAG... newtech alone would upend the balance state of the game a bit. Which is fine. Except it will be on the heels of the new skilltree, which can also shake the foundations of balance for quite some time. Part of me wishes they released newtech before the skilltree. It won't happen, but.... meh.

It would have made sense to wait on the skill tree until after new tech is added. But given the skill maze we're getting, we're way past making sense. PGI will PGI.

#31 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:58 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 09 March 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

Honestly, I think it'd be best if they just do it all together.

Because adding one or the other will basically serve as a complete balance reset. Adding either, then, forces a balance reset then balancing efforts to fix the inevitable issues.... which will be a total waste of time because once you add the other? Start all over again with balance.

May as well just rip the bandaid off fast, implement them together, then patch up the balance issues.

For example, lets assume the Skill Tree changes (including the IS quirk nerfs) is a net loss in relative power for the Inner Sphere. If they just add the Skill Tree, then balance shifts towards Clans.
So, PGI nerfs Clans/buffs IS to compensate for the change.
But then they add the New Tech, which turns out (hypothetically) to heavily favour IS. Now IS is much stronger, and those nerfs/buffs before were completely unnecessary. It's a mess.

Put em all in at once, because if you're definitely adding both, any balancing you do in between the two features is wasted time.

#32 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 March 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

buh hye?

No biggie. More fun to write my own novels, anyways. :)

I get to choose what happens.

#33 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:48 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 09 March 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

No biggie. More fun to write my own novels, anyways. Posted Image

I get to choose what happens.

Not a bad thing.

#34 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:53 PM

View Postoldradagast, on 09 March 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

Just more bait and switch:

"Here, look at all the shiny new tech! Ignore the utterly insane skill maze we're ramming down your throats, the de-leveling of your mechs, the respec cost (yes, it's still there in some form), the reduced mobility, and the stripping of needed quirks. Buy a totally NEW mech with NEW tech today! Forget about all that now useless crap in your mech garage - buy something new, because we need the money to keep bringing you great new content, like the skill maze"

Whatever. Oh, and for the humor of it, stop and consider what effect all this new tech will have on the skill maze. Yeah... I bet they'll have to make massive balance changes to it at least once after all the new tech is added, which will probably lead to more wasted resources respecing your mechs. Have fun with that.

It would have made sense to wait on the skill tree until after new tech is added. But given the skill maze we're getting, we're way past making sense. PGI will PGI.

I did wonder about the skill tree with the influx of new tech and whether there would need to be new nodes added.
However many are generic, particularly in the firepower tree so any new weapons may just fit in. It's only if they have special functionality that it would need new nodes then it might be a problem.
Otherwise, my only concern with the skill tree was that we really had too many points. But, that has been discussed in about a thousand other threads over in the testing server page.
It's otherwise ok given we have so many points.

New tech wise, I think this is exciting. I don't really have any expectations either way but getting some new equipment for the mechs will be fun to try out. Not only that, but it also opens up the field for more mechs, not that many would think that is necessarily great. Everyone does have their own favourites though and there will always be someone who still wants to see mech X or Y. I think that's good. Don't need to buy it if we don't personally want it, however it is an achievement that we do have more mechs in this game than any other and if that translates back to the board game, over to the strategy game and into MW5. That's ******* good because the mechs are awesome!

My only hope in that regard is that we do start to see the game expand and be a bit more adventurous about what we can pilot in the game. My personal 'fall off my chair' addition would be Elementals. I know Quad mechs would make numerous players need to take a cold shower.

Game mode wise, pretty happy with Quick Play plodding along as it does but I would really like to see Faction Play shift into a more open system. Sooooo much could be done.

Anyway, new tech, yay!! Keen to see what will be done.

#35 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:01 PM

My biggest worry about new tech is that PGI will royally flub the ER Medium Laser. The standard Medium laser is already sitting exactly where the ER should be sitting from an MWO performance standpoint in all ways except range, so something has to give. If nothing gives, the ER Med will be terrible, generating way too much heat for the number of DHS you can fit on an IS 'Mech and/or having a thoroughly bad damage-over-duration.

Otherwise, have at ye...

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 09 March 2017 - 11:02 PM.

#36 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:12 PM

It's hard to believe in someone's ability to accurately convey thought in words when they disparage the ability to spell words correctly. Similarly, it becomes difficult to have faith in same person's ability to differentiate, particularly among subtle differences.

That aside.

Snub nose ppc would seem to be one of those "after canon" (in my book, as it were) items... but it seems PGI may have pre empted themselves there. Not seeing how the PPCs we have in the game currently can be any more snub nosed than they already are without becoming recessed instead.

#37 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:37 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 09 March 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

Not holding my breathe with hype. I'll properly judge once it's implemented in game. I think jumping the gun with new tech is a BIG mistake when they can hardly 'balance' (and I use that in quotes since balancing is nearly impossible in BT) what they have. Shame on me if I get fooled again with white knighting bs on top of that.

They can't properly balance what's already in the game because one side doesn't have the same stuff the other side has.

The Clan ER Small/Medium, Streak 4/6, UAC 2/10/20, LBX 2/5/20... I think that's everything... Can't be properly balanced until the IS gets the equivalent weapons.

#38 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:07 AM

MRMs please.

#39 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:49 AM

RACs
LGR
ATMs
MMs
MRMs
Snub-Nose PPC
PPC Capacitor

I hope.

View PostAlan Davion, on 09 March 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

They can't properly balance what's already in the game because one side doesn't have the same stuff the other side has.

The Clan ER Small/Medium, Streak 4/6, UAC 2/10/20, LBX 2/5/20... I think that's everything... Can't be properly balanced until the IS gets the equivalent weapons.

Do Clans get normal Lasers too?

Edited by The6thMessenger, 10 March 2017 - 01:50 AM.

#40 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:50 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 10 March 2017 - 01:49 AM, said:

RACs
LGR
ATMs
MMs
MRMs
Snub-Nose PPC
PPC Capacitor

I hope.

Do Clans get normal Lasers too?

or more relevantly, normal autocannons. (not placeholders)

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users