So My Friend Convinced Me To Play A Couple Qm's In Mwo.

44 replies to this topic

#1 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

Well that was a mistake.

I brought a shadowcat (favorite mech), rounded a corner... and died. Assault mech with a bunch of pinpoint crap... right into CT.. snapshot while landing. (I didn't even get to turn my legs more than a few degrees...)
Yeah, your game is still a hideous Quazimodo CoD wanna be.

My friend apologized.
Good day, unimaginative [individuals].

#2 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:33 PM

Posted Image

But snarkiness aside, which you readily deserve for making another "This game sucks bye" posts, the SHC is almost purely a mid-long range mech. And rounding a corner with your JJs is asking to just present yourself as a massive target for anyone with a good aim.

Edited by RestosIII, 10 March 2017 - 03:37 PM.

#3 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:03 PM

Shadowcats are being hunted I've been noticing due to their annoyance on the battle field. They sit from a far and just peck away the whole match, a strategy that fits the shadowcats strength...still, really annoying mechs when youre in the brawl and you se some random erll tearing away your rear armor.

Assassins I tell ya!

#4 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:07 PM

6721 posts. "Played a couple qms in mwo".

K.

#5 Dagada Moor

• PipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGainesville, Florida

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:24 PM

Lol, damn yards!!!!

Funny, tards spellcheck sucks on Moonshine.

#6 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

Posted Image

#7 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 10 March 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

Well that was a mistake.

I brought a shadowcat (favorite mech), rounded a corner... and died. Assault mech with a bunch of pinpoint crap... right into CT.. snapshot while landing. (I didn't even get to turn my legs more than a few degrees...)

My friend apologized.

Was it a one shot? What assault was it?

This kind of "I'm leaving" thread is really annoying. But we also shouldn't have pin point damage to the extent that a mech gets destroyed in one shot.

#8 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

Agreed. Even the most pinpoint I've seen was the kdk3 twin gauss ppc build can't outright kill a shc... full brawl atlas might seriously dmg you but shouldn't kill you outright either.. MAYBE a super close range lucky twin lbx20 4 srm6 scorch could but still unlikely

#9 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:33 PM

So it's the games fault because you played like a potato?

LOL

#10 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:54 PM

head shot boom!

If you are leaving, can i have your stuff?....no wait, new skill tree coming with cbill costs and I cant afford the ones I have

never mind...

#11 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:02 PM

View Postvettie, on 10 March 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

head shot boom!

If you are leaving, can i have your stuff?....no wait, new skill tree coming with cbill costs and I cant afford the ones I have

never mind...

but maybe if you sell his stuff you can get enough to finish up what you already have.

#12 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:12 PM

View Postvettie, on 10 March 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

head shot boom!

never mind...

Go back to Eve clone.

Seriously, every lost person is potentially lost revenue. Based upon the last leaderboard and Steam figures maybe the player base might want to try and help PGI retain players. Lord knows they need it.

#13 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:55 PM

View PostTed Wayz, on 10 March 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

Go back to Eve clone.

Seriously, every lost person is potentially lost revenue. Based upon the last leaderboard and Steam figures maybe the player base might want to try and help PGI retain players. Lord knows they need it.

Not sure what Eve clone is. never played Eve, in fact MWO and megamek are my only 2 games online, but that is my choice.

I dont disagree at all about losing players.

The OP himself posted what he did wrong. Battlefield UNawareness. Many Assaults can take a mech with 1 shot if concentrated and alpha fired.
Also i dont think the OP actually said that he was leaving. Kinda up to the readers to interpret that from his post. I know I did.
If that is incorrect then I apologize to him for jumping to conclusion (no pun).

However, I if I made a "this sux" post every time I seemed to have died to 1 mech in one shot, this forum would be filled with not much more than my posts. Likelihood is that a few mechs saw him jump waited around the corner unseen to him and opened fire when he peaked the corner. Maybe not, most likely this i what really happened especially if he was in QP GROUP or FP where 'teams' are on comms and orders are passed around to concentrate on X or Y.

#14 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:39 AM

That is absolutely, without a doubt the funniest forum read I've ever had here. So in one match, your Shadowcat wasn't able to withstand the firepower an Assault mech and his friends...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

If that's enough to trigger you, this certainly isnt the game for you. Just so you know, even if you were in an assault mech yourself, the chances are the same thing will happen, the bigger you are, the more you will catch. A large part of this game is about positioning, you have one of the game's most nimble mechs and got caught frontlining instead...

I feel you might be better off playing one of those rinse/repeat games where you die and respawn a million times.

NOTE: I am certain even the best players may get caught out once in a while but that's just one game. Learn and adapt.

#15 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:57 AM

(Some clarification)

No, it's not my only 2 matches. (Obviously, been around for a while) It was my first two matches in a very long time. I quit the game a long time ago. (I don't think I've played more than 10 matches in the last 18 months) He was telling me the game was different.

It's not the overwhelming firepower that annoyed me. (It's an assault.) It is that said assault was in the middle of a landing and swung his torso around for a snapshot that ended a mech in one shot.

It was the equivalent of a call of duty 360 noscope as you jump off a roof.
No physics.
No risk/reward. (Usually when one is jumping or landing, it's really goddamned hard to aim in any case.)
Perfect pinpoint alphastrike on a snapshot.

It's still a ****** CoD analog in all the wrong places. I'll be on Living Legends if you want to play an actual mechwarrior game.

#16 Dr Mlem

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:05 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 11 March 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

It's still a ****** CoD analog in all the wrong places. I'll be on Living Legends if you want to play an actual mechwarrior game.

Cool story. See you in a few weeks.

#17 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:25 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 11 March 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

(Some clarification)

No, it's not my only 2 matches. (Obviously, been around for a while) It was my first two matches in a very long time. I quit the game a long time ago. (I don't think I've played more than 10 matches in the last 18 months) He was telling me the game was different.

It's not the overwhelming firepower that annoyed me. (It's an assault.) It is that said assault was in the middle of a landing and swung his torso around for a snapshot that ended a mech in one shot.

It was the equivalent of a call of duty 360 noscope as you jump off a roof.
No physics.
No risk/reward. (Usually when one is jumping or landing, it's really goddamned hard to aim in any case.)
Perfect pinpoint alphastrike on a snapshot.

Well they will be decoupling engine size from agility. This will mean assaults will behave more like lumbering assaults since agility will be based upon the chassis tonnage instead of engine rating.

#18 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:47 AM

View PostLazy Badger, on 11 March 2017 - 05:05 AM, said:

Cool story. See you in a few weeks.

Hope not.

With just UNDER 2 drops a month for almost a year clearly it is the games fault for changing. Clearly it has nothing to do with under 2 drops a month for almost the past year.

If you do not play you get rusty and the OP does not play more then 2 drops a month for almost a year. Comes back to play and gets killed by an Assault and now MWO is some CoD analog.

Ignore his waning piloting experience as a source of a problem, has to be all the games fault.

#19 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:06 AM

It takes 70 to 80 points of damage (depending upon how you allocate front/rear armor) to CT-front core/kill a Shadowcat. The only thing that mounts that much PPFLD is a joke build like the DireStar.

#20 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:43 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 10 March 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

Well that was a mistake.

My friend apologized.

Don't things like that happen in EVERY combat-based game where
- you run into an unscouted area
- chance is not completely eliminated
?
Even in TT, a hunchy can role a 12 with his AC20 and blow the head off a shiny new 100 tonner.
Or take Counter Strike or RTS games or whatever. Bad luck happens and mindlessly running around corners is never good.

I don't see the problem. Only single-event-based whining about bad luck and own tactical mistakes.

Edited by Paigan, 11 March 2017 - 06:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users