21 replies to this topic

#1 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:35 AM

Will the people that un-installed return because of no skill tree?

People like ...

Will people who sold their stuff in game and then un-installed ask for it back?

People like ...

#2 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:51 AM

I hope they do. Good content.

#3 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:53 AM

I hope so as well. It'll increase White Knight salt output by 50%.

#4 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:30 AM

I hope people that get aggravated over changes in the game and QQ, and uninstall, never ever come back..

Such people do not understand that change is inevitable, that it must be done for the good of the game, and like the above video shows, "this whale says goodbye" is just an attempt to hold PGI hostage if the game is not made in their shape and form.

I say good riddance.

On the other hand.. such acts should remind PGI that a successful video game needs players. Happy players. Paying players.

So while not being held hostage and blackmailed with "whale statuses" they should keep in mind that bad design will bleed players like that, and if they don't invest in bringing new players in, the game will dwindle and die..

#5 MadMaxMKII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 275 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:35 AM

those linked vids are the most embarassing, childish and pathetic things I have seen in some while^^

#6 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:35 AM

They most likely would have come back after a short break anyway, so bit of a loaded question.

#7 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,925 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:49 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 14 March 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

...and if they don't invest in bringing new players in, the game will dwindle and die..

Yes. How was PGI's follow up to steam launch? What did they do with that CW advertisement video they had made? What exactly is PGI doing to "invest in bringing new players in"? What have they ever done besides the initial steam push?

I'm legit curious if any one has insight here because I agree with you. It just seems to me that PGI doesn't seem to be aware of this.

From a total absensce of ANY description in the game of the mechs themselves and their characteristics, to the newly proposed 91 nodes of "skills" that are barely described -let alone having any tutorial or text to explain why these values may be of significance- it seems to me that PGI really doesn't consider the NPE as being important or even relevant. Yes they provided the Academy as part of the steam push (that they then apparently walked away from), but other than that I don't think PGI has given any thought or consideration to the NPE.

#8 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:54 AM

Tuesday said he was done no matter what happened. Blockpirat only said he was going to stop spending money so he never left.

#9 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:49 AM

View PostClownwarlord, on 14 March 2017 - 01:35 AM, said:

Will the people that un-installed return because of no skill tree?
People like ...
Will people who sold their stuff in game and then un-installed ask for it back?
People like ...

People arent leaving due to lack of in-game content. They are leaving because this game is turning out to be a weak FSP and not a mech simulator game.

#10 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:24 AM

If its serious nd trying to get players to quit I don't like it. I don't like others trying to push or sneakily try and get others to quit or anything like that. This is stuff from ******** minds in my opinion.

If it isn't serious and just creating a hype I still don't like it.

Luckily as a regular player I don't really care. :) I do hope it doesn't negatively effect anyone, players or the people building the game though.

Edited by Johnny Z, 14 March 2017 - 07:28 AM.

#11 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:31 AM

Drama queens. Even if the PTS went live as it was I wasn't gonna quit.

#12 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:38 AM

I posted about leaving the game if the test version of the skill tree went live. Not because of principle but simply because I felt it made the game not worth playing. I said this for a variety of reasons and I offered feedback on what I thought would be a better system to implement.

That said, since they've gone back and decided to test some more then I am more than happy to hang around to see what happens. I even invested in the Assassin now since I assume I'll have some time to play it before I have to make a decision on the rest of my pre-orders and whether or not the game remains fun.

#13 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:39 AM

Posted Image

#14 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,925 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:39 AM

View PostMole, on 14 March 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

Drama queens. Even if the PTS went live as it was I wasn't gonna quit.

I never claimed I would leave, but having become convinced of at least the temporary destruction of nearly all my mechs, I had started looking forward to dumping them all and going full Night Gyr meta *****. PGI and their moment of clarity ruined it. Can't help but be a bit relieved.

#15 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:06 AM

I hope not. They basically just let a stinky one rip and left the room. Fine, let them be drama queens somewhere else.

#16 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

If you sold your gold mech in rage then I will have a drink in your memory.

Posted Image

Lets see if any beached whales chime in.

Posted Image

I will save you.

Posted Image

#17 Claxton Weathers

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 75 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

I have had it with PGI and the whole MWO community. The set back on the skill tree was the straw that broke the camels back. I had high hopes for it, but what a ******* joke. PGI is an unorganized mess with the efficiency of a liberal snowflake. And the people who are still sucking the pgi **** and handing over their money to this disaster should jump off a cliff and do themselves a favor. Last night was the last time I will play this awful 6 year old beta version of what could have been one of the best renditions of MechWarrior. MW-LL and part-time players/programmers did a better job with the game than an actual company that gets paid for this kind of ****. Here's to all those flailing around wishing you didn't spend money on a wasted half baked version of what some might call a "game"

Here come the White Knights!

Edited by Claxton Weathers, 14 March 2017 - 09:36 AM.

#18 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:29 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 14 March 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

I hope people that get aggravated over changes in the game and QQ, and uninstall, never ever come back..

Such people do not understand that change is inevitable, that it must be done for the good of the game, and like the above video shows, "this whale says goodbye" is just an attempt to hold PGI hostage if the game is not made in their shape and form.

I say good riddance.

On the other hand.. such acts should remind PGI that a successful video game needs players. Happy players. Paying players.

So while not being held hostage and blackmailed with "whale statuses" they should keep in mind that bad design will bleed players like that, and if they don't invest in bringing new players in, the game will dwindle and die..

Nothing wrong with change but it seems like PGI constantly makes it worse with their changes. Or at least the initial change sucks and has to be reworked. Because it's never just a slight flaw... It's always one of those great big head scratchers where you're asking yourself just wtf they were thinking???

So many things with the Skill Tree itself.... I don't have a problem with PGI letting it's players go through it and critique it for them. But they really actually thought the high cost for everything was a good idea? Really???? Come on, it's stupid **** like that, and that's just one example that could cause people to uninstall and not want to play anymore. And there were many more "dumb" problems with the Skill Tree itself. And that doesn't even take into account the constant delays on everything on top of it.

The way I see it PGI has so many great loyal people supporting them yet they constantly let them down. It's a real shame.

Edited by xTrident, 14 March 2017 - 09:41 AM.

#19 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:33 AM

Even if they returned, it's doubtful they'll spend money on this game. PGI may've forever lost them as a customer, but not as a consumer.

#20 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:36 AM

View PostLupis Volk, on 14 March 2017 - 02:53 AM, said:

I hope so as well. It'll increase White Knight salt output by 50%.

All it ever does is add to the vast wasted space on Servers HDD's, in some god forsaken place, that YouTube abuses for tax free Commercial space, to store all the absolute make no stuff people put up on Youtube and all the other anti-social sites folks use today.

But carry on lads and lasses. Surely someone out there really does give a f'ing **** about your leaving and taking your ball with you from some Video game. :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users