Civil War Mech Pack Pre-Order!

307 replies to this topic

#221 Cait Ramsay

• Pip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:10 AM

First I think it is great for many community members that PGI follows their demand for new weapons.

But I just wonder about the pack system. PGI sells mech packs in the same way they did before. But with the new skill tree system I don't need 3 mechs to master anymore. So why should I buy an ultimate pack, that includes 6 or 7 mechs when I don't need them all to get one mech mastered? And why take out the premium time?

For me there are two ways acceptable:

Staying with the skill system and then sell these mech packs (of course with premium time).

Or introducing a new mech pack system (for example chose your variant you want and if you want to add the hero variant then 10 dollars are added to your bill) without premium time because PGI will have less profits with such a system and trys to generate nearly the same profits by selling premium time extra.

PGI you have to think about your commercial operations. A few months ago you really felt no pain about offering one hero for 25$. And now we shall pay real money for three mechs we don't need because we will sell two of the mechs in that moment they will arrive in our accounts.

#222 W31rdWarrior

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 93 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:11 AM

At least, give us 15 days of (banked) premium time for the Standard Packs...

#223 Hawg

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:24 AM

The change to no premium time for the standard pack as well as the change to immediately active premium time by buying a collector pack was not communicated at all and I consider it willful deception when every other Mech Pack had it before. I buy on a regular basis from you, PGI. I put in a certain level of trust which I feel has been taken advantage of. This makes me reconsider the trust I put into you guys.

I will not buy a civil war pack to these new poor conditions.

#224 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:47 AM

View PostPilotshark, on 18 March 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

Is there any reason to get the Mad Cat II over the Mad IIc?

My main reason is that it is iconic, if you played MW4 it was a goto mech.
In looking at it I think the hitboxes favour it over the MAD-IIC as the arms will cover the torso in a brawl although head on I think it would be wider. The usual PPC/Guass meta can be done on both and the meta brawl of LBX-20/SRM4 is also doable on both. So in truth there should be nothing special about it apart from it is a Mad Cat II and yes I have bought the collectors pack for it. I think the one thing is that you can get most of what you want with the standard package and in truth the hero does not give you anything special.

I was keen on get two clan mech or two IS mechs for XP/C bill bonus cockpit items but I am not keen on a slow assault mech that tends to get left behind by the rest of the team like the direwolf does even though it has huge potential with the new weapons. In my tier it tends to be a kill and damage hunt rather than a team game and thus often you don't pick mechs that have specific roles unless they can do a good secondary role or have enough speed to get out of trouble on their own

I think the Mad Cat II is hands down the best mech in the pack. The Uziel looks ok as a medium but it does not do anything that BSW does and the BSW does it better in my opinion and its hitboxes and cockpit position is going to be tough for peaking. The cougar is going to be too slow no matter how much how much weapons it carries 238 points of armour and would need speed to avoid getting hit or ECM and you can only get that with the reinforcements. So if I go the clan route I will be putting it on the shelf until the reinforcement mechs come out for C bills and then I could buy the omnipod.

If I wasn't a cheapskate I would buy all of them but I have already bough the javelin and roughneck and I reckon there will be so much grinding to do for the new tech. LFE would most probably go on BSW, CN9, CTF, WHM

It also makes some mechs which I shied away from viable such as CRB, GHP and the BLK-KNT you need XL engines in them to be viable in terms of lethality All told there are 30 M C bills in engines alone.

In terms of tech. for me having bough the CP I find they are left on the shelf they do not do anything that well. but the idea of MRM, RAC-5 together with LBX-5 should make them better. Getting UAC-10s would change the CTF-0XP AC20+4MPL into UAC10 + snub nose PPCs you'll have enough DPS, WHM-6D with snub nosed PPC and it quirks intact again would another improved mech.

How would they balance all this and how would we pay for all of this

#225 Kai Allard Liao

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 109 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:37 AM

View PostWiNNiep00h, on 15 March 2017 - 05:13 AM, said:

i would really like to get the 5% Bonus hanging and standing items, but i just like the uziel and the mad cat mkII, if i want all i have to pay $260 Posted Image thats too much for me, sadly. specialy when i don't really want the other two mechs :/

also in the past i clearly prefered the clan mechs, i'm not sure if this will change after the update. This makes me unsure which one to buy^^

Word! I m a Assault Pilot.
I buyed the 2 Clan Ultimate Packs.
I ll get fourteen (14!) Mechs and like the Urbies (I buyed for Atlas (S) + KGC (S)) I will 10, maybe 11 of this brandnew Mechs NEVERever use. Its all about the Bonus-Cockpit-Items. :D

I ll get 7 Cougers which i definatly dont like to have ^^

#226 Vizius

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:19 PM

Adding my voice to the dislike of the changes to premium time. Too much of a decrease in value and not being able to choose when to activate it, so the civil war mechs are a no buy at the current value. Luckily I'm a new player and there are plenty of other mechs I can purchase for my banked premium time. If they take banked premium time away from those in the future, they will not be seeing much of my money. I don't mind paying money for games I enjoy playing, but if the value is not there I will spend that money elsewhere as my entertainment budget has limits.

Edited by Vizius, 19 March 2017 - 02:19 PM.

#227 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

Does this mean the new tech will also be released at the same day as the mech packs?

#228 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:11 PM

View PostKai Allard Liao, on 19 March 2017 - 07:37 AM, said:

Word! I m a Assault Pilot.
I buyed the 2 Clan Ultimate Packs.
I ll get fourteen (14!) Mechs and like the Urbies (I buyed for Atlas (S) + KGC (S)) I will 10, maybe 11 of this brandnew Mechs NEVERever use. Its all about the Bonus-Cockpit-Items. Posted Image

I ll get 7 Cougers which i definatly dont like to have ^^

Could you please get your name changed while you're at it?

#229 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 19 March 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

Does this mean the new tech will also be released at the same day as the mech packs?

Yes. Read the FAQ. It's got the answers you're looking for.

#230 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

View PostHawk819, on 19 March 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

Yes. Read the FAQ. It's got the answers you're looking for.

Doesn't really have one: https://mwomercs.com...71#entry5653471

#231 Ghost0r

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

This question may be dumb, but do the Hero Addon Variants (Uziel Belial) have a C-Bill Boost?

#232 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

View PostGhost0r, on 20 March 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

This question may be dumb, but do the Hero Addon Variants (Uziel Belial) have a C-Bill Boost?

duh. kinda goes with the "being a hero" part. the (S) one tends to have one too, on the collectors.

#233 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:12 AM

View Postinvernomuto, on 14 March 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

Hype aside, I am interested in Annihilator but 300 max engine rating make me dubious...
Also the Cougar, 81 kph for a light mech, meh...

if you can't handle a 300 rated engine then don't buy it

View PostMyke Pantera, on 14 March 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

Annihilator: Awesome hardpoints, but a 100t mech with max engine rating of 300 is just not my cup of tea. Distinct but not necessarily good looking mech

Looks like PGI has been listening to the https://mwomercs.com...-mechs-for-2017 for at least 3 out of 4 of those mechs.

300 engine rating has always been the down fall of this mech, but hey why not remove that restriction and make it uber

#234 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:06 AM

think people also fail to realize even WITH only a standard or LFE 300, that thing still has enough podspace you could fit most medium mechs inside it.

and with a 300, it's the same speed as Dire Wolves, and they've done fine at ripping people apart for years now.

not gonna get that sheer ridiculous amount of firepower without suffering in other areas. Kodiak might be faster, but it's wayyyyy less sturdy than a Dire or Annihilator is. the Anni and Dire are Tank/Firepower mechs. the Kodiak's Mobility/Firepower.

#235 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

If premium time is SOOO important... there's a large assortment of existing packs which offer it, not to mention all the mastery bundles. A locust bundle is $13 dollars and comes with 30 days of active premium time, 3 mechs, 3 mech bays. 30 days of premium time alone is $12. So $1 more for 3 mechs and 3 bays. How much premium time, banked or otherwise does one REALLY need ? I have currently 15,120 hours banked and 215d 7h 56m of active time. I think I'm covered until sometime in 2019 currently. The javelin basic pack if $15 and has 30 days of banked time. So its $2 extra for 3 mechs, 3 bays, 3 cockpit itemsm a title and a badge.

Personally, I suspect the change is punishment for the time/money wasted on 3 months of new skill tree coding, which was supposed to lead to among other things a change in mech pack layouts to no longer needing 3 variants in the basic pack for skill tables. All that effort got wasted / shelved essentially and well... forced PGI to revert back to the existing pack format even though previously the Javelin had been announced as the LAST packs under the current pricing format.

As to the Annihilator's low engine cap... its based on the existing engine cap formula they've been running with for years now. The original mech variants in battletech ALL, except for one model, had 200 rated engines. That is why they carried so much weaponry on 100 tons. A 200 standard engine was 8.5 tons, 2 tons of gyro, 3 tons of cockpit, 10 tons of structure and 12.5 tons of armor...leaves 64 tons for weapons/heatsinks and that's how they came to the inner sphere with Wolf's Dragoons...and until the fedcom Civil war era NOBODY except the Dragoon's and Kellhounds had any other than perhaps Clan Wolf.

Edited by Dee Eight, 22 March 2017 - 05:46 PM.

#236 Alceroi

• PipPip
  • The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:34 PM

think the clans could use some new systems like laser heat sinks and the art V systems would help a lot

#237 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:49 AM

View PostHolyBishop, on 22 March 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

think the clans could use some new systems like laser heat sinks and the art V systems would help a lot

laser heat sinks are in the game already in the mech they were exclusive to, the Night Gyr's.

#238 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:57 AM

If i was to pre-order the basic pack and gradually buy the rest to equal the ultimate pack ... does it still count as owning the ultimate pack in regards to the +% c-bills/XP cockpit items?

#239 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:07 PM

View PostMoadebe, on 24 March 2017 - 12:57 AM, said:

If i was to pre-order the basic pack and gradually buy the rest to equal the ultimate pack ... does it still count as owning the ultimate pack in regards to the +% c-bills/XP cockpit items?

Yes according to a very useful PM I received when I asked the same question.

#240 Alceroi

• PipPip
  • The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:47 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 23 March 2017 - 07:49 AM, said:

laser heat sinks are in the game already in the mech they were exclusive to, the Night Gyr's.

kk thx ill rewrite all my suggestions from laser heatsink to chem lasers XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users