New Tech & Weapons Stats! & How They Could Work?

64 replies to this topic

#61 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:26 PM

View PostMoonlight Grimoire, on 14 March 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

Heavy Gauss long cool down, hits like a truck, have it slope down on damage so point blank is the worst place to be against it, short charge up, it is a short range weapon, it charges mostly while "reloading" another slug.

Did you even read the rule set for this? Heavy Gauss works the opposite. It does more damage the closer the target is to it.
Rule set has it doing 25 damage at short range, 20 damage at medium range and 10 at long range. 18 tons, 11 crits. Half the ammo per ton of a standard Gauss.

The biggest disadvantage is that a Heavy Gauss will only fit in the Side Torso of a mech mounting a standard engine. It will not fit in the arms or in any mech using a XL or LFE. Then when you consider it weighs 18 tons and your probably only going to get like 5 shots per ton of ammo well your not going to see too many mechs capable of mounting even a single Heavy Gauss much less any of them mounting dual Gauss.

I think only the Mauler and the Annihilator are the only two mechs that could conceivably mount two of them but at 36 tons for the weapons and another 6 tons for 15 rounds of ammo for each of them, your not going to have a whole hell of alot of space for anything else.

***Note - Mauler can do dual Heavy Gauss if it strips all the armor on its arms. Build would be 2 x Heavy Gauss, 25 rounds per Cannon, 300 Std Engine providing it with about 58 kph speed. Annihilator should be able to do it better.

#62 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:27 AM

Heavy gauss should fit in LFE if LFE only uses two slots per ST. 12-2=10. Or did it get raised to more than 10 slots. AC20 and similar should also fit likewise. With the given stats, unless they changed since your post, it will be a question of Uac20 or Heavy gauss. This is because uac 20 will give 40 damage to 25.. Pinpoint or slighly less pinpoint. And as Uac20 will have less bullets per volley than clan side it should still be pretty strong. Unless you are worried about heat. And from using Uac20 on clan extensively, it probably won't too much of an issue. Of course clan has slightly better heat stats, but it's a weapon that with around 20 dhs or less you can fire and get heat back because of the longer CD. That is with full double tapping and 14 heat.

I'll assume it changed since he says it weighed 18 tons...

I wonder how many people will try to put dual RAC5's in atlases like the DDC? If it's fast enough fire people might not mind... It should be interesting with Uac20 and heavy gauss. I wonder how muchy you can fit in an annihilator. I was looking at Rac5 and snub ppc in each hand and uac 20 with possibly heavy gauss in chest. I've been wondering how many of those ghost heat will allow to fire at once.

That or fill the Annihilator 2A with all RAC/2-5... I guess it will depend on ghost heat.

Edited by Arugela, 13 June 2017 - 01:47 AM.

#63 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:02 AM

View PostArugela, on 13 June 2017 - 01:27 AM, said:

Heavy gauss should fit in LFE if LFE only uses two slots per ST. 12-2=10. Or did it get raised to more than 10 slots.

HGauss and LBX20 have always been 11 slots, but in TT, you could crit-split, for 8 in the arm, 3 in the ST, for example.
AC-20 / UAC-20 are 10 slots, so those work with LFEs.
RAC-5 are 6 slots, so you could fit 2 per ST on an STD engine.
RAC-2 are 3 slots, so you could fit 3 per ST on an XL engine.

#64 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:49 AM

will the RAC2/5 do 10 and 25 damage per volley respectively or will they do 2/5 total each volley after the gun finishes. I couldn't tell.

IE, will an RAC2 do 2 damage each bullet for 10 damage or .4 damage over 5 bullets for 2 damage. I would assume with the weight and slots it's 10/25 damage.

If the higher damage is correct this thing is going to outperform my 140 alpha dire-wolf by leaps and bounds because of heat.

The only thing I can think of is if it's 2 damage per bullet and 1 heat per bullet and not volley. Assuming there is a volley and not infinite fire with a mere speed up in fire rate.

But then does it fire each CD or half CD?! I can't make heads of tales of the description about the spool up.

Edited by Arugela, 13 June 2017 - 08:50 AM.

#65 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:03 AM

View PostArugela, on 13 June 2017 - 07:49 AM, said:

will the RAC2/5 do 10 and 25 damage per volley respectively or will they do 2/5 total each volley after the gun finishes. I couldn't tell.

IE, will an RAC2 do 2 damage each bullet for 10 damage or .4 damage over 5 bullets for 2 damage. I would assume with the weight and slots it's 10/25 damage.

If the higher damage is correct this thing is going to outperform my 140 alpha dire-wolf by leaps and bounds because of heat.

The only thing I can think of is if it's 2 damage per bullet and 1 heat per bullet and not volley. Assuming there is a volley and not infinite fire with a mere speed up in fire rate.

But then does it fire each CD or half CD?! I can't make heads of tales of the description about the spool up.

well personally, and how PGI has described them, RACs will fire like normal ACs, but spool up to faster fire,
the faster it fires the higher the jam chance till it jams, so they wont be Volley fire weapons,
but most on the lines of sustained DPS weapons,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users