Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2368 replies to this topic

#361 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:54 AM

View PostDamocles, on 17 March 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

I get the weeaboo draw of the Men Shen, but watching the Starslayer slip behind the Dervish has me puking on my floor.

gg MWO

Posted Image

#362 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:09 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 17 March 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

Now, the Phoenix Hawk IIC? that is interesting. I'll admit, I'm not familiar with it (clearly, I'm insufficiently grognardy) but a IIC embiggened version of one of my favourite Mechs? I'd be all over those apples.

I truly wish that was a more popular chassis, it would be so much fun, but the chances of us getting it, at least before the Blood Asp (cool, but we have many 90 tonners) and WHM-IIC (80 tonner, but not as interesting imo) are pretty much zero.

Stone Rhino as well, but i cant complain about that even if it wouldnt be that great, i just love it too much.. MW2 GBL nostalgia mech.

#363 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:17 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 18 March 2017 - 07:09 AM, said:

I truly wish that was a more popular chassis, it would be so much fun, but the chances of us getting it, at least before the Blood Asp (cool, but we have many 90 tonners) and WHM-IIC (80 tonner, but not as interesting imo) are pretty much zero.

Well, Clans have 2 90 tonners, but they are both Battlemechs with a 325 engine cap. The Blood Asp gives Clans a much need 90 ton Omni and with a 360XL, it will be faster to boot. Bonus points for ECM on an Assault Onmi, so it can be swapped around. (Sorry MAD-IIC-D, I still love you!) More bonus points for silly-high torso mounts! (Some would argue *too* high, as to be detrimental).

[Edit] Oh yeah, Mad Cat Mk II! Well, it's still not an Omni Posted Image [/Edit]

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 18 March 2017 - 07:22 AM.

#364 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:20 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 18 March 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

Well, Clans have 2 90 tonners, but they are both Battlemechs with a 325 engine cap. The Blood Asp gives Clans a much need 90 ton Omni and with a 360XL, it will be faster to boot. Bonus points for ECM on an Assault Onmi, so it can be swapped around. (Sorry MAD-IIC-D, I still love you!) More bonus points for silly-high torso mounts! (Some would argue *too* high, as to be detrimental).

Well, the Madcat MkII is another 90 ton battlemech with a 400 engine cap, so thats 3... Dont get me wrong, id love the Blood Asp, but we need an 80 tonner that isnt having an identity crisis and wants to be a medium mech.

#365 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:24 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 18 March 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

Well, the Madcat MkII is another 90 ton battlemech with a 400 engine cap, so thats 3... Dont get me wrong, id love the Blood Asp, but we need an 80 tonner that isnt having an identity crisis and wants to be a medium mech.

WHOOPS! Post edited accordingly, forgot about the Mad Cat Mk II.

That in mind, I'd have to agree we need another 80 or 95 ton Clan 'mech. Preferably a Battlemech though, for the sake of variety.

Also, yes, Gargoyle bad.

#366 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

All I know is that I've never been in a Mechwarrior related title and that I want to be.

#367 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:59 PM

Men Shen & Dervish are tied, fun little race there.

I wish I could get all the "no opinion" voters and tell em what to pick haha.

#368 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 15 March 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion!

Yes, this is exactly what this game needs! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#369 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

View PostMystere, on 18 March 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

Yes, this is exactly what this game needs! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

It has been the game for 4 years...

#370 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

IS poll: mostly nostalgia trash leading

Clan poll: meta potential overload leading

wow not surprised

#371 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 18 March 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

As of now: Osiris, Men Shen, Thanatos, Fafnir

The poll results could be better, but I have seen worse - much worse. In fact I think they'd be welcome and powerful additions to the IS with the exception of the Thanatos. (And I'd take each and everyone of them over Uziel and Annihilator!) Especially the Fafnir would be very good.

Edited by FLG 01, 18 March 2017 - 06:10 PM.

#372 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 18 March 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

The poll results could be better, but I have seen worse - much worse. In fact I think they'd be welcome and powerful additions to the IS with the exception of the Thanatos. (And I'd take each and everyone of them over Uziel and Annihilator!) Especially the Fafnir would be very good.

ECm and high arms... the only reason the Men Shen is doing so well. And all of those should be solid performers

#373 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:18 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 18 March 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

I think the Thanatos could be okay but there are MUCH stronger options in the poll. Dragon Fire, Falconer, Toyama to name a few.

The Fafnir 6U could be especially good because it moves the ballistics to the arms and thus you can use Gauss & an XL.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 March 2017 - 07:43 PM, said:

ECm and high arms... the only reason the Men Shen is doing so well. And all of those should be solid performers

Yeah there are better options but there are also worse options.

#374 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:53 AM

No Anvil Posted Image

Posted Image

#375 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:54 AM

i want to see a Vulture MkII

#376 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:50 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 19 March 2017 - 02:53 AM, said:

No Anvil Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah I brought it up but I don't think Gas saw it. (Just vote Dragon Fire ;)

#377 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:02 AM

View PostIacov, on 19 March 2017 - 02:54 AM, said:

i want to see a Vulture MkII

Yes! Me too. Its canon and moves hardpoints from arms to a CT chin gun. Also still a OMNI, not like the mad cat MK II.

I got my Cougar, now I want my MDD MK II, even if it could only be added as some sort of Hero mech for Clan wave II. Yes in MW 4 vengeance, there was this IS Davion fella, Eric Dresari. So having an IS hero for a Clan Wave II mechwouldnt make sense. But it was the CGB who produced the MDD MK II so ofcourse PGI could make up and tie in some Clanner hero using the same type of Mad Dog MK II.
Or..

Although credited as a Ghost Bear redesign the Vulture Mk.II owned by Latonya Lyons is stated to be of Smoke Jaguar manufacture.

The MW4 canonicity is sketchy with some inconsistences, but that could always be retocn/ corrected. The MDD hero could fit in VERY well, since we will be jumping into hte Civil War era, in which the MDD Mk II appeared.

Computer games are explicitly excluded from the list of products that contribute straight Canon to the BattleTech universe while at the same time it was stated that the IP owners are "not in total denial about these sources either"; it has also been stated that fluff from certain official, licensed products (namely certain computer games including those produced by FASA) can be assumed to be part of the shared universe as long as it is not directly contradicted, and makes sense. On this premise, MechWarrior 4: Vengeance is considered to be an apocryphal product.
Conflicts with official canon include:
  • The attack on Duke Eric Dresari's compound is portrayed as a surprise attack that is over within minutes. The Federated Commonwealth Civil War sourcebook describes it as a three-day battle.
  • The Federated Commonwealth Civil War sourcebook indicates that Ian Dresari becomes Duke, rendering the alternate ending where Joanna becomes Duchess non-canon.
  • Vulture Mk. II Produced by Bergan Industries for Clan Ghost Bear, the Vulture Mk. II is functionally identical to the original, but has a slightly different appearance in terms of armor, structure, engine mounting and other cosmetic areas due to being produced from factories using Spheroid tooling.[19]
    • The MechWarrior 4 series actually showed the Medium Pulse Lasers in a chin rack, the results are the moving of the Medium Pulse Lasers into the Center Torso, this model is called the Mad Dog Mk II (Vulture Mk II) by the online BattleTech Community.
  • The canon status of the Mad Dog Mk II (Vulture Mk II) was confirmed by the Lead Developer in a ruling on the official forum on 21 Aug 2013:
“ ...The bottom line: The Mk. II is functionally identical to the original; it merely differs cosmetically. ” — Herbert Beas, Line Developer, 21-Aug-2013

Although credited as a Ghost Bear redesign the Vulture Mk.II owned by Latonya Lyons is stated to be of Smoke Jaguar manufacture.

Again, that bit, there. A smoke Jaguar heroine could be the basis for a potentional MDD MKII clan hero, omni mech for Wave II, with chin turret. Bam!

Edited by Tordin, 19 March 2017 - 06:06 AM.

#378 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:12 AM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 18 March 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

Clan poll: meta potential overload leading

wow not surprised

No offense, but without the nostalgia factor the game probably wouldn't exist in the first place.

The problem is that PGI allowed the Clans into the game way, way, WAY TOO F***ING EARLY.

Now it's like the only mechs that are allowed in are the ones that are meta appropriate or they're immediately derided as DOA-Nostalgia-Trash.

Hope you Clanners have fun playing with each other when HBS' Battletech comes out and the 3025'ers flock there and play that until MW5 comes out.

#379 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 19 March 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

No offense, but without the nostalgia factor the game probably wouldn't exist in the first place.

The problem is that PGI allowed the Clans into the game way, way, WAY TOO F***ING EARLY.

Now it's like the only mechs that are allowed in are the ones that are meta appropriate or they're immediately derided as DOA-Nostalgia-Trash.

Hope you Clanners have fun playing with each other when HBS' Battletech comes out and the 3025'ers flock there and play that until MW5 comes out.

Actually, there was still commotion on the forums to add good mechs even pre-Clans, although the Clams did certainly add more fuel to the fire...

#380 Critical Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 250 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

Poll needs more Thug as an option as well as the Pillager.

36 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users