Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2296 replies to this topic

#41 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:53 PM

I'd love for all of them to be added. But i know the playerbase likes to try and use mech eugenics to dictate what we should and shouldn't have.

#42 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 15 March 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

I am the one who railed on his poll, and it was biased because the a lot of voting was done before there were any significant IS 'Mechs on it; the ones that were there were largely "for funsies," which would have been fine if they were like the Clan "for funsies" 'Mechs and actually good, but they weren't. The good ones got added with time after protests, but how many people do you think went back to change their vote?

You may have started it, but others, liek Quicksilver were quick to take up the theme. And regardless, my point is still quite valid. That said, I don't intend to derail (too much) Guzzler's thread here. I've kind of already made my point.

#43 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

So there is a lot of love for the Warhammer IIC, but have you guys looked at it next to the Phoenix Hawk IIC? The Phoenix Hawk can do the same thing the Warhammer IIC can, but it can also do missile or ballistic loadouts, where the Warhammer IIC is pretty much all energy IIRC.

Just food for thought, Phoenix Hawk IIC has more variety but it is losing to the Warhammer IIC.

#44 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:56 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 March 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

You may have started it, but others, liek Quicksilver were quick to take up the theme. And regardless, my point is still quite valid. That said, I don't intend to derail (too much) Guzzler's thread here. I've kind of already made my point.

Just trying to take responsibility for my actions and all that jazz... Posted Image

#45 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 15 March 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

I'd love for all of them to be added. But i know the playerbase likes to try and use mech eugenics to dictate what we should and shouldn't have.

Well, that is true depending on who votes. If we had open votes, and could get it to the "masses", some will be Mech Eugenicists, some will be affected by them, others will vote with Nosalgia, others "cuz it's prety", etc.....

The only two things we can really do is provide open choices, and get as many people to vote as possible. Beyond that... *shrugs*

(BTW, it you don't vote for a Crossbow, you have tiny ¨{redacted})

#46 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 15 March 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

So there is a lot of love for the Warhammer IIC, but have you guys looked at it next to the Phoenix Hawk IIC? The Phoenix Hawk can do the same thing the Warhammer IIC can, but it can also do missile or ballistic loadouts, where the Warhammer IIC is pretty much all energy IIRC.

Just food for thought, Phoenix Hawk IIC has more variety but it is losing to the Warhammer IIC.

Not only are you biased but you are now lobbying for certain Mechs while conducting the poll? For shame! Posted Image Posted Image

#47 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 15 March 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

They seem kind of boring with all the new stuff but I guess we can add those.

The Crusader is hot garbage, so if that wins, I will be pissed.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 15 March 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

Literally, the Crusader is the most uninteresting mech they could possible add, its 100% nostalgia, and the IS has enough fracking nostalgia. I added it in the interest of not being biased, but wtf people. Its not going to be fun to drive.

Doesn't it have leg weapons? How have they handled that in the past?

The Crusader and several other mechs have variants that are even 3060+ appropriate.

CRD-5K: 2 MRM30s, 2 Medium Lasers and 2 Medium Pulse Lasers
CRD-7L: ECM, Stealth Armor, 2 LRM15s, 2 SSRM4s, 2 ER Medium Lasers
CRD-8S: 2 LRM10s, 2 Medium Lasers and 1 Heavy Gauss Rifle

DV-8D: 2 LRM15s, 4 ER Medium Lasers

CGR-3Kr: Light PPC, Snub Nose PPC, 2 ER Medium Lasers, 1 Medium Laser, 1 ER Small Laser, 1 Small Laser, Targeting Computer, Light Ferro (Technically it's a Jihad era variant, but like the KDK-3, uses tech available once the tech jump happens.)
CGR-SA5: 320LFE, LBX20, 3 ER Mediums and 2 SSRM6s

Edited by Alan Davion, 15 March 2017 - 04:59 PM.

#48 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:59 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 March 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

Well, that is true depending on who votes. If we had open votes, and could get it to the "masses", some will be Mech Eugenicists, some will be affected by them, others will vote with Nosalgia, others "cuz it's prety", etc.....

The only two things we can really do is provide open choices, and get as many people to vote as possible. Beyond that... *shrugs*

Alright I'll add the fracking Crossbow but only because my gal Marthe wrecked Natalie Breen's Crossbow.

#49 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

View PostGas Guzzler, on 15 March 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

that's what voting does. Confounds the heck out of you. Pretty sure a lot of people are still trying to figure out Nov 11, lol.

Also, lots of WHM-IIC have Missiles, one has HAGs in the arms, one has a HAG in the torso, one has C-RAC5s....

#50 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

View PostRampage, on 15 March 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

Not only are you biased but you are now lobbying for certain Mechs while conducting the poll? For shame! Posted Image Posted Image

This is a discussion, just pointing something out, you will notice I voted for neither. Still pushing for that Kingfisher since I'm such a meta tryhard that only votes for power creep, or so I'm told.

#51 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:00 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 March 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

If I were PGI, what I would do for IS 'Mechs is set them on a tick-tock cycle for nostalgia-performance, since those two things seem to be directly at odds with each other. That's an IS-only phenomenon, it doesn't seem to hold true for Clan 'Mechs.

#52 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:00 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 March 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

that's what voting does. Confounds the heck out of you. Pretty sure a lot of people are still trying to figure out Nov 11, lol.

Also, lots of WHM-IIC have Missiles, one has HAGs in the arms, one has a HAG in the torso, one has C-RAC5s....

But we don't have any of those weapons so we won't get the ballistics. So its just the ballistics that the Pixie IIC has over the WHM then.

#53 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:01 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 15 March 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

Alright I'll add the fracking Crossbow but only because my gal Marthe wrecked Natalie Breen's Crossbow.

I'll probably be the only person to ever vote for it... though TBH I prefer the IS version, which is probably even worse... lol

View PostGas Guzzler, on 15 March 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

This is a discussion, just pointing something out, you will notice I voted for neither. Still pushing for that Kingfisher since I'm such a meta tryhard that only votes for power creep, or so I'm told.

the first step to recovery, is acceptance....Posted Image

#54 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 15 March 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

But we don't have any of those weapons so we won't get the ballistics. So its just the ballistics that the Pixie IIC has over the WHM then.

Not true. Many of those non existent weapons are the basis for the various "P" variants that PGi "made up", but didn't have the correct tech for. HAGs could just as easily be replaced with ANY ballistics in a WHM-IIC-P

Posted Image

#55 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 March 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

Not true. Many of those non existent weapons are the basis for the various "P" variants that PGi "made up", but didn't have the correct tech for. HAGs could just as easily be replaced with ANY ballistics in a WHM-IIC-P

Posted Image

But would they have 6 shoulder ballistic hardpoints and Jump Jets?

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 15 March 2017 - 05:07 PM.

#56 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

View PostYeonne Greene, on 15 March 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

Just trying to take responsibility for my actions and all that jazz... Posted Image

I'm prety sure that's against the rules of interneting..... or something. Posted Image

#57 MacClearly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCanada

Great...now I have to go look most of those up. Sometimes I feel like you lore guys are giving me homework.

Edited by MacClearly, 15 March 2017 - 05:08 PM.

#58 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

With how ceral IS players are about their mechs, i think we need all the silly mechs that IS has first.

#59 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

View PostMacClearly, on 15 March 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

Great...now I have to go look most of those up. Sometimes I feel like you lore guys are giving me homework.

I will PM you the answer key if you want :)

#60 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:13 PM

Clan light section could use the Fire Falcon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users